4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, simple laptop bag
Published on February 13, 2012 by Doug Peter

this is just a sleeve not a case as shown in the descriptive pictures. E-Bags returned a five dollar and change refund to get me
to keep it. Still not happy with it as it is not the case shown. E-Bags representative claimed Amazon must have put the wrong
Published 16 months ago by Kent Foster

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, simple laptop bag, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Samsonite Classic 15.6 -InchShuttle (Black) (Personal Computers)
First, the pictures for this bag are not correct and show a larger model. This item does not have two zippers on top and just has one large main compartment. Don't expect to carry much more than your laptop, charger, mouse, phone, pens and a flat pad. It will not hold a 1" 3 ring binder with the laptop. My 15.6" Toshiba fits snugly and I'm happy with the bag. If you're looking for a sturdy bag to basically just carry your laptop you can't go wrong with Samsonite quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Careful of the Images, Great otherwise, December 13, 2012
J. Wang (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
FIRST: Be aware that some of the photographs for this bag are misleading. They depict two main holders. This is for the Samsonite Classic Two, which is thicker and has a secondary main pocket, which allows for cards, pens and whatnot to be stored. There is a separate listing for the item, just type in 'Samsonite Classic' on the search bar and you will find both listings.

NOW: This bag is great. Most laptop bags I see from other name brands cut corners, such as plastic clips, zippers, low quality nylon fabric. This case is high in quality in everything except one aspect, which I will get to. The case is slim- more slim than any laptop case I have seen, and for someone on the go who wants to look sharp, this case definitely plays the part. It's firm, not sloppy, will hold a laptop securely, and a few documents as well (but don't push your limits). I use this as my carry on in addition to a small backpack. The case will hold my laptop and power cord + brick with the slightest bulge. (Note, I have a Sony S Series, which is .91 inches thick, so those with large laptops may have issues)

Now, I have been to many B&M stores to check out their other laptop bags. Many have the following failures:

- Poor quality material. It feels flimsy, cheaply sewn together, and saggy.
- Cut Corners. Important parts, such as hinges and clips, zippers, etc, are made of plastic.
- Too big/bulky. I'm trying to carry a laptop, not my desktop.
- Looks cheap, generic.

I will start with the flaw of this bag- the shoulder strap is relatively cheap. I LOVE the hooks, they are metallic and are sturdy. However the strap is thin (understandably as the whole bag is meant to be streamlined) and the shoulder pad is disappointing.
However,the rest of the laptop case is marvelous. There are two front zippers, which unfortunately do not have any in-line pockets, however I have not had any difficulties with this, as the bag is strictly for my laptop, chargers and what have you (passports, plane tickets, some cash, thin wallet/phone, etc) There is also a wide back-pocket which comes in handy with more personal documents, as it hangs inwards (you'd be a fool to not notice someone unzipping your laptop carrier though) so it's safe from roaming hands.

This laptop case is not for everyone. If you need to store a lot of things, look elsewhere. However if you only have a slim laptop and the charging brick, a travel mouse and other tiny items, this is a great classy looking laptop carrier at a bargain price. You will seriously not find anything that looks better than this at the price point (or even double/triple the value!)

EDIT: 3/14/13: I've now had this bag for about four months, give or take. This is what I carry in it on a daily basis:
- Sony 15.6 S-Series laptop
- Charging brick+Cable
- Kobo mini e-reader
- Phone + Wallet
- Small notebook + Pen
- Pack of gum, small pack of tissues

This is quite a bit of stuff inside the briefcase, however the entire thing stays slim (with a hint of bulging I will admit). I've taken this on about six train rides, and eight airplane flights with no issues. I have gotten a scratch/scuff on one small area of the bag, however it has not grown any worse and appears to be completely superficial, no signs of worsening.
I am super happy with this bag now, for it has completely exceeded my expectations and came at an incredible price. I would have gladly paid 2x or even 3x the price to have this bag. If you have a thin laptop or are into style, seriously, buy it!

EDIT: 4/5/13

I have since updated my rating to 5 stars. Originally I had wanted the Classic 2, however I am finding myself quite happy with this current size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag as a computer bag, August 25, 2011
This Samsonite computer bag is nice as a computer bag. Material used is pretty good too. It fits in a 15.6" notebook well however if you want to also put in some doc/newspaper it is not going to fit in.

1.0 out of 5 stars product not as advertised in advertising pictures on your web site, May 16, 2013
pictures in the Ad. Still no one has offered to send me what I thought was ordered according to the descriptive pictures at no
additional charges to compensate for my time and trouble. BAD DEAL FOLKS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop Bag and Solid Value, July 12, 2012
I was looking for a laptop bag that wasn't too bulky but looked solid and was well made. I also didn't want to pay much because bags can cost around $100 and that is not what I am willing to pay for such a simple product.

This Samsonite classic bag fit my needs well and after using the bag for a few weeks, I am very happy with the purchase.

Pros:
- Slender, lightweight, and very well made. For under $30 I feel I got a bag that is constructed to last for years and this alone makes me feel like I got value for my money.
- Zippers are metal and not cheaply made. This is critical because less expensive bags often fail due to zippers simply breaking.
- Handle is a leather wrap, not the canvas like fabric that the bag is made out of, so is comfortable to hold for long periods of time.
- The main pocket fits my 15.6 inch laptop snuggly.
- There is some padding to protect against a careless drop, though I suspect frequent or serious drops from a height greater than 6 feet will result is a cracked laptop. This is fine for me because I wanted a slender bag for ease of carrying on public transit.

Cons:
- There are 3 additional pockets outside the main pocket that holds your laptop and this is nice, though be advised that beyond placing your AC adapter, and some other small cords and wireless mouse-- you will have no room for other items. Again, this is a fine trade for me because I wanted a slender bag. However, if you need to place bulkier items in your laptop like your lunch, water bottle, or sunglasses, you won't find the room or will find your items all get squished.
- While the main pocket that holds your laptop has inside storage areas, I doubt you will be able to use them for much more than storing paper. If you put your cords and cables in your bag it will bulge and while its laying on a table or ground some item is going to be grinding into your laptop. That is not ideal. I place my AC adapter, power charger, ipod and headphones, and a few other items like advil and sunscreen in the front pocket. This puts a slight bulge on one side and save the laptop from being scuffed on a daily basis.

Overall I am glad with this purchase and would recommend this bag to anyone who needs a slender, inexpensive, and well made bag to haul around their laptop and a few extras.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, smaller than expected, December 27, 2011
This is a great, sturdy laptop case. My only complaint is that the photo is slightly deceptive. I expected it to be a thicker case, with more pockets for papers and such, but it only has one section that will fit a laptop and maybe a few sheets of paper. I was expecting something in between the actual size and a full briefcase size bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very functional bag., October 2, 2013
This bag isn't showy or fancy, it doesn't say look at how how much money I have or anything. It just works, which is exactly what I think a bag should do. Surprisingly good amount of space in a smaller bag. I carry books and binders and my ipad in it and they all fit great. Would recommend this economical bag that simply works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be bigger, July 23, 2013
J S (SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS) - See all my reviews
This bag is great for my HP 15.6 widescreen. It is well made and perfect to carry around. My only complaint is the storage for the power cord. With my HP power cord in the bag it really bulges out of the pocket and I am concerned that it will eventually tear through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable for Light Transport, February 25, 2013
We had purchased this for our department laptop at the University I work at. It is definitely a slim case but it works well for transporting between meetings. The laptop we use this bag with is the Latitude E6320 i5-2520M. It fits snug and the laptop chords bulge out a big when we put it in. I believe this is an adequate bag for a Macbook Pro, but probably not a laptop bulkier than that. It is sturdier than an incase laptop bag as far was the outer fabric, but it has as much cushion/protection as the incase bags. This seems the be the trend with laptop bags now so I guess this is expected. It can deceiving with the picture because although some reviews indicated that is was snug tight fitting bag, it looks like a typical old laptop bag that Samsonite usually sells. The strap did not feel incredibly study either. We will see how this handles after long term daily meeting use.

I would recommend for anyone who has a skinny laptop and is going for a minimalist bag that is still professional enough for use at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, November 25, 2011
J. Hall (El cajon, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This item is exactly what I wanted. Tough, light, durable and the right size. It fits my older laptop just fine.

Samsonite Classic 15.6 -InchShuttle (Black)
$70.00 $34.99