Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on February 26, 2014
This is a very large and robust case, which I really find can hold up well to travel. The lack of zipper really makes for a robust set up. But the sheer size can create some issues.

I have travelled several thousand miles with this bag, it's been lost twice, one time taking a cross country jaunt without me from coast to coast. It's bright and obvious to see, so baggage handlers can spot it in a sea of other bags, as can I.

So far I don't have any issues, although being so big it can be a bit cumbersome at times. What you lose in convenience you gain in storage space.

***

UPDATE

Having owned this case for less than four months and flown less than 30 times, my luggage showed up on the carousel missing a wheel.

Now I get that baggage handlers are not that gentle, and I get the bag was pretty full (although not even close to being deemed 'heavy' by the airline), but an entire wheel breaking off so soon after purchase is inexcusable.

The airline of course calls this reasonable wear and tear.

I've had it too long for Amazon to take it back.

And forget your ten year warranty from Samsonite; that's just a joke. They specifically exclude damage such as this. Yep, they make a bag with the word "F'light" in it, and then essentially tell you that their bags can't withstand the rigors of actually taking them on a flight.

The only upside is that the case is well constructed, so I can use it as a fairly weatherproof storage box. I'll have to buy another suitcase though.

I am beginning to question Samsonite quality control. I bought one that lasted well over 150 flights. Then another that lasted just months (the TSA lock broke so I couldn't lock it). Now this which lasted less than four months. At this rate I'm going to be spending $600 a year on suitcases. Beginning to wonder if I need to look to another brand.
77 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2014
Exactly after a year's satisfactory use I lost two of the wheels during my recent trip. It came out of the carousel without a wheel after outbound flight and without the other after the return flight. Now, completely useless for carrying. A very disappointed Samsonite purchase.
review image
on November 12, 2012
I travel frequently internationally, with bags full of gifts or items that people have requested me to bring them. These are perfect for the job. The hard shell case protects my items, but it's not very heavy. Plenty of room and strength to pack a full 50 lbs and get the most out of my trip. The 4 spinner wheels make it easy to move around. I love that it locks shut with clamps instead of a zipper so I never worry that it's going to break open, and love the TSA lock so I can lock the bag with a passcode and TSA can still open it to inspect it. Despite the 1-star review here regarding the size, I've never had any airlines complain about the size of the bag. I'm here today buying a 3rd one of these.
33 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
I purchased this luggage because I required large hard back luggage for international travel. The basic operation of the luggage was initially fine. The composite material is light weight and it appears to lack strength but it performed well for 3 trips. On the fourth trip, within a 7 month period, one of the roller wheels came off during my trip. No prior indication of stress on the wheel just a separation of the wheel from the luggage. The four wheel rolling was also a key reason for my purchase. I am very disappointed that such an expensive piece of luggage failed to endure more than 3 trips. Additionally, I tried to find information on the warranty and there is no mention of warranty on the Amazon product page. I also searched the Samsonite web site and I failed to find warranty information for this specific product. The Samsonite brand once known for quality has declined. I do not recommend this product.
22 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2014
May be a nice suitcase but if the combination lock breaks or goes bad as they often do, BEWARE you cannot get a replacement from Samsonite. They do not carry the locks again. Hard to believe for a stock item currently being sold, but it is so. You will have EXTREME difficulty locating a replacement lock. So far I have not been able to.
on October 8, 2013
* Overall Dimensions: 32.67"X 23.48"X 13.77"
* Weight: 12.0 lbs.
* Inside Dimensions: 31.0" x 21.0" x 12.0"

Source: [samsonite dot com]
Most airlines allow up to 62 inches (L+W+H)
If size is concern to you, get Samsonite Luggage F'Lite Upright 30 Wheeled Suitcase. The size as per Samsonite website is 61.5" but it has only 2 wheels so not a spinner.
* Overall Dimensions: 29.5"X 20"X 12"
* Weight: 11.2 lbs.

Both of these luggage are missing top handle. Could be a problem when putting to train from platform or situations where minor pickup is needed.

Both these suitcase is made of good material and air/moisture tight construction.
on December 16, 2012
We ordered two of these to take to Russia, and boy am I glad we did.......they took a real pounding, dragging them all over the place up and down stairs, cobblestones, through airports and train stations.....they don't believe in ramps there! And then the guy at JFK in customs was THROWING the luggage into a pile. These babies held up great, wheels still solid, and they do NOT have the flexible zipper seam that so many of them have. When they are closed and locked, they are closed and locked! A little pricey, but no regrets at all.....this thing will last forever! I cannot recommend enough!
on December 19, 2012
The bag exterior appears reasonably made, but the locks and other important parts are plastic. The biggest disappointment is that the interior of the bag is not lined. The screws and plastic mold points can catch and pull clothing and the divider is of limited utility. At the $500 MSRP, you are getting screwed and at 60% off it is still a bad deal. For $99, it might be worth it. For any more, go find another bag.
55 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
This is my second one. The first one lasted for two years before the wheels came off. I do travel a lot, so two years isn't bad, really. The larger wheels are the ones used when you drag the suitcase and those are the ones that broke. Not good! But, it did last for two years. The top inside retainer that should hold stuff in place while packing, broke off after about a year, but I could deal with that. Sooo...I ordered a second one to replace the broken one. Sadly, it was already broken right out of the box! The straps in the bottom half are anchored to the inside of the case with self-tapping screws. One of the screws broke free due to lack of plastic where the the screw taps into the case. Basically...just shoddy workmanship. That's why I am giving it one star. I will try to fix it myself...no time to return it before my next trip. It is a big, lite suitcase that is easy to handle (when the wheels are working), but I doubt this one will make it two years.
on May 24, 2015
These are lightweight for their size, very durable so far and roll easily through airports. Luggage on international trips can take a beating. We've got two of these (one black, one red) and both are still going strong after 4 international round trips and a 3 domestic round trips (over 60k miles/40+airports). Planning on buying a third soon.