Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Dkx 21 Inch Upright Bag, Black, One Size
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 26, 2011
Well manufactured product, light weight, only 2 wheels, perfect size for carry on, fit perfect on the airplane compartment. I would recommend this luggage for people who's traveling just for a couple days
on March 20, 2012
Bought this to complete the set I gave to my son who is a world traveler. He now has the larger, mid-size, garment bag, and this one. He is very pleased with how well they wear and their durability as they travel in "trains, planes and automobiles" for varying lengths of time.
on January 23, 2013
This bag has excellent build quality, its been all over the world with me and still looks new. Not exactly feather light but I have never had issues with weight when I use it for carry-on. I have not has any issues with it falling over when standing upright. My former Travel Pro handle broke, of course they considered it "abuse" so I moved over to Samsonite. Happy I did!!
on December 6, 2012
I've had this luggage for a few years now and just bought one for a friend a few months ago. I take it on most of my few day trips around the US. It fits almost all the clothes and random things that I need to take on my trips. It has two small zip compartments on the part of the luggage that opens outward. It easily fits in most overhead luggage compartments (fits just right) except for the smaller type planes. It has lived up to all the wear and tear so far and still rolls nicely after a few years of traveling. I bought mine when it was a little cheaper around 100 dollars so if it's about that price, I'd say that's a pretty good deal for this luggage. So my only complaint for decreasing it by a star is the cost.
on December 19, 2012
This bag has one design flaw that is so annoying, its good qualities become meaningless. The bag is called an "Upright," but it doesn't stay upright if anything is packed in the large, outside pocket! I believe it falls forward because the supports on the bottom are not adequately placed. In order to stay upright, the front of the bag must lean against a wall or chair; otherwise, if you let the handle go for a moment, the bag falls forward. I hadn't realized the problem until I'd discarded the packing and left for my trip this summer. Now I'm packing for another trip and really need the extra room in the front pocket, so I have to deal with the bag tipping over all the time. I'm sorry I didn't buy the spinners. (The matching carryon tote works fine, by the way.) I've never written a review before, but I rely on them myself and decided I should let other buyers know about this design flaw.
on September 12, 2012
Excellent product. Took on a business trip and it withstood all the airport wear and tear. I will probably buy another for future trips with the family.
on October 18, 2012
I never bothered to check the weight of this bag when I bought it. I just blindly thought Samsonite would have done quality job to optimize it for right weight and build. I was on an International Flight and Domestic Flight since I bought this bag and I have had problems on both. The bag weighs whopping 9 pounds which means you can just add 6 more pounds of your stuff on Domestic and International travel. You might get lucky sometimes and Airlines staff might not check the weight of your carry on but I was not. I was caught both the times and I had to go through the pain of shuffling stuff. I don't believe your bag should take 60% of the allowed weight. I am not sure how other brands are doing. But for me this is definitely a bad design for carry-on.
on December 1, 2012
Great suitcase for the price. No problems with fitting it in the overhead bins. We are very happy with this purchase.
on August 23, 2013
The bag is well constructed and offered at a great price. However, I am an expert traveler and this bag does not meet my needs, I travel 90% of the time. Now that we understand my viewpoint that I don't like this bag for 2 reasons. First of all the wheels are hard plastic/rubber and make a ton of noise on pavement and over every bump. Unlike my last bag the Samsonite Pro3 (great bag by the way but cant find it anymore) that had better wheels that never made a sound because they were rubber similar to the wheels on a Rollerblade. The second reason I don't like the bag is the straps that hold clothes down go from top to bottom versus side to side. this causes my suits to get wrinkled more. If those two items don't bother you I would recommend buying this bag. It is perfect for the over head and allows plenty of room for a 3 to 4 night trip.
on December 25, 2012
Excellent for price. Fit well in all my flights. I recommend it for anyone who travel for short term vistis.