on July 10, 2012
This luggage the DKX 25 inch is overall a good buy. This is my review as a business traveler.
1. Good construction and solid build. They nylon fabric is strong and withstand a quite a bit. It is assembled in China, but no indication of where the materials are from. The zippers are sturdy and relatively smooth. Similarly, the wheels are free moving and do not protrude out too far from the frame.
2. Two wheel luggage, where the wheels are large and smooth moving, are better for durability than 4-wheeled luggage. They can withstand regular use and abuse if you are a frequent air traveler.
3. This luggage is not too big, but not too small. It can easily handle sets of adult clothing like shirts, blouses, pants and jackets without too much folding.
4. The design and layout are great where the interior pockets in the lid will hold enough, but can't be overloaded causing problems with the lid. There is an expansion zipper, but it only expands a little more than an inch, so you can't overload the luggage. The exterior zipped pockets are very convenient as well.
5. The weight distribution of this luggage is very good and will not tip over in any direction when normally load it. You could probably load books in it and not have it tip over.
6. Aesthetically, this luggage is nice without being gaudy. I got it in the burgundy color which appears more red in pictures. It is not, it is more of a brick red and not feminine looking.
7. It comes with a toiletry bag and TSA combination lock which is nice.
8. If you travel once a month by air(and this luggage can not be your hand luggage); expect it to last 3-4 years which is quite good for business travel.
Cons: Only one and that is weight. Unloaded this luggage is 10.5 pounds and most airlines limit you to 50.5 pounds. For the price, I don't expect ultra light weight luggage, but I expected it to be nearly 9 pounds given its dimensions. If you fully load this luggage for a week's worth of clothes for business travel, you may be near the weight limit. I loaded it fully and it was 40 pounds. If you came back from travel with souvenirs, some extra books and clothes, it may be over weight.
on August 11, 2012
I used this bag as my main suitcase for my 5-week trip to Italy. I packed about 10 days worth of clothes, a camera case, and 3 different pairs of shoes. The weight capped around 51lbs. It is very sturdy, and the zippers are good quality. I will definitely use this as my main travel suitcase until it's completely worn out.
The reason I gave it 4/5 stars is because the pull out handle seems cheaply made...if the bag had been overstuffed, I think the handle would have bowed and probably not come out. Also, the wheels have already taken a significant beating. They are very lightweight and appear cheap as well. I'm worried that they might not last too much longer, but at least Samsonite offers a 10 year warranty if they do prematurely wear out.
All in all, a great buy! Amazon had the lowest price and free 2-day shipping with my Amazon prime. Good deal!
on February 19, 2013
Used this bag for a trip for 5 day's for two people (adult and toddler). Fit everything including diapers and snacks. It is well made, light, spins well and maneuvers with two fingers. I could push the stroller for a bit and pull behind me no problem. Will buy a second if it is discounted again. It makes the average cheap suitcase feel just like what it is......a cheap suitcase.
on December 10, 2012
I recently purchased a larger version of this suitcase and liked it so much I got the smaller 25" also. These suitcases are VERY sturdy and travel well. The only thing to keep in mind, which has also been mentioned by other reviewers, is that because the suitcase is built so solidly, it is also heavy when empty. Keep that in mind if you are trying to stay under the airline's weight limit! Also, the color to me is more like a WINE burgundy, if that makes any sense at all...not red, which some burgundies tend to be, but I like that!!!! Would highly recommend!