5.0 out of 5 stars Samsonite - They STILL make 'em like they used to.
Published on March 8, 2012 by 80sGuy

2.0 out of 5 stars Oversize Bag For Airlines
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsonite - They STILL make 'em like they used to., March 8, 2012
80sGuy (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite LIFT 29" Spinner Expandable (Accessory)
I haven't bought luggage bags in years and I'm glad I bought this one. The Samsonite Spinner is extremely spacious, it is also insanely lightweight and durable which makes hauling a breeze during trips. This thing has traveled more than 16,000 miles around the world and met with the harshest conditions (airline cargo area) and I've yet to find one scratch on it, and it came home looking brand new just like the day Amazon shipped it to my door. Looking forward to get a few more Samsonites in the near future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oversize Bag For Airlines, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite LIFT 29" Spinner Expandable (Accessory)
We purchased 2 of these bags last year at Christmas. We were planning on taking them to Europe this summer but found out they are oversize bags for the airlines. They are now useless for us. It is much cheaper to buy new luggage than pay the oversize fees. With the wheels and -- these bags measure 32" X 20 X 12 (empty). This adds up to 64" and the airlines only allow 62" and they include the wheels with their measurements. BTW My husband measured these and is a Toolmaker. I figure when giving the measurements Samsonite doesn't include wheels and the pouches on the outside of the bag. I called Samsonite and it's well past the return time. They still have tags. I like the lightness of them but I sure wish I had gotten the 25" size. 'sigh'

4.0 out of 5 stars This thing is LIGHT!, April 28, 2012
Y. Ng (Pleasanton, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite LIFT 29" Spinner Expandable (Accessory)
When I ordered it, I simply go by the spec as my other luggage handle (other brand) broke. In addition, the airlines started to charge ridiculous fees on over-weight luggage. When I received it and actually hold it, I was pleasantly surprised! It looks huge but it is light. I was taken a bit of off-balance, LOL. Now, the cautious I want to share is the flat handle design. I put a TSA approved lock on the zipper and took it to Hong Kong. When I picked it up the lock is gone and the zipper hook was broken. I didn't lose anything inside so I think the flat handle design make the zipper locks easily tripped. The good thing is Samsonite has a repair center not far from me and I was able to get it repaired (like a 5 min repair job for them). So the way to avoid my incident is to pull the zipper to the bottom of the luggage. That way the wheels will be a safeguard to the lock/zipper. This problem is really why I give 4 stars. I actually order another one as I can now workaround the problem and Samsonite service is great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too BIG. 32" height with wheels, June 24, 2013
Betty Tsui (Burlingame, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The luggage actual measurement is WRONG. It doesn't match with what it says on the web. Totally wasting my time and money. I have measured the luggage, it is actually is 32" height upright with wheels, 20" wide and 12" deep (on website, it says only 8" deep which is a lie). Nowaday, the airlines luggage measurement includes the wheel as the linea measurement 62" international. Otherwise, you have to pay additional $100 per piece of oversize luggage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect dimension in the product description, December 8, 2013
The dimension of the luggage is 63 inches which exceeds the Delta's requirement (maximum 62 inches). The right dimension is incorrect in the product description. I feel very disappoint with the incorrect product information provided by Samsonite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, January 28, 2012
Eduard Reznik, (Morton Grove, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
It is nice looking, has convnient handles very spacsious, almost twice lighter then any same size luggage, moves eazy even fully loaded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but the small wheels undermine its other virtues, July 11, 2012
I loved my last Samsonite which had rollers a bit smaller than baseballs. This new addition has rollers that are only slightly larger than ping-pong balls. The difference in performance is huge. During rolling, the suitcase is constantly on the verge of tipping over, it never makes it into an elevator without one of the little wheels getting stuck in the crack, and I always have trouble rolling over city streets if there are grates or large cracks in the sidewalk. I don't know why they made this change and it is annoying. If you can find a Samsonite luggage with larger rollers, definitely buy that version.

Other than this problem, which no one else seems to comment upon (so perhaps I'm just used to the extra stability and ease of rolling from the previous models), the bag is wonderful. It is strong, lightweight, and very spacious.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - bag is significantly larger than listed measurements and is an oversized piece of luggage, November 26, 2013
Nathaniel Plucker (Lutz, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Although this luggage appeared to be of good quality, when I actually got the piece it appeared rather large and so I measured it myself. I found that it was much larger than the listed size, with a depth of 12 inches (as opposed to the 8 1/2 inches reported by the manufacturer). With this extra few inches, this bag (including the wheels) exceeds the total size requirements for most airlines for a standard piece of checked luggage and would be considered an oversized bag, which means if you tried to use it you would likely end up paying the significant oversized luggage fees. So I returned this piece and replaced it with the same model but the 25" size.

1.0 out of 5 stars EXCEEDS size requirements, January 21, 2014
Bought it, received it, measured it - 64 total inches, returned it. Great price for a nice bag, but not worth the risk of having to pay over-size fees. DO NOT believe the manufacturer's measurements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great BIG Suitcase - Seems Tough, June 1, 2012
I bought this bag before a 16 day whirlwind trip to Italy which ended with a lot of steps in Venice. I wanted one big bag on wheels rather than several that I would have to juggle since I was traveling alone.

Warning: This bag is SO BIG that it's easy to pack too much and go overweight. Without having to sit on the suitcase to close it, I accidentally packed 58 lbs and had to remove items when I got to the airport.

I didn't realize how many steps I would have to carry this bag over in Italy. I think my back is still recovering. But I can tell you that those wheels can really take a beating. I was so worried that thump, thump, thumping down all of those stairs would break one off and then I'd really be in trouble for the rest of my trip, but they remained in use and easy gliding the whole time.

The only reason I'm giving this bag 4 stars instead of 5 stars is that it doesn't give you a place where you can lay in your hanging items on the hangars and strap them in. My last suitcase had that section and I really liked being able to pull out my hanging items and just hang them up when I got to the hotel. Also, the zip open section on the top/front of the suitcase goes all the way down the suitcase and I'm not sure how useful that is. It would be nice if that were a smaller compartment for travel documents, etc., but those are minor complaints. If you just want a nice big bag that is heavy duty and easy to push/pull, then this is it.

One other reviewer said that the purple looks more blue than purple and I would agree. It's kind of bright blue with a purple tone to it. It doesn't look "purple" like the picture shows.

Samsonite LIFT 29" Spinner Expandable