4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Briefcase, I loved it!
After looking for a briefcase for a couple of weeks, I found this Samsonite Leather briefcase which is perfect for me, you have place for your folders, laptop, pens and pencils and much more, I have been using it for a while and I cannot remember all of the compartments it has, it is very functional. I will recommend it if you like to have your stuff very organized.
Published on November 25, 2011 by Luis

2.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable
Published on October 23, 2011 by Raymond

2.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable, October 23, 2011
This review is from: Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black) (Apparel)
I am not happy with the quality of this bag. For the price I paid, and for it being less than three months since I made the purchase, I find the following issues to be unacceptable. The first issue is the shoulder strap clips that attach to loops on the bag stratch the paint. There are now chipped copper rings showing instead of black rings. The second issue is the stichwork is coming undone in several places, including the handles and the side pockets. I feel this is either a non Samsonite product, or Samsonite products are not as good as they make themselves out to be. I do not overload the bag, and I treat it very carefully. Sadly, at this rate, I have another 3-6 months to go on it before I will be using a bag that looks to be 5 years old. I do have to say that the leather is nice, but the quality of craftsmenship is very poor.

I would not recommend purchasing this bag to anyone at this price. I would say it is worth 30$ and that is being generous.

3.0 out of 5 stars Real Leather?, February 27, 2012
I bought this briefcase partly because of the Samsonite name and because of the positive reviews. I was looking for a good briefcase to last me a long time. I also considered McKleinUSA briefcases, but they seemed a bit expensive to me, and fairly heavy too.
Having used this Samsonite now for about two months, I am very disappointed with its durability. More specifically, the edges of the bag, which are part of the stiff 'frame' that helps it keep its shape, are already starting to wear. In fact, in one corner, a chunk has come out of the 'leather' and exposed some kind of white fabric mesh underneath! The 'leather' at that point is only maybe 1/16th of an inch thick. This is very bad design, as these edges and corners are what takes a beating when the bag is bumped into doors, walls and furniture.
If these edges were made of real leather I don't think chunks would come out of them - they just would get scuffed or scratched. Scuffs and scratches can be hidden with polish and really just add to the patina of a fine natural product, whereas fabric mesh stands out and looks cheap no matter what color you make it.
As it is, I am disappointed with the quality of this bag and expect to have to buy a new one in just a few years, when this one is all scratched up. And by the way, I use this as a teacher at a university, so I just transport it in my car and walk with it between buildings. No airline travel, on-site sales work, or any other use which would really require the bag to be sturdy.
Had I known the bag was this cheap quality, I would have spent more to get a better one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was So Excited ------ A Year Later HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED, November 28, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black) (Apparel)
I was so disappointed when this bag fell apart after one year of use. I buy all my gifts on amazon, and read all reviews to make my decisions. This is the first thing I have purchased here that has not held up to my standards. I spent around $150 dollars for this bag, because it had a lot of space, it was very professional looking without appearing "dorky" or "bulky". I loved it and was so excited to give it as a gift when I received it because the material was great, it had many different compartments and fit the lap top PERFECTLY. One of the reasons I chose this particular bag besides it looking sleek and professional while still having the capability of storing many things, was because it appeared it would withstand heavy use, and carry a lot of different things: computer, papers, files, etc etc. Well, about a year after I purchased it, the leather completely ripped from the metal hook ring to the actual brief case itself. There is no way to repair this unless I want to put the hook through the actual material, which defeats the purpose of looking professional. If I had thought to review this after I bought it and received it, I would have given it 5 stars, I'm glad I waited until now to give my input. Great for someone who will use less often, do not buy for someone who needs a nice, durable brief case. I know from experience it is very hard to find that perfect one, but my advice would be to spend the bucks in a higher end store and examine the hooks and rings that connect before you purchase. Look at how it is stitched or sewn onto the bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Cheap, November 10, 2011
This review is from: Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black) (Apparel)
+ It has a lot of space.
+ My wife thinks it looks nicer than my old bag.

I looked at quite a few Samsonite bags at the store. I was impressed and thought that I couldn't go wrong buying a product from them. I was expecting to get a nice quality bag at a reasonable price, so I was disappointed when this bag arrived.

- It looks like cheap pleather.
- Poor craftsmanship
- My friend said it looked like a knockoff.
- I need to buy another higher quality bag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original, August 16, 2012
Bob S. (Herndon, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black) (Apparel)
My first one of these lasted about 6 years and more than a million air miles. This one seems to be made of thinner materials and is already showing damage after a few months. I really miss the little outside pocket that held my passport and boarding pass. First one gets five stars, this version only 3.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Briefcase, I loved it!, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black) (Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it really made of genuine leather???? seems not..., March 17, 2012
I bought this bag two month ago, and I have been satisfied with its performnace,
everything looks ok, before yesterday, I happened to break a corner of the bag, and it turned out to be made of leatheroid.

I'm not sure if the whole bag is made by leatheroid, but now I'm confused.

anyone can tell me if I paid 80+ bucks for a genuine leather bag, and it's not.
what can I do?

thanks...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feel., October 1, 2012
This review is from: Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black) (Apparel)
I've read that some reviewers feel this case is cheap or that it seems like fake leather, I disagree. The case is certainly a polished leather however I do not feel as though it feels cheap in any way. Its Samsonite and carries all the quality you'd expect from the brand. I love the amount of space it offers since I am able to fit my computer, books, iPad, and other items in it at the same time. Its definitely not for someone seeking a slim case, but for anyone seeking extra room, you'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect soft cover Briefcase, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black) (Apparel)
Not too small by any means...Yet not to big either. I guess it would fit the contents of two standard size briefcases inside. Good quality leather. Put together nice. Lots of compartments. Easy access to each compartment. Yup. I like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black), August 16, 2011
This review is from: Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black) (Apparel)
Excellent quality briefcase, plenty of room. Fits 17" laptop and extra stuffings.
Prefer this style, room for cell-phone without attention calling single cellphone pocket at airports, baggage claim, etc.
Good strong adjustable strap, quality zippers. Feels durable, insides are lined with cloth lining.
Buy it!

Samsonite Leather Expandable Briefcase (Black)
$300.00 $125.42