Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 25, 2013
I got this two days before heading out for a five day visit to northern Arizona and southern Utah; I brought the bag along during the long car ride, on four plane trips, and two hotels. It was convenient, light weight, easy to access and roll, and easily fit in the overhead compartment of the small commuter plane from Phoenix to Flagstaff. In fact, they were pulling other roll-away bags to check in at the gate, but didn't give mine a second look. Interestingly, it kept things cool in the trunk when I stopped at various desert spots to take photos or stopped for a meal.

One thing that was a bit dicey was the pull out handle; in my rush to close it when boarding the first plane I pushed down and clipped my little finger by mistake. That was my inattention, but I thought it would be a firmer push than it was. On the other hand, it balanced nicely and even "stood up" beside me as I waited for my flights; I think that's more how you pack than anything.

For this trip I packed five short sleeve shirts, one t-shirt, one pair of long pants, underwear and socks, toiletries in a baggie as required by TSA, four CDs, a folder with maps and brochures, a hat, a stand alone GPS device and cords, and my Kindle reader; it all fit easily and without cramming. The smaller top opening was less useful as things would fall out of it unless the bag was laid flat; I only put my everyday essentials in there (suntan lotion, map, etc.). Lots of room!

I take several short trips a year and I will update this after a few more trips to let you know how well it stands up.

-----------------------------------------
December, 2013 update
I have now used this bag on seven trips since this initial one, for a total of 10 flight legs. The bag continues to hold up well, has never had to be checked in at the gate, and has even survived my overstuffing it on one trip and feeling the weight as I lugged it from one end of the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport to the other in 20 minutes during my run for a connection. The bag also survived well after being moved by a flight attendant to another section of the plane and jammed between two inflexible rollaways (grrr); but everything worked great when it was freed.
99 comments|280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2012
I bought this thinking it would be smaller (I guess that's what I get for NOT using a measuring tape) and was delightfully surprised at how large the bag is. I packed for 10 days with room to spare! The bag still fit in the overhead compartment, which was great.

I did not have any trouble with the bag tipping over as some people did, but I did have trouble with the side compartment zipper splitting during the first trip I took with the bag. That's pretty lame, if you ask me. However, I will use the bag again since I bought it. I'll run it into the ground!

Overall, for the price, I'd say it's a good purchase. But it doesn't seem like it's made to last.
55 comments|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2013
This bag is deceiving, it looks small but its not.

Went on a last trip to Aruba for a week and I did not want to check a bag. I wanted to get in and the airport. This bag was awesome. I over-packed and this bag still fit all my clothes from 3 pair of shoes 5 shorts, 2 pants, about 12 Tshirts and other underwear and accessories.
11 comment|144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2015
Very inexpensive. But you get what you pay for. One of the wheels delaminated after only six trips. Really? In the picture, they appear to be urethane skate wheels, but forensic analysis of the failed wheel show them to be cheap plastic core with a thin rubber overlay. Now it wobbles and jams when rolling on carpet. I will see if "I" can replace the crap wheels with skate wheels that it should have had in the first place. Will report back. .....Added... Tried to repair, but wheel replacement is impossible. It is very cheaply constructed internally as well-- rather than screws holding the wheel assembly together, it was fastened by melting the plastic alignment posts to the body frame. Disassembly and repair are not possible. I do not recommend this unless for one-time disposable use.
review image
on September 8, 2012
This bag was an exceptional value. It is lightweight yet sturdy and fits in the overhead compartments completely. The only downfall is when you try to leave it in an upright position it falls over. Overall a great piece of luggage.
11 comment|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2013
I have an old 22" carryon bag not quite big enough for a two week trip. This Samsonite holds almost twice as much, Does fit in the larger plane's overhead but not the small commuters. It's not fancy with a lot of pockets but does the job well enough
on August 21, 2013
I read the reviews and ordered it. i am totally shocked how much room this thing has...its insane and very well built! I may order anothe one.
on August 8, 2014
Overall I like the feel of the bag. it fits a lot and is light.

However, on my first flight with the bag, a small hole was torn on the bottom. I uploaded a picture.

I'm not sure if it is the airline's fault or not, but the material on the bottom does not feel quite as durable as it could be.
review image
on June 18, 2013
This is a lovely bag that is almost entirely soft. Even one end of the "base" can fold a little. Beware that the length from the fully compressed handle to the end of the wheels is about 22 1/2 or maybe even 23, so it would not fit in most airlines carry-one "boxes"
22 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2013
Item meets carryon size restrictions and gives you space to pack your essentials. Great Samsonite quality at a nice price!