4.0 out of 5 stars Good luggage, sturdy, fits well, a bit bulky
I expected more space out of this luggage considering it is bigger than my last one. But it wasn't actually bigger. It fits in most overhead compartments well (except the tiny little planes where they let you check in for free). The wheels are sturdy if you ever wanted to check-in.
Published 17 months ago by Spusan

3.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than described in details.
Published on July 22, 2012 by Timothy Perry

3.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than described in details., July 22, 2012
Timothy Perry (Los Osos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Aspire Sport Upright 17'' Bag (Apparel)
The product is ok. The suitcase consists of a main storage area with an outer flap that zips over with two pockets. The main storage area is about 7.5" x 16.5" x 13" on the inside. The next pocket is to store your laptop and measures 17.5", 12.5", 2.5". On top of this is a slender pocket taking up maybe a 1/2", it can expand, but shouldn't if you want the bag to fit in the overhead.

The main storage area is almost 8" deep and the other pockets make it nearly 12". That said, it fits in a Southwest Airlines overhead and a Alaska Airlines overhead ok. You may need to empty the "laptop" pocket out to make it fit in other airlines overhead bins.

I like the bag, I just thought everyone should know it isn't 8" thick!

By the way, this is how Samsonite measures their luggage. See there measurement guidance:
[...]

Tim

1.0 out of 5 stars extremely dissapointed. just used and missed 30 day return policy after one day, September 30, 2013
horrible. fell apart after one use. bigger then described. zipper ripped. the handle jams. thought samsonite has great quality. guess i was wrong. wasted 90 dollars

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed, January 27, 2013
The size of the suitcase is good but the problem is that the outer pockets are poorly designed and waste a lot of precious space. The space for the laptop is big but hard to put other things in or out. It isn't a sleeve really but a 1 inch wide space. My laptop moved around a lot so in the end, I still use my laptop bag and this bag. I can't put much else in the space for the laptop (a few shirts, that's about it, but they tend to get wrinkled. I would look for a simpler bag but whose interior pockets are better organized.
Other than that, the bag is light and of good quality. Just poorly designed in my option.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor construction, July 7, 2014
Owned for ~1.5 years, after about a year the pull out handle started to stick, and on a recent trip the whole handle mechanism stopped working in the middle of a trip, making it a nuisance for that week and useless thereafter.

Size is great, fits in every overhead I tried it in, and fits quite a bit of stuff, but seems poorly constructed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good luggage, sturdy, fits well, a bit bulky, July 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Samsonite Product, May 6, 2013
This is really good product. I received this product exactly similar whiich they described online in cheaper price. I am satisfied with my Samsonite Bag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture is wrong, March 5, 2013
This carry-on does not have 4 wheels like the picure.
We would have send it back but we needed it for a trip.
All in all good Samsonite quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't receive what I ordered., February 21, 2013
I was really hoping to get a 19" or 20" bag that I could carry on and still fit in the overhead bins wheels first. My 21" I can usually take on but I have the turn it sideways in the overhead bins. I ordered this 18" because it was the best I could find. I received the 17" business bag. It is very small and might be okay for your laptop and one set of clothes. I returned the product because I wanted something a little larger still.