5.0 out of 5 stars No extra baggage fees
Published 18 months ago by J.B. from Indy

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big for airlines
The product description has the dimensions at 29.5 by 19 by 11.5. The actual dimensions (not counting the wheels or handle) are 29.5 by 19 by 14. That totals 63.5 inches without anything in the outside pockets. Most airlines limit the size to 62 inches. In addition the weight is 14.2 pounds so you only have 35.8 pounds for yourself.

It is a very nice...
Published 18 months ago by J. Pringle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars No extra baggage fees, April 5, 2013
Just took a trip with this bag and it has plenty of space. It took the baggage handler abuse nicely and without spinner wheels (popular now days) the bag comes under the size limits for the airlines. But since it is a huge bag you can easily pack more than 50lbs of stuff in it. If I purchase another bag I will go smaller just because you really can't stuff this huge bag and still be under the weight limit. The size of this monster also means trunk space in car is eaten up quickly.

Pros:
-Decent construction
-Plenty or room
-Comes under airline size restrictions
-Zippers seem to be of good quality

Cons:
-none yet -will update after more usage

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big for airlines, March 27, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Aspire Sport Upright 29 Expandable Bag (Apparel)

It is a very nice suitcase for traveling by car, but too big for air travel.

2.0 out of 5 stars The big, big Samsonite bag, May 7, 2014
Somehow, the bag did not seem quite as enormous on line. It's more like a steamer trunk than a suitcase. Had to return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it., November 9, 2013
Don't buy it. The handle broke after the first trip; I didn't put more weight than the allowed by the airline.

I called the seller that offer unlimited warranty but they sent me to Samsonite but they never responded my request for a warranty. I contacted Samsonite twice and they have ignored me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Samsonite is not what it used to be, June 14, 2014
BasicTek "Tim" (Lake Mary, Florida) - See all my reviews
I have a 10 year old set of Samsonite bags that have been all over the world and US, some parts have broken off, like zipper handles, and address tags, but for the most part the bags are still fully functional. This new bag broke before I even went on my 1st trip. Now these bags are lighter than my old set, and pretty good price. The part that broke was the zipper for the lower exterior storage. a 3 inch part will not zip (the zipper can be pushed over it but it pops open basically making using the exterior storage useless as the whole compartment would open eventually. I'll contact Samsung for a repair, they do have a long warranty. I do like the look of these bags and not sure what to get to replace. We;ll see if I have any other failures, I may reduce the review to 1 star

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 15, 2014
I used this for one vacation and the seems came undone. Don't buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Is pretty good luggage!, June 20, 2014
I went trip with this luggage to Hong Kong, I think is flawless trip. When I open the second zipper, I figure out that zipper is just for decoration. Is not a bag at outside layer, if you needs that bag; then don't buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, January 18, 2014
Nice option. Althoug wheels does not seems very robust, this is an overall nice option for who wants a budget luggage

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Case Needs to be Full, June 4, 2013
This is an excellent luggage. I was looking for a case with sturdy wheels, and this one has one of the best designs I've seen. Mine is a large case, and therein lies the problem. It holds a lot of clothing, but if the case is not full, since it's a soft-side, it will be pushed down into itself when airlines, cruise ships, and others pack it in with other luggage. It was my fault that I got the largest version of this case, and it holds a lot. I probably should have gotten the next smaller size, and the collapsing problem wouldn't be so evident. Of course the same problem exists with any soft-side luggage. I just saying make sure you need one this big before she get it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Selection, June 19, 2014
This luggage has everything we were seeking in luggage: large capacity, yet checkable; sturdy construction; and very smooth wheels. Very pleased with our purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›