5.0 out of 5 stars Luggage cart
Published on August 17, 2011 by chile

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, if modified!
Carry-ons are limited to 14" by 22" by 9". If yours has wheels, you've lost 2 of the 9" to hardware, about 22% of the volume . . . or at least a day's worth of clothing.

Published on June 11, 2012 by John Zimmerlee

5.0 out of 5 stars Luggage cart, August 17, 2011
I weighed my wheeled luggage empty and discovered it weighs 10lbs empty. When I packed for trips, it got so heavy I had trouble lifting it into the plane's overhead compartment. Also, the wheels took up a lot of room. I read packing and luggage reviews on-line and they recommended getting a rectangle bag without wheels and to use a luggage cart if necessary. This cart was recommended for it's sturdiness and it's light weight.

I used this luggage cart through several airports and several cities. It worked extremely well. It folds up to a small unit and fits nicely under the plane seat. I would highly recommend this to frequent travelers wanting to increase luggage capacity and decrease the weight of their luggage. This cart weighs less than a pound.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, if modified!, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Compact Folding Cart (Apparel)

So skip the wheels on your carry-on and also your brief case. You'll save 18 lbs and have more space for your stuff. Dorsey makes a great briefcase and EBags Motherlode is a perfect carry-on.

As for the Samsonite folding cart, you won't find a better cart for carry-on travel. It collapses small enough to fit under any seat and it's sturdy enough for as much as you can put on it. However, the wheels are only 10" wide and that makes for a tipsy cart.

The fix is easy if you are handy. Remove the axle from the cart. Buy a 3 foot long piece of 5/16" diameter steel rod, 2 end caps, and 4 washers from Home Depot. Cut the rod to 14" and slide it into position on the cart, moving the wheels outboard.

Now you have a stable cart that will go anywhere and still fits under the seat in front of you. With the mod, this is easily a 5 star cart!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Compromise of Size /Strength /Portability, January 24, 2013
Yes, it's true that the wheels a bit close together, so one must be careful that it doesn't slip over on crossings etc., and no, it won't do for really heavy loads.
But as a unit that can handle moderate loads AND that folds so small that it can truly be slipped into a carry-on bag or into a small suitcase, this is the best answer I have ever found.
I am not a fan of Samsonite, but they've got a winner on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars back saver, October 18, 2012
The luggage cart is a Godsend for me. I travel back and forth to Europe and I have to lug several carryon bags everytime, including a CPAP machine and laptop. The cart has solved the problem of how to get from gate to gate with a minimum of effort.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke on third day. No refund from samsonite store., October 23, 2011
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Compact Folding Cart (Apparel)
I purchased this item from the samsonite store at the mall. I bought this to carry a bulky 60 pound deployment duffel bag, which was approximately 30 x 15 x 20. The plastic hook on the bungee strap broke the third time I wheeled my bag, even though the cord did not seem strained. Also, the cart tipped frequently even though my bag was centered on it and strapped on. If you have a bulky bag to carry, look for another cart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Vera Bradley Carry-on Luggage!, October 8, 2012
This was purchased so I would not have to lug my computer case and overnight bag on my shoulders through the airport. I am so pleased with the quality and the stretch toggles keep my bags together. Great value and have been asked by fellow travelers where I got this! Buy yourself one because you will not regret it. My husband now uses one for moving his toolbox around at his job!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for travelers!, December 28, 2012
The fact that I can fold this up and put it in my carry on is my favorite part of this product. I've carried 50+ pounds with this cart over loose gravel and concrete and I've had no problems with it at all. A true traveler's companion, I would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luggage cart, October 6, 2012
I was very pleased. I bought this to tote my carry on bag through the airport. When I boarded the plane it wheeled down the aisle with no problem and quickly broke down for overhead storage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon has missed the boat again, March 20, 2013
S. Wilson (Santa Clara county, CA) - See all my reviews
I looked at this luggage cart and another one by Sparco. I always look at the reviews, and I noticed that the identical ones appeared for both items. This is why one reviewer said on the Samsonite cart page that it weighs a pound even though the specs for that item say 3.3 pounds. Amazon, are you listening? You need to either institute a mandatory title inclusion of the actual item being reviewed or stop grouping reviews for similar items. This is one of the most problematic issues about using Amazon reviews to guide purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little cart, June 28, 2012
This is a great little cart. We bought it so that my daughter could transport her saxophone more easily back and forth to school. It works very well. The bungie cords are quite useful. Only downside is it would be nice to be able to remove the cords as needed - but this is a minor thing. It is a bit loud when rolling over pavement but all carts with wheels of this size and type are. It folds up very small and is thus supper easy to store. I really like this cart.

Samsonite Luggage Compact Folding Cart