Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 17, 2011
I weighed my wheeled luggage empty and discovered it weighs 10lbs empty. When I packed for trips, it got so heavy I had trouble lifting it into the plane's overhead compartment. Also, the wheels took up a lot of room. I read packing and luggage reviews on-line and they recommended getting a rectangle bag without wheels and to use a luggage cart if necessary. This cart was recommended for it's sturdiness and it's light weight.

I used this luggage cart through several airports and several cities. It worked extremely well. It folds up to a small unit and fits nicely under the plane seat. I would highly recommend this to frequent travelers wanting to increase luggage capacity and decrease the weight of their luggage. This cart weighs less than a pound.
33 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2012
Carry-ons are limited to 14" by 22" by 9". If yours has wheels, you've lost 2 of the 9" to hardware, about 22% of the volume . . . or at least a day's worth of clothing.

So skip the wheels on your carry-on and also your brief case. You'll save 18 lbs and have more space for your stuff. Dorsey makes a great briefcase and EBags Motherlode is a perfect carry-on.

As for the Samsonite folding cart, you won't find a better cart for carry-on travel. It collapses small enough to fit under any seat and it's sturdy enough for as much as you can put on it. However, the wheels are only 10" wide and that makes for a tipsy cart.

The fix is easy if you are handy. Remove the axle from the cart. Buy a 3 foot long piece of 5/16" diameter steel rod, 2 end caps, and 4 washers from Home Depot. Cut the rod to 14" and slide it into position on the cart, moving the wheels outboard.

Now you have a stable cart that will go anywhere and still fits under the seat in front of you. With the mod, this is easily a 5 star cart!!
55 comments| 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2013
Yes, it's true that the wheels a bit close together, so one must be careful that it doesn't slip over on crossings etc., and no, it won't do for really heavy loads.
But as a unit that can handle moderate loads AND that folds so small that it can truly be slipped into a carry-on bag or into a small suitcase, this is the best answer I have ever found.
I am not a fan of Samsonite, but they've got a winner on this one.
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
The luggage cart is a Godsend for me. I travel back and forth to Europe and I have to lug several carryon bags everytime, including a CPAP machine and laptop. The cart has solved the problem of how to get from gate to gate with a minimum of effort.
on July 1, 2015
I think I have to check what's the max weight allowable for this to carry. The plastic storage with content is about 15-20 lbs and anything heavier, I'm afraid it will break this. It's handy for lighter loads.
review image review image review image review image
on December 28, 2012
The fact that I can fold this up and put it in my carry on is my favorite part of this product. I've carried 50+ pounds with this cart over loose gravel and concrete and I've had no problems with it at all. A true traveler's companion, I would highly recommend this product.
on November 22, 2015
This luggage cart was perfect for transporting 2 carseats through the airport. We used additional bungie cords to attach and stabilize the carseats and it worked great.
review image
on October 6, 2012
I was very pleased. I bought this to tote my carry on bag through the airport. When I boarded the plane it wheeled down the aisle with no problem and quickly broke down for overhead storage.
on October 23, 2011
I purchased this item from the samsonite store at the mall. I bought this to carry a bulky 60 pound deployment duffel bag, which was approximately 30 x 15 x 20. The plastic hook on the bungee strap broke the third time I wheeled my bag, even though the cord did not seem strained. Also, the cart tipped frequently even though my bag was centered on it and strapped on. If you have a bulky bag to carry, look for another cart.
11 comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2014
We recently took a trip from Vegas to WI. I looked at all my options since I knew we'd need to take a car seat onto the plane. The prices for something specifically built for car seats are just ridiculous. With this luggage cart, I could secure the seat using the lap belts and straps attached to the car seat. I read the review on modifying the wheels, but I never had a problem. I could see if you were carrying luggage that was heavy and larger than the base it would tip over, but just for my son and his car seat it was easy breezy. I couldn't wheel it down the aisle of Spirit or Southwest, but it was easy to detach and fold up before we got onto the plane. We have the Cosco Scenera car seat that was a gift. The reviews on Walmart were highly recommended and the price is right. This was definitely a great purchase for what I needed it for. I'm going to put a picture up of how it looked all together.
44 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse