5.0 out of 5 stars Untried but great quality
Published on August 1, 2012 by Vaughn R. Teegarden

2.0 out of 5 stars One trip wonder
Purchased for a trip to Munich and Monaco, and one of the 4 spinner wheels broke before I made it home. I've decided that Samsonite can no longer be my luggage of choice because even with their vaunted garantee, I have to drive anything that needs repairs almost two hours to the only authorized shop in the state.

On the bright side, I did get a full refund on...
Published on November 11, 2012 by Richard Kennedy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars One trip wonder, November 11, 2012

On the bright side, I did get a full refund on this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Untried but great quality, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Cruisair Bold Spinner Bag (Accessory)
These bags look as good as our old Samsonite hardsides, which are now 50 years old. The bags seem to be built with real quality and attention to detail and at this point I am very pleased with my purchase. By the way, the colors are not as bright as the pictures. The burgandy is burgandy, not neon red as in the pictures and the silver is a silver grey. Again not as bright as the pictures. After our upcoming trip to Germany, I will do an update on how they withstand the rigors airline abuse. If they hold up half as well as our old Samsonite luggage, I will be pleased. More later!

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy with style, March 2, 2013
MeMeMe (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I purchased a Victorinox spinner and this one to compare and there was no comparison. This was sturdy with sturdy hardware while the Victorinox was flimsy and the lock malfunctioned. Because we liked it so much, we bought a smaller one to use for shorter trips for my husband.

This takes Samsonite back to when they used to make quality luggage. Well made and looks good to boot.

One complaint: airline stickers leave adhesive residue.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best luggage pieces I've ever owned, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Cruisair Bold Spinner Bag (Accessory)
I'm very picky when it comes to luggage, as most of my trips are international. This luggage series has distinct advantages that meet and in some cases exceed my requirements:

Pros:

1. No zippers on hardtops! Zippers not only are easier to open/cut, but with hardtops, they take all the stress when luggage is pushed/thrown around during a trip.
2. Extendable handle must NOT be protruding INSIDE the cloth space! This is rather important, since clothes will wrinkle if they're placed against the two protruding rods no matter how well you fold them.
3. Lock(s) with combination. This set has one combo box for both left and right lock which is a big plus! (You don't forget one unlocked, while the other is locked; or have to program the combination to both locks to open your luggage.)
4. TSA lock. No waiting in lines to have TSA check contents, if they require to do so!
5. Upright spinner. Four wheels that are very quiet and easy to maneuver, no matter how heavily you pack. Plus you can roll the luggage the old fashioned way, on its side, if need be.
6. Bonus: TWO SPRINGLOADED handles in addition to the extendable handle! This makes it easy to carry the luggage up the stairs by using both hands! Also allows for maximum maneuverability.
7. Inner divider features a a zipped pocket that can keep a few shirts and ties nicely packed.

Additional Comments:

1. Luggage has already survived 4 roundtrips and still looks great! It is very sturdy.
2. The height of the luggage make it easy to rest a carry-on / backback on top, or use a luggage belt to tie it to the extendable handle at the top, thereby not needing to maneuver two pieces of luggage around.

A couple of cons:

1. No provision for a permanent name/address tag!
2. A little heavier than non-hardtop alternatives.

I think you will appreciate all the above features if you decide to buy this series. I couldn't be happier!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lock Broke after 2 uses, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Cruisair Bold Spinner Bag (Accessory)
I got the Samsonite Cuirsair Bold 26" Spinner in Silver last year for Christmas 2012. The first use was bringing it back from Christmas holiday, and then on a business trip. When I went to use this luggage for a 3rd trip, I found out the lock was no longer functional. It would still close. However, you did not need any combination to pop it open. This defeats the purpose of a lock to begin with, and as this luggage does not have a zipper closure, it became incredibly easy to open on accident. I am very dissatisfied with the product. Samsonite's "10 yr warranty" means you must pay to ship the luggage to/from a repair center. They then determine whether or not the damage is a result of manufacture error or owner misuse. It would cost me $50 to ship it, at the risk that they would determine it's not manufacture error. Sorry, no thank you. I have other Samsonite luggage I am very happy with. However, i will NEVER buy luggage with a similar locking function. Zippers from now on!

5.0 out of 5 stars CRUISAIR 26INCH Review, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Cruisair Bold Spinner Bag (Accessory)
I went to several outlet and retail stores in the Las Vegas/Henderson, NV area trying out luggage before I decided to purchase this one. There are several polycarbonate shell spinners to choose from out there. Basically, your decision will come down to five factors: 1. Hinge and locking mechanism strength 2. Overall weight and strength of the polycarbonate shell 3. Single-wheeled spinner wheels vs. double-wheeled spinner wheels 4. Interior design and functionality 5. Color

1. 90%+ of all the polycarbonate spinners I saw have zippers to separate the two luggage shell halves with a lock requiring the zipper tabs to be inserted into a key-type locking mechanism. I saw videos online showing how easy it is to open those zippers (but, I'm sure anything can be opened easily if the thief is motivated). The Cruisair Bold has a metal hinged backside and the two shell sides are closed with actual heavy duty latch mechanisms and secured with a TSA-approved combination lock in the middle of the latch mechanisms. In short, the Cruisair locking mechanism and rear hinges are solid and sturdy. Every zippered-type spinner I saw, regardless of price, seemed flimsy and cheap. ***BEST REASONS I BOUGHT THE CRUISAIR."

2. There is a price to pay for the Cruisair's outstanding sturdiness. The Cruisair's back hinge and overall sturdiness of the polycarbonate shell does add weight to the spinner. It's increased weight is noticeable when compared to zippered-type spinners. If you are a heavy packer you may want to be careful about exceeding the airline's weight restrictions. For me though, the added shell and hinge strengths were well worth the increase in weight. Lighter spinners' polycarbonate shells seemed flimsy and cheap regardless of price. ***SECOND MOST IMPORTANT REASON I BOUGHT THE CRUISAIR.***

3. In the past I've used 8-wheeled (4 double-wheels) and 4-wheeled (4 single-wheels) type spinners. I travel extensively in Asia, especially Japan. I've always had better control and stability with the 8-wheeled (4 double-wheels) type spinners. This Cruisair has 8-wheels. ***THIRD REASON I BOUGHT THE CRUISAIR.***

4. I was somewhat disappointed with the Cruisair's interior. For me, the fact that the Cruisair DOES NOT have an inside fully zipper closing half shell was a big shocker. Not having this feature almost convinced me not to purchase the Cruisair. If you look at pictures of the Cruisair you'll see how the two shell halves are laid out. Utilizing packing cubes will alleviate the frustrations caused by the lack of a zippered inside half significantly, but you will still be frustrated at times especially if you like to pack lots of shoes. ***THIS IS MY ONLY COMPLAINT ABOUT THIS SPINNER!!!***

5. Color is very important to some people. The Cruisair comes in the silver, black, and burgundy. I purchased the black and I like the color. When I was out and about checking and testing different spinners saw several BLUE-colored spinners that caught my attention. If the Cruisair would have been offered in a Navy Blue I would have opted for it, but I am satisfied with the black I chose (silver would have been good also). Yes, I am male. Ha Ha Ha!

I read hundreds, if not thousands, of reviews online and only thought it fair to post my own comments since so many others out there helped me by posting theirs. Do as much research as you can before purchasing your luggage! Luggage itself might not seem like such a big deal, however, if your luggage breaks or the contents are damaged it will at least spoil, if not, ruin your trip.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality in my experience, September 14, 2014
After I had used it on two flights, the inside flap that secures one side broke. It is impossible to fix myself and the return period has expired.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wheel breaking off after 1st flight, guarantee conditions not helping, November 29, 2014
One of the wheels broke off after my very first flight. Don't get trapped with "10-year global guarantee" because detailed instructions say Samsonite only cover manufacturer's defects. That, worsened with my actual location, means that I'll have to ship the luggage to somewhere, which might cost about $50, for the repair center to determine whether Samsonite will cover the cost of repair or not. For that amount of shipping cost, I can add a bit more to buy another luggage which will be way cheaper and can't be worse than breaking off after the first flight.
I gave 2 stars instead of 1 because the look is cool and sturdy, and the wheels ran smoothly (before breaking off)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good...until the wheel broke off on the second trip., March 25, 2014
The suitcase itself is nice, and is a hard-sided case that doesn't incorporate a zipper to close it (which we thought would be likely to be a durability issue). The good news is that the case itself seems relatively durable.

However, the second time we used it, one of the wheels broke completely off, making it nearly impossible to roll around, and completely impossible to stand on it's own. Now we have to figure out how to get it replaced, but I'm not confident that it won't just happen again.

For the money, I'd try to find something with a better durability history. Hope this review helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars First off let me say I loved this bag, September 13, 2014
First off let me say I loved this bag. It looks cool and rolls well. I wanted a zipper-less bag to prevent someone from getting in my bag with the ballpoint pen trick. Fair warning the TSA will break the clasps on this bag to get into it regardless of the tsa key. If you buy this bag do not take it on an airplane. I saw one other reviewer say the TSA broke his bag as well, I should have listened.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›