5.0 out of 5 stars Picked this over the Hyperspace and happy with choice
Published 9 months ago by SC

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in my purchase
Published 19 months ago by fit grandma

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Picked this over the Hyperspace and happy with choice, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Dkx 2.0 25 Inch Spinner (Electronics)
Updated 05/25/14 - took first long trip with this suitcase and it performed fantastically. I had this thing loaded up with about 60 pounds of weight, and then slung my wife's 40 pound duffle on top, and the wheels glided effortless still. Rolled over thresholds, elevator door gaps, etc. with hardly a bump. If a few places I was rolling on thick padded carpet of the hotel which made it difficult to roll like a spinner (not the fault of the wheels, was the thickness of the carpet), but then was easily flipped on side to roll as a regular tow behind bag and again was smooth as silk. Very happy with this bag, I am going to buy another for my wife since she was jealous : )

Prior Review:
Appears to be very well made with a lot of nice touches:

1. there is a full handle on the bottom between the wheels for helping to lift in and out of the trunk

2. You can easily roll this like a spinner but than switch to pull behind on the two back/large wheels easily and it is stable when doing so. I was worried that some spinners were not so good at that, but this rolls very easy when pulling behind.

3. Luggage tag/flap sewn onto the back just in case you lose your main ID tag.

4. Quality construction and heavy zippers are smooth

5. Handle is very easy to activate and pull out and is sturdy

6. This thing is much lighter than I expected which was nice

Overall very pleased with this. I was about to buy the Samsonite Hyperspace model, but then I saw this Dkx model, which I think looks a little nicer and I liked the grey interior on this one - the hyperspace ones have some whitish tan interior that looks kind of like 70's era wallpaper to me. The Dkx seems to have a more conservative look to it too. Very nice purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, durable, highly recommend - NOT A CARRYON!, March 15, 2014
I had the 21" already and was going on a trip that I knew I'd be packing more than would fit. This is definitely a bag you would need to check - NOT carryon. Please don't try to be THAT person that thinks this is a carryon and rolls up to the gate all surprised that it won't fit in the bins. If you want a carryon GET THE 21".

The liquids/toiletries bag that comes with this is a nice size with a sturdy zipper. The garment bag is a great bonus as that kept my dresses clean and unwrinkled during my trip. The interior compartments help tuck away smaller items that usually get lost in suitcases (hair brush, jewelry pouch, perfume, hair ties) and the plastic lined compartment is great if you are traveling with a wash cloth or swim suit that hasn't completely dried.

The wheels and expansion worked great just as they do on my 21". I like the navy color b/c it isn't ostentatious but also isn't black that everyone seems to have. I'm already considering buying the 29" for road trips :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in my purchase, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Dkx 2.0 25 Inch Spinner (Electronics)
"I purchased this bag about 6 or 8 months ago. I am currently traveling and using the bag for the third time. I took my bag out of the car at the airport and discovered the handle will not pull out. No matter how well it rolls, it is extremely difficult to use without a handle. I am very disappointed in this purchase. Now I will find out how good the Samsonite warranty is. Unfortunately, I still have to complete my trip with a bag with no handle."

5.0 out of 5 stars liked the internal pockets, July 7, 2014
R. C. Perras (Baldwin, New York USA) - See all my reviews
Used this on a trip to California, luggage came thru with flying colors. Plenty of room, liked the internal pockets, moved very nicely on all surfaces. May consider getting a smaller sized on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick Delivery, right before Christmas, December 26, 2013
As usual Samsonite did not disappoint. Great quality. This suitcase rolls easily on carpet, handle locks in 2 positions, have a pocket for damp clothes or cosmetics that my leak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, roomy, non-tippy, moves easily, November 22, 2013
Christopher Maines (Silver Spring, MD USA) - See all my reviews
Best suitcase I've ever had. Light and moves easily down train aisles, doesn't tip even when jammed full. It's only been one one trip so far - international with no transfers - so we'll see how it holds up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suitcase...highly recommend!!, November 8, 2013
Took a 13 day trip to Europe and it worked perfectly. My wife has an older model with just the two wheels and she now wants one with four wheels as it is much easier to handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic bag, May 9, 2014
This is my first quality bag I've ever bought. Prior to this, most of my bags were garage sale specials. I am ecstatic at the quality of the zippers, handles, wheel bearings, and just about everything about it. I have already flown about a dozen times with this bag, and it still looks practically brand new. The spinner wheels make moving through the airport a breeze, and the space inside is enough for at least 4 days' worth of clothes, along with the projector I normally travel with. If I didn't have that, I could easily travel for a week or more with this spacious bag, and it would be my pleasure to do so.

Can't recommend it enough. Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Second spinner, December 4, 2012
My second spinner in 5 years. First one I absolutely loved as it was very durable (it had been around the world a couple of times). Sadly that bag was retired; I hope (expect) that this new spinner can live up to the legend of my older red bag. It's been out on a few trips thus far and it looks like it will last for quite some time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Spinner!, July 31, 2014
This is my second set of Samsonite. I have back issues so wanted to get a Spinner. I love how easy they are to move around. I first bought a lower priced set, but they fell over all too easy so moved up to the DKX. I think they are discontinuing them and that's too bad. The only thing I don't like is the quality of the zippers. They are Okay, but not as good as my older set is. Over all they are great. Much lighter weight than my old set too!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›