Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Luggage Fiero HS Spinner 20
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on May 11, 2014
Went on a 5 day 4 night trip and was able to use this carry-on for the first time.

Construction: It's a sturdy little case, wheels glide well, are mounted securely, zippers are heavy duty (I lubricated them with graphite too), lock mechanism is handy but I wish the dials were a little larger to make turning easier, exterior is durable, and the extending handle is sufficiently long enough for my 6' frame to pull comfortably but is not as sturdy as I'd like it to be (I hope it holds up).

Balance: I had a laptop case which slid over the extended handle just fine. Upright the case pushed along fine and did not topple, even going up and down ramps. Casters swiveled just fine and I wheeled like this through the aisle on the plane. Pulling it behind me however, it tended to want to flip to it's side, this was probably due to my laptop case not staying perfectly balanced on the extended handle which caused the weight to shift.

Capacity: I packed the following:

(1) Bathroom bag (9.7 x 9.1 x 2.9 inches)
(5) Pairs of socks
(4) Dress shirts
(2) Polo shirts
(1) Lint roller
(1) Light jacket

Expanded the case when packing, then compressed it when full. No capacity problem at all.

Overhead Compartment Sizing: No issue what so ever

Overall, a great buy.

** 8/22/14 Update

Still very impressed by this luggage piece, I've had an opportunity to use it a number of times thus far.

One trip I threw an extra pair of shoes in and a heavier jacket, so I left the bag in it's expanded mode. No issues of it fitting within the overhead compartment.

Regarding my earlier dial security lock comment, well... it's a carry on and only leaves my sight when the overhead door shuts. So, I find myself not even locking it. Essentially, a non-issue.

Regarding the handle: It's still holding up as if it was new. I guess it's stronger than it first appears.
33 comments|304 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2014
I got this in blue as a gift. This is my first spinner as well as the first hardside luggage piece I own. I did test how much clothes and shoes I can fill in this with the layering technique, and I'm amazed at how much I can put inside it, easily a week or two worth of clothes with no problem! When I first received it, I was a little disappointed about the inside because there was a lack of pockets and organizers. But after stuffing it with a bunch of stuff, I learned that, that was a good point about this case. With the mesh covering, you have a bit of flexibility when you're trying to cram items on that side. I can organize things the way I wanted. The handle is slim but durable and the case weighs less than my American Tourister 21" upright I used for a 7 days cruise a year back. What a difference those spinner wheels make!
review image review image review image
22 comments|302 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2015
Great luggage. Got a lot of compliments in airports. Stylish. Glides with easy. The handle isnt too sturdy but nothing to worry about. You can see in the pictures the real dimensions (unexpanded and expanded) wide and tall. Highly recommended.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
88 comments|210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2014
Fiero HS Spinner 20 replaced out old carry-on that had two wheels. The Wheels of the Fiero are like butter; they move easily as you guide the luggage with just one hand. No need to tilt and bear the heavy burden with this one, though that method is easily executed as well. The casing is sturdy, but does not feel cheap, thanks to the cloth-like feel of the cover material. And the fact that it is expandable (by unzipping the accordion-like soft portion in the middle, in black in the pictures) is great. The inside compartments are great, as well. The netted half is good for suits, or alternatively for smaller items, like socks and underwear, or if you work out as you travel, for sweaty clothes (which can air out in the suitcase in the hotel room without being misplaced somewhere or stuck in a plastic bag to fester in their juices).

All in all, a great purchase. Samsonite proved dependable, as always.
on July 23, 2015
This is my first spinner bag, and other than accidentally running my foot over while half asleep, I've had a great experience with it. The storage is impressive for it's size and I was able to pack it (somewhat inefficiently) with: two pairs of shoes, two pairs of pants, three dress shirts, three ties, three t-shirts, shorts, five pairs of underwear, four pairs of socks, two sets of workout clothes, toiletries, various cords, wireless headphones, and a large book. The bag closed easily and there was definitely more room if I needed it. Mobility-wise, it works great in a crowded airport, as well as boarding and deplaning. It has fit in most overhead compartments, except an especially tiny one on an MD-80. In that situation though, I was able to turn it side-ways. Overall it's a sturdy, economical bag, with good mobility and great storage.
review image
on October 22, 2014
This luggage may feel flimsy at first however I have been on the road with it for some time now and I am sorry I did not invest in this sooner. I am a traveling consultant and on 4 planes a week and this has stood up against the normal abuse and banging down aisles. This fits on the regional jet planes although will take some convincing of the flight attendants. I am able to fit 2 sport coats, 3 dress shirts, 3 dress pants, 3 under shirts, 3 underwear, gym shoes, 2 gym shorts and 2 gym shorts and 6 pairs of sock (gym and dress). 4 out of 5 stars as I believe it is overpriced by $20+ given its size and the amount of plastic in its construction.
on August 4, 2015
I do frequent airline travel (1-2 trips per month) and have been using this bag for almost a year.

Firstly this is a pretty good looking bag and the size and expandable zipper make it a very useful piece of kit for hand luggage. I've used it on multiple airline trips and it fits very easily in the overhead bins of all the aircraft I've tried. I have never checked the bag in the luggage hold so I can't attest to its durability if it is manhandled or thrown around but I suspect it would be structurally pretty resilient.The telescoping handle feels a little cheap and flimsy when extending but in use has never been problematic.

The castors on the bag behaved well for several months, but recently one of the wheels seized up and the bag was becoming increasing difficult to pull along on two wheels; in fact I was effectively dragging the bag which, inevitably, caused the stuck wheel to wear down unevenly. It is possible to access the mount for the wheels (the are secured with only three Phillips head screws on the inside, which you access vie an internal zipper) and I was able to swap the faulty wheel with its corresponding wheel on the other side of the bag. The result is it pulls along fine on two wheels but is not really useable in "swivel around" mode with all four wheels on the ground.

I'm prompted to write the review as Samsonite's customer support is really in the dark ages. The don't list this bag on their spare parts section of their website, and when I contacted customer support the suggested I took the bag to a neighboring state to have it inspected (I would also be able to pack it up and ship it in the mail). Come on guys, this is literally a five minute repair with a screwdriver if they send the replacement part. I cant recommend the bag due to the durability issues I observed and also the lack of flexibility from Samsonite customer support. Hope this helps.
on October 17, 2015
This suitcase has been on only one trip and the wheels are already destroyed. And apparently wheels are not covered under warranty.
on March 2, 2015
WHEEL DOESN'T WORK IN TWO MONTHS! REALLY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT SAMSONITE!
on October 5, 2014
This does have a flaw that could be major for a lot of people. There are no outside pockets, and it open up in half. I like carry-on luggage that has a pocket for flight itineraries, hotel confirmations, a book, and small things like that. To get anything out, you have to expose all the luggage.

This has a surprising amount of room though. I actually wanted to test to see if it could hold enough stuff for my two week trip. Instead of using it for a carry-on, I am actually going to check it. I got almost all of the clothes, toiletries, a pair of shoes, and some other small things in it, With this and the bag I am using for a carry-on, I had plenty of room.

So - for me, this was a good deal, though I am using it not for its intended purposes.