Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 27, 2012
Recently took this bag on an international trip. It was fabulous!! I love how it rolls - very smooth and easy to manuever, even with your hands full!! It is a little bigger than I expected, so you do have to be careful not to overpack - airlines are really racking up the over weight limit baggage fees!!!!
44 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
This is a really great suitcase.

It holds an immense amount of stuff. It has large wheels that roll easily over small obstacles like thresholds (and will roll over almost anything if you tip the bag and use only the rear two wheels to get over curbs, stairs, or other major obstacles). The color is attractive and eye-catching. It is just the right size to roll under the lowest shelf in an Amtrak luggage compartment at the end of a train car. It is large and stable enough that you can bungee a large soft-sided bag to the top and roll both stress-free into or out of an airport or rail station. It also handles city streets pretty well.

One potential downside: it holds so much, you'll need to be careful not to exceed airline weight limits for checked luggage. If you have any kind of elite status on your airline and they allow you a 70 pound limit instead of 50, you should be OK.
on November 29, 2013
Lightweight and sturdy, able to accommodate all of your travel needs. The suitcase itself is tall and has an amazing amount of storage capacity. I bought two for frequent trips to Europe and Asia, and I am entirely impressed.

I had bought a smaller blue version for my Fiancé and she loved it. I admired the sturdy canvas covering and near featherweight, and the obviously durable stitching around key areas of the suitcase such as the zippers and handles. There are smooth patches of simulated leather at each of the corners which protect these vulnerable spots from the wear and tear (friction) of the airport baggage handling system.

The main handle at the top of the bag isn't like any other design I have seen. You pull it up from the body of the bag with no effort, and it slides as if precision machined to exacting specifications. The four wheels move smoothly and the bag, even when fully loaded, is a breeze to push around. The bags come with TSA approved locks, a stowage bag for bathroom accessories, and clear compartments for easy navigation.

Having used these for almost half a year I can attest to their superior quality and value. I have never had travel seem this easy before, and instead of having to plan my travel around heavy suitcases I can walk without strain or discomfort wherever I need to go. I highly recommend these suitcases from Samsonite, they are worth the investment.
on January 5, 2013
First off, I love the Samsonite spinner technology. This is my second such suitcase and I will never buy a different kind. It's easy to push when full, and can be pulled or pushed around upright. My four year old was pushing this around for me. It's that easy.

This model is perfect. The size holds about 50 lbs, which is what most airlines restrict. So going much bigger is kind of pointless. It's better than their past spinner model that I had because there is nothing to get caught or tear on the outside. My previous one had a glued and sewed on label that got caught and ripped. The bag was still useful, but it didn't look great.

As to the color... it's obviously a personal choice. It's bright, and easy to find. It's somewhat light colored, so black marks will show a little, but I think if you get any color other than black, that's going to be an issue.

Recommended without reservation. It really is that awesome.
on September 1, 2013
I carried my new luggage on an extended road trip across the country and then flew back home. This large piece of luggage carried all my things and met the airline requirements as well. I also was happy with the color as it indeed stood out and was easy to pick out as everyone's luggage came by.
on June 17, 2013
If you need depth, this is the one. Else the Lift Spinner (which I also bought) is lighter but shallower. Spinning is great - don't why I didn't get spinners earlier. Now waiting to see its durability.
on November 9, 2013
Sampsonite does not include wheels, handles or pockets when they measure their bags .....................The airlines DO!!! This bag had to be returned because surely some counter agent (like Delta) would stick you for a $100 oversize fee EACH WAY!!!!!!! Will probably order a 28 or 29" bag.
This is a beautiful bag BTW; just too large to positively stay under "oversize".
on October 19, 2012
Buying luggage is a chore. Wondering about size, ease of use, and what all those unknown accessories mean to the overall functionality can make your head spin. Be assured that this suitcase lives up to its description. For a very large suitcase, it is remarkably nimble on its spinner wheels. My first use of it was packing for a week long trip for my husband and I. There was plenty of room for a daily change of outfit plus 4 pairs of shoes and our toiletries. And the teal color made it stand out from all the black suitcases. I am very happy with my choice.
on January 7, 2014
I spent considerable time reaching luggage in stores and on line before I decided to purchase two of the Samsonite Hyperspace Spinner 30.5 Suitcase.

The Spinner Wheels construction are what stand out head and shoulders above the others. They are made very solid with a strong attachment to the Suitecase. When I compared the other products, this one wins hands down.

And they actually spin just like the advertized claims, with ease and little effort required to keep it moving and change direction, with another suitcase attached with the Travelon Multi-Bag Stacker strap.

All of the zippers are self repairing, and the compartments are just the correct size. The surprise was the two bags that came with the suitcase. One was configured to put on your back, just the correct size to take a few things to the beach and not worry about the sand seeping through the bag. Both bags are water proof, so wet things are not an issue.

Spend the money, and buy this well know name brand. The old saying app​lies to this: "you get what you pay for"!
on April 22, 2014
This suitcase is so big! I used to have a carry on when flying, but now I only use my Samsonite. It holds everything I need and then some. I love the waterproof compartment and the fact that it comes with a little drawstring backpack. Not to mention it also comes with a toiletry bag as well. When I'm waiting to be picked up from the airport I usually like to sit on my Samsonite. Luggage and possibly a chair for some!