Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on June 9, 2013
I am a road warrior travelling both domestically and overseas. I have been looking for a garment bag that handled well. My previous garment bags worked well in terms of space and packing. But they were very cumbersome to handle. I always had issues closing the bag, and wheeling it around. Because of the width of the garment bag, it was difficult to fit through doors and narrow passageways. It also had to be laid out on the floor - and wouldn't fit on a regular luggage rack. The last straw was when the garment bag rolled down the escalator because the weight was on the wheels. As the I tipped the bag to adjust it, the wheels slipped off the escalator step and rolled all the way down.

I read a lot of reviews before finally purchasing the Samsonite Hyperspace Spinner Garment Bag. I just don't know why I waited so long! This bag is fantastic. It has LOTS of space - I have not filled it to capacity yet. 4 hanging suits (with shirts), 2 big plastic packing bags (the ones you can take all the air out of to shrink the size) of folded clothes, 2 pairs of shoes, make-up, toiletries, hair curlers, a bottle of apple cider vinegar and more fit into the bag with space to spare. The bottom compartment is pure genius! I pack all my little things in there - so neat and organized. All the articles I pack in that bag arrive in exactly the same condition as they were packed. Nothing gets "squished" or rolls around in the bag. Packing it takes 5 minutes - small stuff in the bottom compartment (like a drawer), folded clothes in the pack, shoes in the corner pockets, second pair inside the bag with folded, packed clothes. Hang the suits up and fold the bag over. Although the bag can be closed standing up, I still prefer to lay it down so I can tuck the lid in nicely before zipping it up. The great thing is that bag can fit on a conventional luggage rack. Set the wheels bag on the rack wheels down. Tile the bag back and you can now close it without having to lay it down on the ground.

In London and New York, hotel rooms are notoriously SMALL. This bag takes up no space and there is no need to unpack if you don't need to. Very convenient! And the wheels roll like a dream - I can push it with a fingertip on smooth concrete floor. Carpets are a little more difficult - but the bag rolls just as well as any regular 2 wheeled bag when tilted back to roll on the back wheels only.

Because the bag is the BEST bag I ever owned, I had a cover made for it to ensure that the bag doesn't get scratched or dinged when checked at he airport. The cover works like a charm too ... this bag is going to make me happy for a long time :) I would recommend it to anyone that travels. I have 2 weeks worth of clothing packed in that one bag. I love it!!! Worth every penny!
22 comments103 of 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2012
I am 6' 7 tall, my clothes are huge

I could accommodate all my clothes nicely for a 2 week trip with no problem,

I used to have a previous version , much bigger and with 2 wells only.

The 4 wells thing, ohh boy, whatta difference ,

I highly recommend it !
11 comment67 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2012
I really like this bag. They way it folds makes it into wardrobe that keeps your suits and shirts wrinkle free. No need to hang things in the closet which is a big plus for the business traveler. Great functional product.
11 comment27 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2014
I've looked all over for a suit bag that could hold enough for a three day trip without too much difficulty and provide a good layout to hang suits and shirts. The interior of this bag and its layout are really nice. There isn't enough room for clothes that aren't on hangers, but you can make it work with a little ingenuity. I purchased this bag in September of 2013. The bag worked out for 3 months before it lost a wheel. I fly quite a bit, and I understand sometimes the ground crew can terrorize a bag, but this bag had no tears in it. Just the wheel missing. I called Samsonite. Since it is "under warranty", they would credit me $15 to ship the bag to a repair center (all of them are at least 70 miles from me). Of course, the actual cost of shipping the bag for service is around $55. They indicated I would also have to pay for return shipping. So I had them ship me a wheel so I could replace it and avoid all the costs. Of course, they don't make the black wheels anymore, so I could only get one in pink or blue. I took the blue one. I was assured the repair centers were out of the blank wheels as well. So while the bag is under warranty, it is impossible for Samsonite to actually repair the bag with the same colored items anymore, as the bag is, according to Samsonite, obsolete.

I thought I did an OK job with the repair, but the wheel lasted one flight. I think the bag has a major design flaw, but Samsonite doesn't want to discuss that. So, if you want a fairly expensive bag that lasts for 90 days, this is the one for you. I've used Samsonite products for years, but this will be my last.
11 comment25 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2013
I was able to pack four suits, six shirts, a couple casual outfits, and sundries for a week long business trip without any problem. It didn't even exceed the maximum weight for the airline! The spinning wheels work like a charm and made navigating the airport a breeze. This is the first four wheeled luggage that I have owned and I find it vastly superior to any pull behind bag I have used. The only trade off to it is that you must check the bag and can't carry on, but I don't want to live out of a carry on for a week anyway. I highly recommend this bag.
on July 30, 2013
I used this recently to attend a convention. I have about 10 hanging items and 4 pairs of flats. The upper pockets were very useful as well, as I was able to store jewelry and other small items. I packed it tight...but it was still light!
on September 7, 2013
This piece of luggage has lasted my son forever. This is a replacement for it. The price is unbelievable and it arrived in a couple of days. Great job!
on November 19, 2014
My expectations for this bag were high based on user reviews. Unfortunately, my experience with this bag on one travel use has not been as good as the majority of reviewers. My experience was more like the 10/4/14, 1 star reviewer's experience: my suits and dress shirts arrived at destination very wrinkled. I had two spend a long time waving a steam iron in the vicinity of each of my garments to relax the wrinkles out which was not what I wanted to have to do after a long travel day. I just can't see how so many reviewers were able to get so many suits, shirts, and overcoats in this bag with no wrinkles. It is not that my bag was over-stuffed: two suits, three dress shirts, one extra dress slacks, two ties, and two pair of dress shoes (I had a second suitcase just for casual wear, exercise clothes, etc), and I am not a large person - 5'9, slim build. On the positive side, I found the quality of construction very good. The dual spinner wheels were well executed and a very desirable feature; I had no problems with any of the zippers. I had a hard time deciding whether this product deserved a 2 star rating (don't like it) or 3 star (it's ok). Since I already had a very good general-use piece of luggage, I bought this piece specifically for the purpose of transporting dress clothes for important events. I do not know that I can rely on it for this purpose so I therefore gave a two star rating.
on September 24, 2013
This bag is pretty good. I travel for work a lot and need something that carries a good deal of stuff and will keep my uniforms nice and pretty. So far this bag is wearing well and doing a great job - it has 4 trips under its belt and still looks new.
on October 21, 2014
I finally had to toss out the wheeled travel case after 4 continents of hard travel.

If I designed a case that kept everything I liked from the old case and everything I wanted in a new one--this would be it. Plenty of room for a suit or two plus an oversized raincoat. Smooth, strong zippers. four wheels (which is a wonderful improvement) The interior is roomy and well designed (well, the pouches for wet things and dirty clothes are a bit small) and the exterior is a harder case (although, again, it would be nice to have bigger exterior zipper pouches.) I bought a flat toilet bag from somewhere to fit into the exterior pocket.

It's not for a trip around the world and I would toss in a soft duffel bag if you are planning to bring anything back from vacation but for the business person on a two or three day trip--it's perfect.
33 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse