5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bag EVER!!!!
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

Published 9 months ago by Rich Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bag EVER!!!!, June 9, 2013
I am a road warrior travelling both domestically and overseas. I have been looking for a garment bag that handled well. My previous garment bags worked well in terms of space and packing. But they were very cumbersome to handle. I always had issues closing the bag, and wheeling it around. Because of the width of the garment bag, it was difficult to fit through doors and narrow passageways. It also had to be laid out on the floor - and wouldn't fit on a regular luggage rack. The last straw was when the garment bag rolled down the escalator because the weight was on the wheels. As the I tipped the bag to adjust it, the wheels slipped off the escalator step and rolled all the way down.

I read a lot of reviews before finally purchasing the Samsonite Hyperspace Spinner Garment Bag. I just don't know why I waited so long! This bag is fantastic. It has LOTS of space - I have not filled it to capacity yet. 4 hanging suits (with shirts), 2 big plastic packing bags (the ones you can take all the air out of to shrink the size) of folded clothes, 2 pairs of shoes, make-up, toiletries, hair curlers, a bottle of apple cider vinegar and more fit into the bag with space to spare. The bottom compartment is pure genius! I pack all my little things in there - so neat and organized. All the articles I pack in that bag arrive in exactly the same condition as they were packed. Nothing gets "squished" or rolls around in the bag. Packing it takes 5 minutes - small stuff in the bottom compartment (like a drawer), folded clothes in the pack, shoes in the corner pockets, second pair inside the bag with folded, packed clothes. Hang the suits up and fold the bag over. Although the bag can be closed standing up, I still prefer to lay it down so I can tuck the lid in nicely before zipping it up. The great thing is that bag can fit on a conventional luggage rack. Set the wheels bag on the rack wheels down. Tile the bag back and you can now close it without having to lay it down on the ground.

In London and New York, hotel rooms are notoriously SMALL. This bag takes up no space and there is no need to unpack if you don't need to. Very convenient! And the wheels roll like a dream - I can push it with a fingertip on smooth concrete floor. Carpets are a little more difficult - but the bag rolls just as well as any regular 2 wheeled bag when tilted back to roll on the back wheels only.

Because the bag is the BEST bag I ever owned, I had a cover made for it to ensure that the bag doesn't get scratched or dinged when checked at he airport. The cover works like a charm too ... this bag is going to make me happy for a long time :) I would recommend it to anyone that travels. I have 2 weeks worth of clothing packed in that one bag. I love it!!! Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars looks small but holds LOTS of clothes, December 9, 2012
I am 6' 7 tall, my clothes are huge

I could accommodate all my clothes nicely for a 2 week trip with no problem,

I used to have a previous version , much bigger and with 2 wells only.

The 4 wells thing, ohh boy, whatta difference ,

I highly recommend it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel case, October 9, 2012
I really like this bag. They way it folds makes it into wardrobe that keeps your suits and shirts wrinkle free. No need to hang things in the closet which is a big plus for the business traveler. Great functional product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved the Bag, HATE the durability and the non-existent warranty., February 17, 2014
I've looked all over for a suit bag that could hold enough for a three day trip without too much difficulty and provide a good layout to hang suits and shirts. The interior of this bag and its layout are really nice. There isn't enough room for clothes that aren't on hangers, but you can make it work with a little ingenuity. I purchased this bag in September of 2013. The bag worked out for 3 months before it lost a wheel. I fly quite a bit, and I understand sometimes the ground crew can terrorize a bag, but this bag had no tears in it. Just the wheel missing. I called Samsonite. Since it is "under warranty", they would credit me $15 to ship the bag to a repair center (all of them are at least 70 miles from me). Of course, the actual cost of shipping the bag for service is around $55. They indicated I would also have to pay for return shipping. So I had them ship me a wheel so I could replace it and avoid all the costs. Of course, they don't make the black wheels anymore, so I could only get one in pink or blue. I took the blue one. I was assured the repair centers were out of the blank wheels as well. So while the bag is under warranty, it is impossible for Samsonite to actually repair the bag with the same colored items anymore, as the bag is, according to Samsonite, obsolete.

I thought I did an OK job with the repair, but the wheel lasted one flight. I think the bag has a major design flaw, but Samsonite doesn't want to discuss that. So, if you want a fairly expensive bag that lasts for 90 days, this is the one for you. I've used Samsonite products for years, but this will be my last.

4.0 out of 5 stars buy it!, November 2, 2013
I was able to pack four suits, six shirts, a couple casual outfits, and sundries for a week long business trip without any problem. It didn't even exceed the maximum weight for the airline! The spinning wheels work like a charm and made navigating the airport a breeze. This is the first four wheeled luggage that I have owned and I find it vastly superior to any pull behind bag I have used. The only trade off to it is that you must check the bag and can't carry on, but I don't want to live out of a carry on for a week anyway. I highly recommend this bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for the polished, unwrinkled guy!, October 4, 2014
I bought this bag for my husband who travels frequently for work. He has had many different garment bags and has hated every one. He would get to his destination and all his shirts and suits would be wrinkled. Not so with this bag. He reports that it is the best bag he has used. He has plenty of room for 3-5 days of business attire plus his work-out gear. Everything packs nicely and arrives to his distention in pretty much the same place as he packed it. There is a good amount of individual compartments for small things like ties, belts and socks and larger compartments as well for the bigger stuff. He also likes the ease in which it rolls through the airport and on any uneven surfaces. I would highly recommend this garment bag for anyone who wants to arrive to their business meeting looking polished and fresh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of room and still light!, July 30, 2013
I used this recently to attend a convention. I have about 10 hanging items and 4 pairs of flats. The upper pockets were very useful as well, as I was able to store jewelry and other small items. I packed it tight...but it was still light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, September 7, 2013
This piece of luggage has lasted my son forever. This is a replacement for it. The price is unbelievable and it arrived in a couple of days. Great job!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 10, 2013
I ordered this based on all the good reviews but was disappointed to find I didn't agree with them! First, I found the item much bulkier in size than expected. The wheels seem very smooth but I'm not at all confident that they could stand up to repeated travel and rough baggage handling, airport carousels, etc. without damage. Since it is not a carry on sized item, that was a huge concern for me. Also, the zippers on the bag I received were extremely difficult to open and stuck repeatedly at various positions - I was worried to use too much force to pull them open for fear I would break them permanently. The inner compartment seems very spacious and well designed, which is what I was looking for, but the other concerns outweigh that for me. Unfortunately I will be returning this, but many people may find the item right for them, which is why I still gave it 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, September 24, 2013
Whitney Hall (Saint Robert, MO) - See all my reviews
This bag is pretty good. I travel for work a lot and need something that carries a good deal of stuff and will keep my uniforms nice and pretty. So far this bag is wearing well and doing a great job - it has 4 trips under its belt and still looks new.