Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 19, 2013
When I was looking for a carry-on suit case I wanted: a garment bag, a bag that would fit in nearly all overhead bins, and a bag that was light and fully functional. This bag met all of my basic requirements and has proven to be a great asset in my travels. I recently completed a 7 day business trip where I had 6 interviews nearly back-to-back-to-back and this bag helped me get through it. I was comfortably able to pack my:
- Suit
- Undershirts x 4
- Socks and underwear
- Shoe shining tools
- Toiletries

A 7 day cross-country business trip is definitely pushing the limits of this carry-on bag, but my airtight schedule required that I would not have to check a bag and this one made it possible. My bag successfully made it on all but the small regional jets, where I would simply have to check the bag plane-side. My suit and dress shirts would get fairly wrinkled when packing this much stuff in my bag, but a quick steam by hanging them up in the bathroom with a hot shower running made it easy to avoid ironing. The most annoying thing about this bag would have to be the lack of easy access to the toiletries compartment for the stupid TSA security requirements. Other than that, I absolutely love this bag and it has been a workhorse for me in recent months. Would definitely buy again.
11 comment107 of 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2013
My last Samsonite garment bag was purchased in 1980, and just broke, after a lifetime of businees travel. It did not have wheels, so I was happy to replace it. It was the stitching that finally gave way. Fair enough, since I packed that bag with everything from wingtips to wine.. Never, never, never a problem. It was indestructible. So, I insisted on a new Sampsonite. This time with wheels, yeah! Well this thing is not like the old ones. The exterior canvas is ok, and the design acceptable, but every piece of hardware and every zipper is poorly constucted: plastic and fake metal. Nothing is oversized for easy use ; nothing to prevent problems on the run. Even the hook to put the thing on the back of a door will cut your hand it is so thin, and the chain so flimsy, it will surely break. I tried to pack it full, and plastic zippers would not close the thing. I pulled on the zipper, and the metal broke off in my hand, When trying to close it, the zipper folds over the fabric and jams. You see, some accountant somewhere has engineered this to use the smallest, thinnest, cheapest materials possible. Buy this if you want, but plan on pampering it, and plan on it not being around in five years. It did function for my recent trip, and may be about as good as luggage gets these days. So, that is why the 3 stars.
11 comment40 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2013
Took this on two weekend trips where I needed one suit and space to pack a couple of dresses for my girlfriend. We're airline employees and almost never check bags. This worked perfectly as a carry on on United, JetBlue, and Southwest.
on May 12, 2013
This bag surpassed my expectations. Can fit 3 suits/4 shirts/ 6 ties/toiletries and some casual clothes as well. One negative is that you have to carry it in the aisles on a flight - too wide due to the fact the wheels are placed on the wide portion of the bag. Excellent overall
on December 7, 2012
This is the perfect bag for 1-3 day business trips. It fits perfectly into the overhead and it is really light and easy to wheel around the airport. The compartments inside the bag are well thought out and convenient.
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2013
I was (barely) able to fit 2 suits, 4 dress shirts and two pairs of slacks into this piece of luggage - and store it overhead without any problems. Though there is no room for dress shoes, so I had to wear the pair I planned to wear with the suits/ pants.

You should be able to fit toiletries in without much problem, but there isn't a ton of room.

But that's the sacrifice I made to have the choice of NOT checking bags on a business trip.
on February 24, 2013
My husband and I have used this bag multiple times for short trips, and its great for keeping suits and other clothes in good shape, while still rolling and fitting in the overhead bin.
on February 23, 2013
Exactly what I was expecting, a quality made product that will last me for years. Holds about two suits and two days worth of cloth.
on January 23, 2014
I purchased this while looking for a roller bag for a suit and a short business trip. I have since used this bag on a half dozen business trips ranging from one night to two weeks in India. In all of these instances, it's been a great bag that I would recommend. I would be mindful of the price, which seems to fluctuate, and for what I paid (~$120), I would recommend it.

Pros:
+ Spacious inside with great design, including straps to keep garments in place, place for hangers, and some cool and sturdy little zip-up cubbies. I can comfortably pack a suit, extra pair of shoes, couple t-shirts, pair of pants, underwear, a jacket, and toiletries, NO problem. I was able to somewhat sufficiently pack for two weeks in India, which stuffed the bag a bit more.
+ Attractive, sturdy, good handle, decent wheels.

Cons:
- Wheels are not the rotating ones that you can push in any direction; they only roll forward and backward.
- The extra width makes it tough to get through airline aisles, requiring you to pick up and carry.
- The final zipper to close the bag can be finicky if it is stuffed, making you need to sit on it to close it.
- When full, the two outside pockets are really difficult to put anything in, and I typically won't use them.

I would buy again. Recommended.
on December 24, 2012
Researched numerous bags and this one was at the top of the charts. High quality and perfect for 2-4 day business trips.
0Comment15 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse