Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 26, 2011
I had bought a electronic travel scale... which was totally off. When I arrived at the airport... I had a very bad surprise. I decided to look for a manual scale. I bought the samsonite manual scale... and it works perfectly. The weight shown on the samsonite scale is right. No more bad surprises at the airport...!!! I am very happy with my purchase.
on January 12, 2012
This is a very good scale, it easily fits in any luggage pocket.
It has a maximum mark and a holder that locks while you are scaling the luggage.
Another advantage is that it does not use battery, so you will be not out of battery suddenly.
It is also possible to calibrate it if necessary.
on April 8, 2012
A good scale for checking luggage. It is also small enough to pack in luggage for a trip. Locking needle helps when it is hard to hold bag steady.
on November 25, 2012
I bought this putting trust in the Samsonite name. I had an American Tourister 80lbs Luggage Scale with Built-in Tape Measure scale previously to buying this. The American Tourister hook ended up bending when the weight came around 55 lbs, so I decided to go with this which uses a strap. I like the strap because it would be secured to the luggage when you lift it up to weigh it. It advertised that it is portable and compact, it's true if you compare it to the scale they use at the airport. If you are packing enough things where you would want to use a scale to make sure you don't exceed the weight limit, you might not have enough space in your luggage to take it with you. The scale reads up to 80 lbs but my scale didn't last past 60 lbs. The metal triangle that connects the strap to the scale stretched out where the strap would come off. I was able to bend it back and use the scale again, but lifting close to 55 lbs, the triangle stretched out once again. When I went to bend it back for the second time, the metal broke and then I was left with a useless scale during my trip. The whole point of having this scale is to make sure you can weigh your bags during trips to avoid occurring overweight fees, but it's useless if it breaks on you while you are on your trip. Most airlines weight limit is 50 lbs per bag and the scale can read up to 80 lbs, so the metal triangle should be able to support a minimum of 65-70 lbs.

The only reason why I'm giving this a two star is because when it did weigh my bags, it was fairly accurate with it's measurement. It also has a second needle which is red that records the maximum weight the scale reached. This is very handy if you are not able to see the scale when you go to lift it up. Make sure you don't just yank up fast when you lift it because it will read a heavier weight from the force of you pulling it up.

Here's a suggestion to anyone who is reading this that might have purchased this and had one break on them. I'm looking to use parachute cord/paracord/550 cord/p-cord to reconnect the strap to the scale to make it usable again. I'm not planning on flying anytime soon so I'm not in a rush to fix it. I will update my review and let you know how it goes after I fix it.
on May 2, 2012
has all of the features that you need such as being able to read the weight after putting your weighed bag down with its resettable second hand...ergonomic features such as a nice gripping handle and also uses a strap system instead of a hook design that could slide off of the luggage handle and snap back and hurt someone..you can check the accuracy by using filled water bottles where 1L is 1KG
on May 28, 2014
If you look at the picture, you will see the flimsy metal triangle that connects the main part of the scale to the strap that should secure the suitcase. It broke on the first use. This is not the quality I expected from Samsonite. I bought the item assuming it would be good quality then left it in the package until my next trip which was several months later. By that time, it was too late to return the product.
on May 26, 2012
I purchased this after reading both positive and negative reviews about this product. At the first trial, it worked perfectly well when I weigh luggage under 20 Kilogram. However, the triangular shaped connector fell off after weighing 23-25 Kg a couple of times. To conclude, like my title, this is a perfect scale for weighing your luggage with lower than 25 Kg weight.
on December 5, 2013
So convenient, and could pay for itself. We always take this with us when we have checked bags. Our bags get heavier on the return flight (souvenirs) and if you go a pound over your checked baggage cost triples. To play it safe, we stay a few pounds below (aka if the plane allows 50 pounds, we aim for 46-47 in case the scale is off).
on August 1, 2012
I got this because we often travel and pick up "stuff" to bring home. With the airlines being so picky about how much weight you can have this was just the trick. It is quite accurate and takes up little space and weighs very little so it can be placed on your luggage or carry-on. My only complaint, although minor, is it has a dial indicator you can set to your maximum desired weight which is handy but that dial needs more friction. It can easily be accidentally moved to an undesired setting. Perhaps a modification for a push or pull lock for the dial would be a nice modification. I think for what it is it's reasonably priced.
on September 18, 2012
It's often true that you get what you pay for, but this scale wasn't worth even $2, let alone $10. The cheap metal connector between the strap and the scale broke at 60 lbs. after fewer than 10 uses over the course of two days. Don't waste your money on this or even the digital Samsonite scale, since Samsonite uses the same low quality connector, and then you'll have to spend more time and money to get a better one after this one breaks.