5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity Works!
This luggage scale works well and you'll never need to replace batteries (which seemed to be the most common complaint regarding electronic luggage scales)
Published 19 months ago by Vicki T

1.0 out of 5 stars Yup that bad or worse
Published 3 months ago by Monk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity Works!, April 29, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Yup that bad or worse, August 24, 2014
If this was a toy the kids would stop playing with it. Yup that bad or worse.Possibly one of the worst items I have ever purchased. They do not have negative stars or it would get - 5 or maybe - 20. I had another electronic one for 8 years that broke and was +- 1 pound. We needed one for travel and bought this at office depot. Samsonite, good brand should be OK WRONG, VERY WRONG. TERRIBLE PRODUCT. it was not even within 5 pounds. We got to the airport and every bags was 5 to 8 pounds lighter than the scale. Thank the gods in that direction. But flying foreign we had space for for 30 pounds more to take to our other home. If It had been the other way we would have had to buy a suitcase because of a box embargo and pay $150 for it. I called their customer service that is as bad as the scale. I also wrote them. I told them I was in Latin America. Their website lets you type what you want to say and then tells you after your limited on characters and not when you have run out. They sent my email a return label for use in the US. Bad product, bad customer service and at this point I must assume they have gone so far down hill all the stuff even luggage is crap.

1.0 out of 5 stars The one i get is not working, March 27, 2014
I compare mine with my friends, my one is not accurate, always 5kg less that it suppose to be, Sad !!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that accurate, February 7, 2014
Peter Jayasekara (Staten Island, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This thing is always plus or minus a few pounds. I bought two, and they are both the same. Not happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, December 14, 2013
My luggage gets close to the airline weight limit for nearly every vacation trip, and this lightweight scale helps me keep my suitcase under the weight limit.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is not great, but it is good!!!, October 30, 2013
It function well. It is not ultra precise but it makes the work. The error is about more or less half pound, that it is not significant at the moment to take a decisition. I recomend it for its price.

1.0 out of 5 stars I suppose that is better than weighing low, July 7, 2014
We bought this before a recent trip. When it told me that I was slightly over the weight allowance, I started pulling things out not only to get under the allowance, but also that I'd be able to make purchases. A lot of things. Imagine my surprise when I got to the airport and found that it had weighed about 10 pounds high. The same thing happened with my husband's suitcase.

I suppose that is better than weighing low, but being off 20% is not much better than picking up the suitcase and saying, "This feels heavy."

Also it was very hard to read. The print is red on a black backgrounds, so there is little contrast. I am guessing that the target audience for this product is an older crowd and our eyes need to have things easier to read, not harder.

1.0 out of 5 stars No more than 20lbs, June 14, 2014
TL;DR: I bought this luggage scale because I trust Samsonite. This doesn't work at all. If my luggage weights over 20lbs, it get stuck to 20lbs.

First, I was disappointed by the fact that it needed calibration. How am I supposed to calibrate that while on holiday? I have no other scale or anything that could help me with that. As a last resort, I decided that, if the calibration really changes the weight, I would use a bucket of water (so much for ecology: 5 liters of water wasted for calibrating a scale).

Then, I was reassured: the calibration doesn't matter whatsoever, it simply doesn't work. I packed my luggage and I estimated the weight around 40lbs. When I used the luggage scale, it showed 20lbs. I tried to remove stuff in my luggage to see if it was a problem of proportion (maybe it was showing only half of the real weight). It kept showing 20 lbs.

In the end, don't buy this crap. It's a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, May 3, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Manual Luggage Scale (Apparel)
I tested my Samsonite hand scale with calibrated weights when I bought it. At first it remained fairly accurate but soon it started to fluctuate widely each time I weighed the same luggage even if I was careful to reset it to zero each time as the instructions provide. It is worthless and I am going to discard it. Replaced it with an Eat Smart digital luggage scale. It is much easier to use than the Samsonite manual scale. You don't have to recalibrate each time you use it and you don't have to hold the luggage in the air while you try to read the scale, the East Smart retains its reading after you put the luggage down. The Eat Smart scale also tested out to be very accurate using calibrated weights. Well worth the slightly greater cost.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceiving description, April 12, 2014
The product I received was not what was described or shown in the picture. I am very unsatisfied with this purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›