5.0 out of 5 stars good for air travel
I have had other luggage straps over the years. I check the luggage in for the flight, and sometimes I never see the strap again. BUT, this one is superior. Not only does the bright red color stand out and make it easier to see my luggage on the baggage cart, but the locking device on the strap is very secure and won't break open. Would definitely recommend.
Published 24 months ago by Joan P

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!
DO NOT BUY!!!
I'd give this product zero stars if it was possible. I purchased 3 of these Samsonite Luggage Straps (black color).
2 of the 3 straps failed on the first flight! The plastic buckles that adjust the size of the strap cracked / broke.
Published 3 months ago by My Comment

5.0 out of 5 stars good for air travel, November 28, 2012
Joan P (Key West, FL) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful in my travels, January 17, 2012
Very useful in my travels, has good quality, excellence of the brand. Vigorously, already used for 4 months and still is impeccable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Luggage strap, October 1, 2012
It arrived on time. I took it to Korea on my trip subsequently. Works as advertized and made it easy for me to spot my bag when it arrived on the carousel. It is great to help hold the bag together and the TSA had no trouble opening the bag for inspection and then reclosing the bag again. Subsequently bought a similar luggage strap from REI. A bit less expensive and also works eqsually well.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!, August 26, 2014
DO NOT BUY!!!
The product description on Samsonite's website clearly states "Rugged ABS buckle is built to withstand the rigors of baggage handling" leading me to believe that this product would last several years / flights. I was shocked that 2 of the 3 straps failed because of broken buckles after just one flight.
I truly expected the best quality from a product with the Samsonite logo and I am greatly disappointed.
Samsonite's customer service is also very disappointing. I waited several days for a response, and once they responded they asked me to take my "suitcase" to a local retailer for inspection. They clearly didn't even read my email as the item in question is a luggage strap and not a suitcase, and why take it to a local retailer when it was purchased from Amazon?
Conclusion: avoid Samsonite!

5.0 out of 5 stars robust luggage strap, February 7, 2013
The strap is made of some kind of heavy duty fabric. The buckle is made of a dense synthetic and doesn't come open easily with accidental/incidental pressure. I expect it to stand up to the rough treatment of baggage handlers as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Well made strap that's completely useless, September 29, 2013
I just used this on a transnational trip and this thing sucks. The strap and buckle are well made, but the design is awful. First of all, it's nearly impossible to get a tight wrap with it as it doesn't have any way to ratchet it down tight. Because of that, the strap moves all around. I was trying to use this to keep a cooler closed. Every time I collected my luggage, the strap had slipped completely off and the cooler was open. I wouldn't recommend this for any purpose other than trying to identify your luggage and you could just buy a big tag for that. Get something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Strap., July 6, 2013
I used this strap on a large piece of luggage that held an old large clock. I packed the clocked well and wanted to use luggage straps to ensure the luggage wouldn't open. This strap wouldn't fit the length but did fit the width. I liked the reviews and the brand name of Samsonite and it held up great. If you need a super long strap, this one fell short. However, it was a solid and strong strap.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect, March 8, 2014
it is good for me. maybe i will purchase one more unit. the delivery date is as the expectation. thank

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Match to My Samsonite Luggage, February 5, 2014
mykecusa "mykecusa" (Roseville, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately This was the shortest of the three Luggage Straps I bought. It will not work with the largest Samsonite bag, but will fit the two smaller bags. This belt seems the most heavy duty of the three I bought. Although it will not fit my largest Samsonite bag I will have the most confidence in it when I use it on either of the two smaller bags.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, August 6, 2014
I used this for the first time on my trip overseas and by the time I retrieved my bag at my initial destination, the luggage strap was no where to be found. I made sure it was secured as tight as possible around my luggage before I checked it at the airport but it still apparently fell off. I will not waste my money on another.

Samsonite Luggage Strap, Black, One Size