Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Luggage Strap, Black, One Size
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 26, 2014
DO NOT BUY!!!
I'd give this product zero stars if it was possible. I purchased 3 of these Samsonite Luggage Straps (black color).
2 of the 3 straps failed on the first flight! The plastic buckles that adjust the size of the strap cracked / broke.
The product description on Samsonite's website clearly states "Rugged ABS buckle is built to withstand the rigors of baggage handling" leading me to believe that this product would last several years / flights. I was shocked that 2 of the 3 straps failed because of broken buckles after just one flight.
I truly expected the best quality from a product with the Samsonite logo and I am greatly disappointed.
Samsonite's customer service is also very disappointing. I waited several days for a response, and once they responded they asked me to take my "suitcase" to a local retailer for inspection. They clearly didn't even read my email as the item in question is a luggage strap and not a suitcase, and why take it to a local retailer when it was purchased from Amazon?
Conclusion: avoid Samsonite!
on November 28, 2012
I have had other luggage straps over the years. I check the luggage in for the flight, and sometimes I never see the strap again. BUT, this one is superior. Not only does the bright red color stand out and make it easier to see my luggage on the baggage cart, but the locking device on the strap is very secure and won't break open. Would definitely recommend.
on October 1, 2012
It arrived on time. I took it to Korea on my trip subsequently. Works as advertized and made it easy for me to spot my bag when it arrived on the carousel. It is great to help hold the bag together and the TSA had no trouble opening the bag for inspection and then reclosing the bag again. Subsequently bought a similar luggage strap from REI. A bit less expensive and also works eqsually well.
on February 7, 2013
The strap is made of some kind of heavy duty fabric. The buckle is made of a dense synthetic and doesn't come open easily with accidental/incidental pressure. I expect it to stand up to the rough treatment of baggage handlers as well.
on September 29, 2013
I just used this on a transnational trip and this thing sucks. The strap and buckle are well made, but the design is awful. First of all, it's nearly impossible to get a tight wrap with it as it doesn't have any way to ratchet it down tight. Because of that, the strap moves all around. I was trying to use this to keep a cooler closed. Every time I collected my luggage, the strap had slipped completely off and the cooler was open. I wouldn't recommend this for any purpose other than trying to identify your luggage and you could just buy a big tag for that. Get something else.
on July 6, 2013
I used this strap on a large piece of luggage that held an old large clock. I packed the clocked well and wanted to use luggage straps to ensure the luggage wouldn't open. This strap wouldn't fit the length but did fit the width. I liked the reviews and the brand name of Samsonite and it held up great. If you need a super long strap, this one fell short. However, it was a solid and strong strap.
on March 3, 2015
Strap arrived on time and in good condition. It fit my 42" wheeled suitcase fine. It looked nice and was easy to identify on the luggage caravan. All good, but a baggage handler on a cruise ship apparently liked it also and took it. When I claimed my luggage on the pier...it was gone. So, I then purchased a strap with a combination lock from another seller...the lock was defective and wouldn't release and help and support was non-existent..
on February 5, 2014
Unfortunately This was the shortest of the three Luggage Straps I bought. It will not work with the largest Samsonite bag, but will fit the two smaller bags. This belt seems the most heavy duty of the three I bought. Although it will not fit my largest Samsonite bag I will have the most confidence in it when I use it on either of the two smaller bags.
on August 11, 2014
Is a replacement for one lost and have not used yet but looks stronger than the one lost. I had my lost one for over thirty years and it still looked almost new when lost. This one has the bright color so will assist at spotting luggage. great value for the money and great to use since you can't lock luggage anymore
on July 3, 2014
Useful as a basic strap but not as a security one as it can be opened intentionally or by accident. Has no locking device which is a must for international travel. OK for securing luggage for private carriage on holidays.

See 1 answered question