Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Luggage 3 Dial Travel Sentry Combo Lock
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on April 21, 2012
This luggage lock is by Samsonite; the well renowned luggage manufacturer. It is TSA approved meaning that TSA agents can inspect your luggage without destroying your bag and/or the lock. It also has an added feature that let's you know that the lock was opened by a TSA agent. This is a good feature to have which will make you verify that your luggage is still intact. Overall it is a good lock and it is money well spent. The instructions are quite straight forward and the combination lock is easy to personalise. I hope you enjoy the product as much as I have.
on May 8, 2013
have used these before and I find them very good - so do the TSA, apparently, as very often in the course of my international travels, I find them missing after reaching home and seeing an "INSPECTED BY TSA" notice in my bag !!!
on January 2, 2013
Puchased three of these locks, they are very sturdy , easy to set combination , even the outside of the lock is rounded and coated with rubber so when it rubs against the suitcase it will not rub or tear against anything. Will buy again.
on April 5, 2014
After setting the code and testing it several times, I put it on my suitcase the morning of travel. Then, it would not open! Tried for 10 minutes and finally got it open (I was about to get the cutters to it). Abandoned it and used a twist-tie for that journey. On return, I re-locked the lock (not on the suitcase) and, again, it will not open. Complete piece of junk. And the window for return/refund has expired. Amazon should not be selling this junk, and should have a more sensible refund window.
on May 25, 2014
Initially the lock seemed to be of good quality. But, on my first trip with it, after getting to my hotel and emptying my luggage, and locking it up again on the luggage, it never opened again from that time forward. It would not unlock no matter what I tried. The red button on the bottom was out suggesting that the TSA people had opened my luggage when I got to my room. However, it was pushed back in according to directions, but still, the lock would not open. I had to eventually get a heavy wire cutter to cut this useless lock from my luggage.
on August 18, 2013
I like to travel and when I do I like to keep my bags locked. Before I leave home I put this lock on my bag and the TSA has the ability to open the lock and check my bags, if need be. They then put the lock back on. I also like to keep my bags locked while at hotels - this keeps my clothing and items secure from housekeeping and others while I am out sight seeing. I lock is a must when traveling.
on September 9, 2012
The lock works and setting your own combination is easy. Wish the loop part of the lock was thicker though ... looks and feels like that part of the lock can break fairly easily. Really liked the feature where you can tell whether TSA agents had opened your lock or not to check out the contents of your luggage.
on March 6, 2016
Please click YES if my review have been helpful to you, it will encourage me to continue writing and updating my reviews, and leave a comment if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I can be of help :)

FEATURES:
* Zinc alloy
* Imported and made in China
* Constructed of sturdy zinc alloy to withstand of travel
* Indicator ring lets you know a tsa agent has opened your checked baggage for inspection
on March 10, 2016
Garbage. 2 out of 4 failed. One was on my suitcase and I had to cut it off with a hacksaw. Two comments here - 1/ even if you carefully set the codes, there is no guarantee they will open later. 2/ if you have to cut them off, it is dead easy, as they are not made of hardened steel. Don't buy - you will be sorry.
on January 23, 2014
I like this Samsonite locks because the seem to be well recognized by airlines and customs. My old locks were ripped of in one of my trips even though they were supposed to e TSA approved, but this ones have last some time already and I can see the 'red flag' whenever someone opened my lock using the master key. Great choice!