Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 21, 2012
This luggage lock is by Samsonite; the well renowned luggage manufacturer. It is TSA approved meaning that TSA agents can inspect your luggage without destroying your bag and/or the lock. It also has an added feature that let's you know that the lock was opened by a TSA agent. This is a good feature to have which will make you verify that your luggage is still intact. Overall it is a good lock and it is money well spent. The instructions are quite straight forward and the combination lock is easy to personalise. I hope you enjoy the product as much as I have.
11 comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2013
have used these before and I find them very good - so do the TSA, apparently, as very often in the course of my international travels, I find them missing after reaching home and seeing an "INSPECTED BY TSA" notice in my bag !!!
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2013
Puchased three of these locks, they are very sturdy , easy to set combination , even the outside of the lock is rounded and coated with rubber so when it rubs against the suitcase it will not rub or tear against anything. Will buy again.
on April 5, 2014
After setting the code and testing it several times, I put it on my suitcase the morning of travel. Then, it would not open! Tried for 10 minutes and finally got it open (I was about to get the cutters to it). Abandoned it and used a twist-tie for that journey. On return, I re-locked the lock (not on the suitcase) and, again, it will not open. Complete piece of junk. And the window for return/refund has expired. Amazon should not be selling this junk, and should have a more sensible refund window.
on August 18, 2013
I like to travel and when I do I like to keep my bags locked. Before I leave home I put this lock on my bag and the TSA has the ability to open the lock and check my bags, if need be. They then put the lock back on. I also like to keep my bags locked while at hotels - this keeps my clothing and items secure from housekeeping and others while I am out sight seeing. I lock is a must when traveling.
on February 3, 2013
Product is fine and works well - good solid metal construction
Note that the color is closer to Pink rather than the image which seems to be deep red
on January 7, 2013
Works well. Only, it is a little bit hard to understand how to set the password by the first time. You need to push it very down inorder to change the psw.
on May 25, 2014
Initially the lock seemed to be of good quality. But, on my first trip with it, after getting to my hotel and emptying my luggage, and locking it up again on the luggage, it never opened again from that time forward. It would not unlock no matter what I tried. The red button on the bottom was out suggesting that the TSA people had opened my luggage when I got to my room. However, it was pushed back in according to directions, but still, the lock would not open. I had to eventually get a heavy wire cutter to cut this useless lock from my luggage.
on December 14, 2011
For me, luggage locks have provided good service and some sort of peace of mind when traveling. Let's face it, if someone really wants to break into your valuables unless you have a heavy investment in seriously good locks, nothing will stop them. That said, I find these Samsonite combo locks to serve their purpose perfectly well. The combo is very easy to set or change, and having the side window allows you to easily see the numbers you are setting, as well as for opening. An added bonus is what Samsonite calls their "indicator feature." It is a little red color band that pops up to alert you that your luggage (ie the lock) has been opened. True, inspectors are supposed to leave their tag inside your luggage when they open and look but at least twice I have flown and I know someone went through my luggage and there was no such tag left. The indicator leaves no doubt that your lock was opened. Te indicator is also easy to reset. My locks are black. Other colors are available. I would definitely recommend these Samsonite TSA combo locks.
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2014
I had ordered 4 TSA approved locks - 2 each from Samsonite and Master. I got the locks, read the instructions and set the combination to what we wanted. My family was going to India and so we planned to use the locks for the trip.
On THE day of travel, we wanted to open the bags to shuffle stuff and the Samsonite locks refused to open. The combination just didn't work. Now everyone will say that we must have forgotten the code but NO - we had locked and unlocked at least half a dozen times in the last 2 days plus the 2 Master locks with same combination work like a charm.
Moreover, in my hassle to open the lock I pulled a little hard with my hand and the Samsonite locks came undone - the combinations do not work but 1 tight pull and the locks open (not the normal way - now I am unable to lock them). But what use is an $8 lock that opens by pull of a hand?
DON'T EVER BUY THESE SAMSONITE LOCKS - not worth even a PENNY!
And now I can't even return them as I do not have the original packing PLUS the locks are broken - a complete waste of money. Wish Amazon did better on selling quality products.
UPDATE:
I am editing this review just to add the fact that Amazon has amazing customer service. I put my feedback for the order and in a day I was offered replacement locks(in fact an order was created by Amazon with 1 day shipping). However I did not want the same locks as I do not trust them any more - so I was refunded the amount and also offered free 1day shipping on other TSA approved locks that I may want to buy instead. This is great service 5 stars for the service!