Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 21, 2012
This luggage lock is by Samsonite; the well renowned luggage manufacturer. It is TSA approved meaning that TSA agents can inspect your luggage without destroying your bag and/or the lock. It also has an added feature that let's you know that the lock was opened by a TSA agent. This is a good feature to have which will make you verify that your luggage is still intact. Overall it is a good lock and it is money well spent. The instructions are quite straight forward and the combination lock is easy to personalise. I hope you enjoy the product as much as I have.
11 comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2013
Puchased three of these locks, they are very sturdy , easy to set combination , even the outside of the lock is rounded and coated with rubber so when it rubs against the suitcase it will not rub or tear against anything. Will buy again.
on April 5, 2014
After setting the code and testing it several times, I put it on my suitcase the morning of travel. Then, it would not open! Tried for 10 minutes and finally got it open (I was about to get the cutters to it). Abandoned it and used a twist-tie for that journey. On return, I re-locked the lock (not on the suitcase) and, again, it will not open. Complete piece of junk. And the window for return/refund has expired. Amazon should not be selling this junk, and should have a more sensible refund window.
on February 3, 2013
Product is fine and works well - good solid metal construction
Note that the color is closer to Pink rather than the image which seems to be deep red
on April 26, 2015
Bought one, set the combination, did a test lock/unlock twice before putting it on my luggage. It worked fine on both test runs. Locked my luggage and the lock would not open when I arrived at my destination. Next trip, I bought another one figuring I did something wrong. Followed directions carefully, set combination, did five test lock/unlock - worked fine. Locked the luggage, arrived at destination, lock would not open. DO NOT BUY THESE!
on January 23, 2014
I like this Samsonite locks because the seem to be well recognized by airlines and customs. My old locks were ripped of in one of my trips even though they were supposed to e TSA approved, but this ones have last some time already and I can see the 'red flag' whenever someone opened my lock using the master key. Great choice!
on August 5, 2015
I would give no stars if it made a difference. Should have believed the reviews about how faulty this product is. I tested it for two weeks and it was fine. First day of my vacation it's holding my computer hostage. I wish they'd pay me to cut it off.
on December 15, 2014
My wife ordered this lock via Amazon Prime and we got it fast as usual.

Opening the packaging was easy, setting the new combo was easy, and locking and unlocking was easy. If he lock had continued as it did the first few times I used it the lock would be great; however my experience is that it does not keep the combo you set, and some how while scrambling the numbers in the locked position it changed the combo.

I used the lock for the first time this past Friday: I loaded my bag up, locked the bag with the lock, went to my destination, unlocked the lock and went about my business. When I was ready to go home I locked the bag back up and went home, but the time I got home I tried to unlock the lock and it would not unlock using the same combo I set and had been working previously. I messed with the numbers and found the last digit had gone off by one number, so once open I changed the combo back to my original one, locked and unlocked it which worked, then I relocked it again, scrambled, and tried to unlock it again which did not work. This time I couldn't get it to open by playing with the numbers one back and forth, so I had to do a quick run through all numbers till it finally unlocked after 8 minutes of trying. This time it was off by 3 and 4 numbers off on 2 of the spinners, tried again to reset and lock for the last time, and again the middle spinner was off by 2.

I gave up on this Samsonite TSA Luggage 3 Dial Travel Sentry Combination Lock, I spent too much time already trying to get this to work and I'm not going to waste time scrambling through the possible codes when I really need it to open. I know it'd be easier for a thief to gain access to my bag by breaking through the zipper links themselves, it's still a deterrent to some, but shouldn't be a deterrent for the owner.

While messing with the lock I did notice the combo reset itself mostly when I held the U bar down while scrambling, and didn't reset itself when I just pressed it into position and scrambled without holding it, but I didn't want to waste any more time testing this theory because the lock should never reset unless it's in the reset position (180 degree, press down, swing 90 degrees, and reset).

Overall I do not recommend this Samsonite TSA Luggage 3 Dial Travel Sentry Combination Lock to anyone. I purchased an Eagle Creek TSA luggage lock years ago which still works flawlessly on another bag. I wish I had read the reviews on this Samsonite before purchasing, but I figured it's a no brainer, I guess I was wrong :(
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2014
If I could have given this lock 0 stars, I would have. I purchased these locks 2 days ago. When I got home, I read all instructions, changing the combination so both locks would be the same. I locked and tested both locks repeatedly, then put them on my Pelican gun case (5 Stars). Today I went back to place an additional pistol in the case for my move/flight and only one opened. I messed with combinations and finally opened it, as it was 1 number off (strange because I tested it repeatedly...I'm OCD). OK, no problem, I changed the combination back again, repeatedly tested it, placed it back on the case along with the working lock after I tested it again. Then I tried to open them and neither one would open!! What I did was apply very little pressure to the metal "U" latching area and got both locks off. I then stuck a bobby pin in the TSA key area, immediately hearing a pop, turned the plastic barrel on top by the "U" and opened it with 2-5 seconds. What I'm trying to say is you may as well use a twist tie on your luggage instead of these locks. They are cheaper and can at least be used to keep your bread bag and garbage closed too!
DO NOT BUY!!!! THESE LOCKS ARE COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!!
I'm sorry that I do not have an alternative to suggest besides the twist ties. Good luck.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
The paint is weak and after your first flight it will be so ugly!
They should use some better paint that resists to the US air companies.