Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 21, 2012
This luggage lock is by Samsonite; the well renowned luggage manufacturer. It is TSA approved meaning that TSA agents can inspect your luggage without destroying your bag and/or the lock. It also has an added feature that let's you know that the lock was opened by a TSA agent. This is a good feature to have which will make you verify that your luggage is still intact. Overall it is a good lock and it is money well spent. The instructions are quite straight forward and the combination lock is easy to personalise. I hope you enjoy the product as much as I have.
11 comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2013
have used these before and I find them very good - so do the TSA, apparently, as very often in the course of my international travels, I find them missing after reaching home and seeing an "INSPECTED BY TSA" notice in my bag !!!
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2012
The lock works and setting your own combination is easy. Wish the loop part of the lock was thicker though ... looks and feels like that part of the lock can break fairly easily. Really liked the feature where you can tell whether TSA agents had opened your lock or not to check out the contents of your luggage.
on January 2, 2013
Puchased three of these locks, they are very sturdy , easy to set combination , even the outside of the lock is rounded and coated with rubber so when it rubs against the suitcase it will not rub or tear against anything. Will buy again.
on April 5, 2014
After setting the code and testing it several times, I put it on my suitcase the morning of travel. Then, it would not open! Tried for 10 minutes and finally got it open (I was about to get the cutters to it). Abandoned it and used a twist-tie for that journey. On return, I re-locked the lock (not on the suitcase) and, again, it will not open. Complete piece of junk. And the window for return/refund has expired. Amazon should not be selling this junk, and should have a more sensible refund window.
on August 18, 2013
I like to travel and when I do I like to keep my bags locked. Before I leave home I put this lock on my bag and the TSA has the ability to open the lock and check my bags, if need be. They then put the lock back on. I also like to keep my bags locked while at hotels - this keeps my clothing and items secure from housekeeping and others while I am out sight seeing. I lock is a must when traveling.
on February 3, 2013
Product is fine and works well - good solid metal construction
Note that the color is closer to Pink rather than the image which seems to be deep red
on January 7, 2013
Works well. Only, it is a little bit hard to understand how to set the password by the first time. You need to push it very down inorder to change the psw.
on May 25, 2014
Initially the lock seemed to be of good quality. But, on my first trip with it, after getting to my hotel and emptying my luggage, and locking it up again on the luggage, it never opened again from that time forward. It would not unlock no matter what I tried. The red button on the bottom was out suggesting that the TSA people had opened my luggage when I got to my room. However, it was pushed back in according to directions, but still, the lock would not open. I had to eventually get a heavy wire cutter to cut this useless lock from my luggage.
on June 10, 2014
With how difficult it is to actually put in a personal combination I was surprised when I couldn't open my lock. I tried numerous times to open the lock using the combination I had been using the entire trip, when the locks changed the combination. I sat there and tried everything. Finally, I googled how to pick the lock open. Which actually worked. So the fact that it changed by itself, and the fact that it was relatively easy to pick the lock, I would not recommend this lock. Once I picked it I threw it out.