Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 7, 2013
I own this suitcase in black, along with its 28" matching "sister". Bag will arrive in a cardboard box only slightly larger than the suitcase with minimal packaging. While I LOVE the 28" large version of this hardtop suitcase, I'm less enamored of the smaller, carry-on size.
Pros:
1) 360 degree spinner wheels make it very easy to push or pull this bag. You can roll it on 2 wheels (like a traditional wheeled suitcase) or on all 4. When I need to transport 2 suitcases at once, I find it's very convenient to be able to push this bag next to me with little effort.
2) It's a nice looking suitcase set. Black is high-gloss so it stands out from all the matte black bags, but it isn't overly loud. This bag will show some scratches from TSA if you check it, but the high gloss does a nice job of reflecting the scratches so they aren't that noticeable.
3) It's very light-weight. This 20" is obviously pounds less than the soft-sided, nylon bag I had purchased previously (and still own). No problems with lifting this bag into the overhead compartments on planes.
4) This bag does have an expansion zipper so if you need a little more room, you can upzip that and give yourself another inch of depth.

Cons:
1) While the split, side-by-side compartments is a great feature on the largest, 28" version of this suitcase, it's not very convenient for light packing. I'd rather have a small bag that opens to reveal one, deeper compartment so that I can stack up my clothes and easily pack larger or deeper items (boots, gifts, etc.). Other people might not mind the split, side-by-side packing for a small bag, but I think it's a negative in this size.
2) My bag has one wheel that squeaks slightly. Probably needs only a small adjustment, but it's annoying that I have to deal with any such issue on a new bag.
3) There are no external pockets on this. I never use the external pockets on a larger, only-to-be-checked suitcase, but I found on my latest trip that I missed having an exterior pocket on my carry-on bag. Again, others may not find this to be an issue.

On my most recent trip, my boyfriend used this bag. He was able to pack the following with no effort at closing the 20" bag:
- 1 pair men's dress shoes (size U.S. 11)
- 2 polo shirts (size large)
- 1 dress shirt
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of dress khakis
- 3 pairs of socks
- underwear
- hairbrush
- small toiletry kit (about 8" in length)
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2012
My wife and I travelled to the USA to stay with family and ordered 2 of the 28 inch case plus 1 of these 20 inch spinners as carry on for our return journey to the UK. The cases are a quality product and look fantastic in the Blue Slate colour. These cases are lightweight and highly manoeverable thanks to the 360 degree turning wheels. Excellent quality at a very reasonable price for Samsonite.

Ideally I would have bought the super lightweight Comsolite cases from Samsonite but they are 3 times the price for minimal difference. TSA locks are easy to use too. These cases are made of polycarbonate which to the uneducated can appear flimsy - rest assured they are tough and hopefully will last for many years to come.

They are perfect too for a long weekend away and we have used on several occasions since. Buy and you wont regret it!
on July 31, 2013
Pros:
1) Exterior seems very durable
2) Built-in TSA approved lock
3) 360 spinner wheels makes it very easy to transport
4) Well-made suitcase

Cons:
1) Wish there was a handle on the side of the bag for when I need to lift up into the overhead bin space
2) The exterior case creates a bit of static so attracts some lint, dirt, etc.
3) There isn't a good area within the suitcase to hold toiletry like I've had with other bags
4) When open, the bag splits in half so that the two compartments to pack are the same size. It would be great to just have one deep compartment instead
5) No exterior pockets

Most of my cons are just minor things that I would love to have but overall this makes for a great carry-on!

*** Update 1/16/2016 ***
The handle at the top of the case broke. Seeing how I've only had this case for less than 3 years, I'm knocking off one star. Also, this goes back to the first item I listed under the con list. If there was a side handle, I'd probably still be able to use this.
on October 19, 2012
Really nice bag. Perfect for small trips (up to a week). Light and plenty or room. Only downside of this bag is how shiny it was. Looked great day one, scratched up heaps by day 2.
on November 7, 2012
This case surprised me with how much could fit in the bag. This was my first hard shell bag, so my only issue were the scuffs on the bag after my first trip.
on April 10, 2014
Bought this bag from Amazon in the summer. First trip went well. Light, roomy, and easy to get in the overhead. Second trup not so good. Got to Florida OK but on the way home the handle totally disentegrated. I was rolling it off the plane and the handle came apart in the gangway. Once inside the airport I realized this was not going to be fixed so I had to just pull it with one of the bars sticking out of the bag. What a disaster on the second use of the bag!!! Wish I had purchased something else.
on June 27, 2013
Tested the luggage with Delta Airlines carry-on/under seat baggage check at the airport. It fit perfectly! Will use it for valuable items such as cameras, electronics, and medicines for upcoming travel. Actual case weight per my scale: 6.7 lbs.
on June 5, 2013
I used it only once to Australia and inside top zipped cover giving it away at the zipper stitching. Bad quality.
on August 21, 2013
I love these suitcases! They are SUPER lightweight, very generous in size, durable, and they roll, or shall I say GLIDE, with ease!! We've taken the smaller pieces on numerous weekend getaways and all of the pieces from MA to FL two times via plane in the 4 months that we've had them.

We have the silver cases and, like others have said, they do show scuffs and wear a lot, but I think all of the pro's of the cases outweigh this one con. The only kind of suitcase that won't show all of the scuffs and damage of air travel are the ones with cloth on the outside and those tend to be heavier and not as sturdy when it comes to protecting your belongings. I like knowing my things are surrounded by something hard. I also like knowing I am not paying extra or having to leave things out because I have heavy suitcases.

If you don't mind the scuffing and signs of damage, then these are the cases for you. If you expect your suitcase to look new for a long time and you fly at all, do not buy these, at least not in silver, as you will be disappointed. Overall, I LOVE them!
on July 22, 2013
Bought this for my wife to replace her old-style, cloth covered 20". She travels a lot and wears out luggage. She came back from her first trip very pleased with how easy it was to maneuver through lines and in the plane. She also likes the color and style. This 20" suitcase is for carry-on. It suffered no scratches.

We also bought the 24" version, but she didn't need it. I will review that one (checked, not carry-on) after she actually uses it.