5.0 out of 5 stars Well made
Published 13 months ago by Jeffrey L. Mason

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy or well-made
Bought for my wife; much smaller than expected, and more importantly, much more fragile / less sturdy than expected. I was hoping for a stronger product that wouldn't turn in the wind and be easy to hold but did not find it here. Compact size is nice, but I think that people have made better products at a similar size. Perhaps the cheap price should have given me...
Published 2 months ago by ap

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, August 21, 2013
My wife and I travel a lot, and she is brutal on umbrellas. I've bought travel umbrellas before, but they are either too big and heavy, they aren't well designed, or they don't last long. This Samsonite model is well made, is well designed to fold down easily, and lasts long. Other umbrellas can be as light weight, but they often aren't designed well to fold down and you're left with a partially folded umbrella in your travel bag. This one can be folded away easily. Overall, one of the best travel umbrellas at the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Purse Umbrella, October 22, 2013
themonkeysBST (BRADENTON, FL, US) - See all my reviews
If like me, you never have an umbrella when you need one, this is an awesome light weight item that is TINY, about the size of a longer wallet. So I just move this with my wallet into whatever bag I'm currently using. It really only just about covers you though so it's probably not for gusty rain but it definitely at least takes away that "uh-o I left the house while it was sunny and now I'm walking to the bus stop and it's about to pour". For what it is, it's also pretty sturdy. Note that this is a MANUAL open and close, so if you'd prefer the one button feature, you may need to go slightly heavier. Otherwise watch your fingers when you close it so you don't pinch the skin- ouch.

5.0 out of 5 stars lightweight easy to carry along at all times, September 2, 2013
I live where it rains or snows most of the time and I use this handy umbrella all the time. since it is light weight it will get damaged in high winds or mistreatment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Compact!, August 15, 2013
This umbrella is compact and fits nicely in a backpack. I had it for more than a month. So far, it is working well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, October 21, 2013
This umbrella was perfect for my European trip. It fit nicely into my purse and was sturdy, but light weight!

4.0 out of 5 stars So nice and light!, July 18, 2013
KjG (Shoreline, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This is good to carry because it doesn't make your purse weigh a ton. This makes a really good parasol when it's hot and sunny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, but it is very good., January 20, 2014
I did not expect it to be so small, and have no handle, but it is high quality. I take it to work in my bag, and it has performed flawlessly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight, Just about enough size, April 18, 2014
Good Quality. Very Light Weight. Can carry in one of the small slots in the bag. Size is just about enough. Should trade handling for compact size. Highly recommended if you are buying it to have one just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars used twice. No complaint., March 18, 2014
It is very small. But it is well-made and solid. It opens/closes nicely without any problem. Given the price, it is a good deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is really nice for compact, February 2, 2014
This is neat. Its a small umbrella but it works and when collapsed its flat. You can actually put it in your pocket. It's cool if if live somewhere like I do (Miami) where it can rain any day any time. This one means that you always have an umbrella with you. It's also made well.

Samsonite Manual Flat Compact