5.0 out of 5 stars The best luggage ever, July 10, 2011
This review is from: Samsonite Silhouette 12 22" Hardside Spinner Luggage (Apparel)
My daughter has traveled extensively for several years and last month I gifted her with this luggage. She said it is the best she has ever owned "hands down." On her first trip taking it, she actually called me from the cabin of the plane just before take off just to rave about it and thank me again.

The size makes it a carry on and the spinner wheels enables ease in handling. With the hard sides I kiddingly told her on her next trip from Hawaii to the mainland she can bring the great Maui Kitchen Cooked Potato Chips and they won't get crushed! I said it kiddingly, but there is a kernel of truth there.

So great that I have just ordered another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick looking and rugged luggage, May 27, 2012
T. Butler "mathman" (Fort Collins, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This is my favorite piece of luggage. It has a very slick look to it with a kind of knobby texture to the polycarb exterior that prevents a lot of cosmetic damage if you do happen to check it. It is compact, so you probably would elect to just carry this luggage onto the plane, but I checked it on a recent trip back from the Middle East and only the faintest scratch to the exterior is noticeable if you know exactly where to look. It basically still looks flawless. I can easily pack for a 5 day trip with just this piece of luggage. The inside is split into two compartments of roughly equal size in the front and back, and the luggage zips up in the middle. To keep everything in place, each compartment can be zipped shut with a mesh covering for one compartment and a split dual compartment covering with pockets for toiletries (one compartment is plastic to prevent liquids from spilling and the other compartment is mesh). I easily fit 3 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, accessories like a belt, socks, underwear, etc. along with all my toiletries in this luggage. The four wheel design works great, and the handle can be set at a couple of levels for comfort. I purchased this about 6-7 weeks ago and have already taken it on four trips including a trans-Atlantic flight and I expect this will be a staple in my travels for the next 10 years as it seems so well built. I have already had people come up to me and ask me where they can get something like this because it is so stylish and functional. You will not be disappointed with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars better than the last but not everything is great, February 25, 2012
W. Smith "MoBoarder" (Between here and there.) - See all my reviews
loved my previous silhouette until Delta crushed it. they cut me a check for a new case and I bought this one. I hate the zipper and lock, the previous model felt more secure and with a simple close and flip locks it was the best. I;m getting used to this model, which is lighter and slightly shorter for the overhead storage units.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!, November 17, 2012
Janice Fried (Williamsville, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Having been an airline employee for the last 30 years in many various positions, including flight attendant, as well as a world traveler. I own several pieces of carry on luggage. When shopping for one with more interior space, I saw this at the Samsonite site, among other bags I saw at EBags. I ordered one from EBags, got it, but when I actually measured the interior of the bag, I found the (over) stated capacity to be much less than I had hoped and even found it smaller than a bag I had, so I returned it within 30 minutes of my recieveing it.

When I received this bag, I measured this one, as well, and was a little sceptical about the interior capacity. I happened to have been packed for my next trip in the bag I owned which was packed to the gills! I took what was packed and transferred it to the Samsonite bag which, lo and behold, had room to spare! Coupled with the TSA-friendly locks I was extremely satisfied. I am looking forward to seeing how it holds up to checking, which I rarely do, but I am traveling with a bottle of wine and 2 wrapped packages, so didn't want to get held up at security with the "rented" gestpapo there! If the exterior holds up as strongly as I would hope a Samonsite bag should, I am looking forward to using this as my carry-on for my future trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for traveling, November 27, 2012
I was amazed how such a small seeming bag could hold so much...impressed with the wheels that made travel a breeze...even packed I was able to carry it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 29, 2014
Great item

5.0 out of 5 stars luggage, July 1, 2013
its great we travel a lot and its so easy to handle i also bought one for my granddaughter she also likes it

5.0 out of 5 stars bag, February 23, 2013
I am very happy with this purchase, very beautiful and versatile bag. Wheels turn flick of the wrist 360 degrees. The color is gorgeous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, February 18, 2013
It came on time, and it was really great experience to use this luggage.It is easy, and very transportable. I recomneded to everyone to use this luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful but large carry on, February 13, 2013
I spent a great deal of time looking for a high quality carry on, this hits the spot. The outside of the luggage is tough and very high quality and durable, the arrangement on this inside makes it easy to separate items and pack efficiently. This item is large for a carry-on, pretty much as large as you can get and still store it in an overhead (just barely). In retrospect I may have gotten a smaller version of this same piece of luggage, however, i do not regret this purchase.