Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Silhouette 12 29" Spinner Luggage Red
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 10, 2013
Seems very sturdy and well designed but most airlines have a 62" limit (height + length + width) on checked baggage. Specs from Samsonite show it being 21" x 29.5" x 11.5" (exactly 62") but that is not true. A friend of mine went on a trip with this luggage and was told at check-in that she was over the 62" limit. When she told me, I measured the luggage myself and found that it is over the 62" limit by a few inches. So if you plan on buying this luggage, you'll be paying extra baggage fees which probably will run you about $100 round trip. Not worth it for me. This is being returned. I am giving this 1 star because of the misinformation.
on April 4, 2012
We needed a large suitcase for extended trips and this Samsonite Silhouette turned out to be the perfect piece of luggage. The four wheels are sturdy and made it very easy to walk next to or in front of this case through airports, through subways, and around hotels.

It's the little things though that made this suitcase a joy to use. For example, the top handle is sturdy without sticking out too far on the top and the side handle is even more flush with the case. There's even a bottom handle between the wheels so you can move the case easily in and out of a trunk. All the corners are rounded to avoid excessive wear that normally happens to those areas of a suitcase.

The interior straps and pockets are also great. I don't have a bad thing to say about this suitcase. Highly recommended if you need large luggage.
on December 16, 2012
The reason I choose this rating was I had just gotten this bag and used it for a trip in Europe. I went to Germany, Amsterdam, Belgium, and France - with all the hauling around I had to do through train stations, hotels, annd local towns metros - this luggage didn't slow me down. The four wheels on this baby was outstanding - so smooth and well balance while moving to place to place. Of course inside this luggage is very roomy. The interior was well made. Plus being water, dirt, and oil resistant - never got marked up on the outside. Compared to my old suitcase which had wheels but used a leather latch to pull wasn't even close
in comparison to this luggage. This luggage has met my expectations for all the quality performance I need when I travel. Truly my advice to anyone who needs a LARGE luggage that has great quality and durable to handle those crazy runs around at hotels and train stations - I strongly recommend this luggage. Its a big help for those of us who are getting old - this luggage just makes it so simple for you to travel.
on April 3, 2013
The overall dimensions (including wheels and handles) is approximately 32" X 15" X 21". This is a total of 68" airlines like United charge for oversize luggage for anything over 62" (including wheels and handles). Nice luggage and well made but it will cost you extra to use on flights. I guess the 29" in description is about right for the height of the luggage without wheels.
on December 8, 2012
Very large - good luck filling and keeping under 50lbs. We bought for a long trip to S. America and (thankfully) the weight limit is 70lbs. No stranger to the Samsonite spinner line (have 3 others) and they are quality and seem to hold up no matter where we head. You can't go wrong with this bag if you are looking for a very large bag. The four wheels, which are butter smooth make a big difference when schlepping through the airport or train/subway stations. Love this series of bags - about to take this particular bag to S. America for 3 weeks. Have a feeling it will be the most consistant part of the trip. :)
on March 17, 2013
This seems to be a well made bag. I've used the smaller carry-on of the same style and love it, but please be aware of the following. I fly southwest airlines very often. Based on the advertised size, the measurements would meet the size limits, but the airlines include the wheels in the measurement of the bags- Samsonite does not!!!! So it will be considered an oversized bag. You may be charged more for your checking a bag, or if you're flying Southwest you will not get to check the back for free, so you'll be adding $50-$75+ on each leg of every flight where this bag travels with you.
VINE VOICEon January 3, 2013
I retired my 10 year old Samsonite 28" roller in favor of this one. The old one stood up to 100's of thousands of miles of abuse and still worked, but was no longer an easy roller, and the handle was difficult to extend.

This bag is huge. Coupled with another Samsonite 29" bag I have, we can pack a family of 5 into 2 suitcases for a week long trip to the beach. Now we have the added advantage of this "Spinner", which is so easy to move that my 6 year old can roll it around with 40 lbs in it, no problem.

The fit and finish of the bag seems very good, and it looks very durable. The box it came in had been annihilated by the brown shipping company, but the suitcase was in perfect condition inside. I agree that for domestic airline travel you will not be able to fill this before you hit the weight restriction. Internationally you'll be fine. We always weigh ours before we leave the house for the airport to make sure it complies with whatever the limit is. We put heavy stuff in free carry on bags to cut down on the weight.

Anyway, great bag for a great price. Samsonite has earned my loyalty because every bag of theirs I have ever owned has lasted in excess of 10 years, and is still working when I get rid of it.
on February 20, 2013
If you are looking for an extra large suitcase that will hold everything you need for a 15 day cruise and still meet the airline's baggage limit, then this suitcase is for you. It even fit under the bed in our stateroom after we unpacked. Very pleased.
on January 16, 2013
I purchased a different model with smaller wheels (Samsonite Lift Spinner 29), and it was the worst decision ever. That bag was virtually unuseable as the wheels got caught in elevator cracks, sidewalk cracks and anything that was not perfectly smooth. I had to nearly drag it everywhere -- the wheels were useless. So I bought this version and gave the other away and I am SO HAPPY. This is perfect, it is huge and glides through not only airports but across normal streets, sidewalks, and over small bumps.
on January 30, 2014
I bought this for a 3 week trip that spanned 4 different states and every weather situation possible. I needed to pack stuff for sports, beach, hiking, and camping in Hawaii, rain in Portland, skiing in Colorado, and spring/fall like weather in San Francisco. It definitely fit the bill... There is so much space, I had no problems fitting what I needed, just had to work to make sure I didn't go overweight for the flight... I wound up checking my tent separately on my Southwest flight because it was easier/free, and I had managed to still be a few pounds overweight after checking on my scale at home--taking that out was the easiest solution. I did NOT get charged for oversized luggage on any of the 4 airlines I flew-- United, Alaska, Delta, Southwest.

If you're looking for a nice mid-sized bag, this is not the one for you. It is absolutely huge. But it served my purposes and was a great price. The spinner wheels are fantastic, there are zipper compartments in the front, its very sturdy, and easy to use. I got a great price too.