4.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Carry On Bag Size
This appears to be the same SET sold at Costco. I'm not a big fan of spinners, as the wheels seem to be very vulnerable, but time will tell. I have not been on trip with them 'yet'. I use a Tumi for my business travel carry on size.

Published 4 months ago by Phast Phil

1.0 out of 5 stars Photos do not match what I actually received.
I purchased this set of luggage based on their claim that its super light weight and because I had an opportunity to check it out at a local store.

What I received is not super light weight and is not the same item shown in the photos.

Disappointed.

Update: I contacted the seller, and they offered me 10% cash back as a compensation, given...
Published 12 months ago by Seif Maher

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Carry On Bag Size, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite 2-pc Spinner Luggage Set 27" Check-in & 21" Carry-on Super Light Weight 4 Wheel Suitcase -Black

The advertised size for the small 'carry-on' is MISLEADING: they say 21", but that is the INSIDE size, not the outside size. The actually size is: Overall Dimensions: 22.75" H x 15"L x 8"W. Delta list their max carry on as: 22" x 14" x 9". Most of the 'professional' bags I've bought conform to the Delta size, and never had a problem cramming it into 'most' overheads. But with the enforcement of carry on sizes - Let the Buyer Beware! I still think the 21" size stated is misleading - NO Airlines checks the INSIDE of your bag.

I'll be back after a few trips and report how these hold up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice set, but a little too big, February 1, 2014
This set is all I need for air travel. The smaller one is perfect for a carry-on and the larger one is VERY roomy and will be more than suitable for my upcoming 14 day trip overseas. The wheels appear to work very smoothly, although all I've done with them so far is roll them around the house. Time will tell, but this set looks like it will last a while. I have never owned a nice set of luggage like Samsonite so I don't know if they are what you would expect from the brand, but I am happy with them so far, especially for the price.
****Update**** Took this set to Ireland in May 2014. Traveled Jet Blue and Aer Lingus. Jet Blue's check-in attendant said the Check-in bag was restricted, but would not tell me why. I also had to pay an over-weight charge to both airlines as the bag is so big just packing it with clothes made it significantly over the weight limit. Also the carry-on bag is JUST BARELY within (actually bigger than Aer-Lingus's)size guidelines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain., May 18, 2014
Exactly as described. One 21" carry-on Samsonite. One piece of 27" check-in Samsonite. Quality material. Lined on the inside with various pockets. The wheels and handles are sturdy and work as expected. I've taken one trip across the country with multiple connecting flights, and everything is as good as new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good luggage, July 3, 2013
Good quality and very light. It is easy to carry and maneouver. The handle is strong and the wheels have good quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Dad was happy, June 18, 2014
This was a gift for Father's Day and Dad was very happy with his gift. Lightweight and easy to handle.

4.0 out of 5 stars good price, good product, May 9, 2014
Great product, wheels work great!

Size of carry is enough for a 3 day trip.

Big luggage has a lot of space

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., October 17, 2013
I think the carry-on seems a little big, but I'm sure they sized it appropriately. I don't usually travel with it because the 27" always fits my stuff with room to spare. Roll nice, much better than my ancient POS's that these replaced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meh, October 27, 2014
I like it despite the fact that the 21" bag is not 21" I saw this review before but took the gamble. However, you are alotted a TOTAL of 45" (L+W+H) so this should be ok. Luckily I am in a position that I can pay for the hundo if they insist I check the bag. The quality, as for now seems now. I will update later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and rolls easily, September 8, 2014
Very sturdy and rolls easily. Note that the 27" size will be overweight for airlines if fully packed. We added a feather pillow on top to fill up the extra space without going over 50 lbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., August 15, 2014
This luggage set was a dream come true. At first I was skeptical, but it came just as described in the product description and is holding up well for my current travels. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›