Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on July 6, 2014
This appears to be the same SET sold at Costco. I'm not a big fan of spinners, as the wheels seem to be very vulnerable, but time will tell. I have not been on trip with them 'yet'. I use a Tumi for my business travel carry on size.

The advertised size for the small 'carry-on' is MISLEADING: they say 21", but that is the INSIDE size, not the outside size. The actually size is: Overall Dimensions: 22.75" H x 15"L x 8"W. Delta list their max carry on as: 22" x 14" x 9". Most of the 'professional' bags I've bought conform to the Delta size, and never had a problem cramming it into 'most' overheads. But with the enforcement of carry on sizes - Let the Buyer Beware! I still think the 21" size stated is misleading - NO Airlines checks the INSIDE of your bag.

I'll be back after a few trips and report how these hold up.
22 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2014
This set is all I need for air travel. The smaller one is perfect for a carry-on and the larger one is VERY roomy and will be more than suitable for my upcoming 14 day trip overseas. The wheels appear to work very smoothly, although all I've done with them so far is roll them around the house. Time will tell, but this set looks like it will last a while. I have never owned a nice set of luggage like Samsonite so I don't know if they are what you would expect from the brand, but I am happy with them so far, especially for the price.
****Update**** Took this set to Ireland in May 2014. Traveled Jet Blue and Aer Lingus. Jet Blue's check-in attendant said the Check-in bag was restricted, but would not tell me why. I also had to pay an over-weight charge to both airlines as the bag is so big just packing it with clothes made it significantly over the weight limit. Also the carry-on bag is JUST BARELY within (actually bigger than Aer-Lingus's)size guidelines.
on May 18, 2014
Exactly as described. One 21" carry-on Samsonite. One piece of 27" check-in Samsonite. Quality material. Lined on the inside with various pockets. The wheels and handles are sturdy and work as expected. I've taken one trip across the country with multiple connecting flights, and everything is as good as new.
on April 10, 2015
Taken to multiple countries with multiple airlines (even commuter). Was able to use the larger one checked in and the smaller as carry-on. Some airlines required me to check the small bag for free later on.
on July 3, 2013
Good quality and very light. It is easy to carry and maneouver. The handle is strong and the wheels have good quality
on October 27, 2014
I like it despite the fact that the 21" bag is not 21" I saw this review before but took the gamble. However, you are alotted a TOTAL of 45" (L+W+H) so this should be ok. Luckily I am in a position that I can pay for the hundo if they insist I check the bag. The quality, as for now seems now. I will update later.
on October 17, 2013
I think the carry-on seems a little big, but I'm sure they sized it appropriately. I don't usually travel with it because the 27" always fits my stuff with room to spare. Roll nice, much better than my ancient POS's that these replaced.
on August 15, 2014
This luggage set was a dream come true. At first I was skeptical, but it came just as described in the product description and is holding up well for my current travels. Highly recommended.
on August 22, 2014
Pieces came on time and as expected. I have used them twice already and they have exceeded my expectations I would recommend them to anyone!!!
on March 19, 2016
Pretty good quality. Expected interior to be a bit sturdier (i.e. Some sturdier shielding between the outer wall and interior). Also doesn't provide for any locks. All zippers are regular with no way to add some kind of lock. 2 things I kind of expected from luggage with the Sameonite name