Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Tote-A-Ton Duffel Bag, 32.5" x 17" x 11.5"
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 2, 2012
I ordered three of these to take donated clothes to Africa on the airlines. My criteria were that the bag had to be as big as possible but still meet airline specifications, it had to be very lightweight itself, it had to be well made and strong, the handles had to work without worrying that they would rip off. This bag met these criteria perfectly for me. It did not have to protect the items inside from breaking and it did not need to have wheels (it does not meet these requirements), because carrying the most I could under the weight limit was what was important to me. I chose purple on a whim. If you get the purple, you will not have any trouble seeing your bags when you pick them up!
on November 19, 2012
I ordered 3 of these and after I saw the quality I ordered 2 more. The colors are bold and the zipper is strong. The bags easily hold 50 pounds of clothing. I have highly recommended these to my friends.
on February 19, 2013
Just a large nylon duffle bag with no structural elements to maintain shape (no frame or rigid stays). Holds a lot, but not recommended for any fragile or breakable items. Collapses if not totally packed full. Not easy to carry if it is not full. Very heavy when full.
on July 21, 2011
I am quite impressed by the bag. It's very light and it takes up no space when it's folded. Nonetheless, it holds so much, as much as a huge suitcase. The bag material is flexible, so it allows for more things to go in I think. It's amazing how much fits in it. And I love that even with the thing full I can manage to move it (though it's of course heavy). It's so much better than a suitcase if all you're doing is moving, whether to a different house nearby or abroad. I bought the bag since I was completely moving to Japan after I finished school. I bought 2 of these bags instead of suitcases because suitcases tend to be heavy even without anything in, and they take up tons of space. I somehow managed to fit all my stuff in 2 of these bags and a big carry-on bag, so I did not have to ship anything or pay extra. I also used it the other day when I went on a road trip. It's so much more useful than card boxes. I highly recommend this!!
on March 4, 2016
We have used these for several international trips and they are holding up well. I did have to sew a handle back on which was starting to come loose (started pulling away at the top end). However, the bag material and zipper are champion! I just purchased another one after 5 years.
on November 13, 2012
I have two of these tote-a-ton bags, they're my standard bags for international travel now. Got tired of spending a fortune on suitcases that would get destroyed after a trip or two. When full these bags are very heavy, but if you can heft them around you can't go wrong.
on January 8, 2015
Great bag. I bought this bag to send overseas for a friend's return trip to the US. I was able to fold this bag down small enough to fit in a gallon size ziploc bag. Once I squeezed the air out, it was very compact. It's a tough bag, but the nice part about the price is that even if it had survived only one international flight, it would have been worth it.
on November 7, 2013
This was bought and used to transport a heavy Bogen tripod as well as a telescope mount and binocular mount. Oh a yeah, and clothes for the week, shoes, toiletries and miscellaneous items. The bag looks new after being checked onto a flight from PA to AZ one way, and then from AZ to Chicago then back to Philly. No rips, no tears, now damage.
I really needed the length that this bag provided in order to take my tripod which is just around 33 inches fully collapsed. I was unable to find many other bags with this length as a true interior length. Yes there are plenty with overall lengths of 33 plus inches but that usually is an exterior length with storage areas on either end making the interior length much shorter.

I am highlighting the following: again... No tears, no damage after three flights with some heavy duty stuff inside. I read other reviews where the bag was reported to not do well in flights... not this one! (I did use my head and put bubble wrap around the tripod) Great interior length and overall volume, NICE looks... I did not need to wonder if I had the correct bag at baggage claims..

Overall I LOVE this economic, unique tough and high volume bag! Thank you Samsonite and Amazon. I really was able to tote a ton to AZ!
on August 14, 2011
We bought a few of these for moving a child to college out of state. Stuffed with clothes and shoes is about 45 pounds or so. The bag is a bout a pound so it carries a lot and accommodates the airlines' 50 pound weight limit and measurement standard. It looks good but was a little hard to pack because it is one huge bag with a zipper that goes from ground on one side to ground on the other side. But is ideal for larger items. Nicer looking than other bags. Good price at $30.
on October 29, 2014
These totes are amazing. I now have 2, the first one I bought for a trip overseas, I was nervous because it's quite thing and the zips are not stiff. But I used a ziptie and all my stuff made it there and back. And on the way back I packed all my clothes around a bicycle frame. It's a big bag, and pretty awesome. I bought this bag because I needed another bag while I was on vacation, this can hold quite a lot. It has no form so it's best to just have soft stuff in it, but it's awesome. We tried to put my daughters car seat in it when we were traveling by plane but the seat was just too big.