5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome bag to travel
Published on March 29, 2011 by Oslek

3.0 out of 5 stars Holds a lot, stores in a little space
Published on May 28, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome bag to travel, March 29, 2011
I purchased the first of these bags at a Samsonite outlet store. I travel overseas, and I was very hesitant that this bag could make it with 50 lbs inside it. I purchased it because the lady at the counter told me that the Samsonite warranty was for 3 years and they would cover it (unless it was accidental damage like it got punctured with a sharp object, etc). So, I decided to try it. And to my surprise, these bags can carry a ton (and not all has to be soft items like clothing) and are very durable.
On 1/16/12 - I have taken my bags twice to Panama and twice to Mexico full with all 50 lbs that I am allowed, and they are still in good shape! Great, great bags (if you have enough to fill them with)

5.0 out of 5 stars Used For International Flying, October 31, 2011
I bought this because it was the legal size for a check in bag on international airlines. This has lasted fine across the Atlantic and to Australia. No scuffs or rips and the zipper has held fine after all those trips (14+). It was even opened and closed by TSA security several times with no issues (though I do recommend tying the zippers together so they don't open during flight. Each and every time I had it packed to exactly 50 LBS (21k) - the weight limit on most international airlines. So it performed beautifully while fully loaded with heavy items. I typically load it with clothes, shoes, toys.

The amazing thing for me is that this soft sided luggage has outlasted 4 standard rigid side luggages. Since it is extremely lightweight, I can put it into a roller luggage for easy transportation and fill it up on the way back. It doesn't have rollers, so you'll want to rent a cart at airports. But it has not broken yet - despite being dragged, poked, crushed, even has a burn mark.

Note that it isn't impervious - I make sure to avoid pointy or sharp objects in my luggage such as an umbrella. But truly, I am amaed after all these years of owning this to still be using my original purchase on flights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protection for 65 L backpack, May 21, 2012
Bought to protect my $100+ backpack as a check-in baggage in airports, planes, tranes, buses, etc.
Absolutely perfect! It is so rare today to see such an inexpensive, simple and optimal user friendly design & construction for transportation and outdoor purposes. When bag is fully unzipped to the bottom it lays flat on the floor, no need to push things into, just put a backpack on and other stuff and zip from both sides - done. See my step-by-step images for the purple bag (my camera showed it blue).
When empty compacts to a book size (see my posted photo with DVD, book and phone for comparison) and weighs a pound or little more. Insert it in your backpack and hike to backcountry. 5-star product and hats off to the designers!

4.0 out of 5 stars It totes a ton - but I wish it were easier to carry, February 12, 2013
The bag does exactly what its name implies: you can really really really stuff the thing and still find you have space left. I've brought it on a transatlantic flight and on several weekend trips and it doesn't look any worse for the wear. So for cubic inches per dollar, this is a really hard bag to beat.

My one peeve: why didn't they make the thing easier to (forgive me) tote? When the bag is full or nearly full, it's bound to be heavy and the handles are really only suited for one-hand carrying - not so great. When the bag is half-full or nearly empty, one or both ends of the bag will sag when it's picked up by the handles.

If they'd put a shoulder strap on it, or even just rings at the end to attach a shoulder strap to, I would give this bag 5 stars in a heartbeat. As it is, it's still a great bag for the price, and I would certainly buy it again if I needed to take a truckload of stuff in a single piece of luggage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for excess baggage, November 6, 2011
Michael K (Auckland, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Was in a hotel room full of gifts contemplating how I would get home with well more than what would fit in my luggage. In addition to this whatever I did, I was going to be well over the limit so would have to pay, as such needed to minimise weight where possible.

Then I saw this bag and this was the answer. Basically its a samsonite large canvas/plasticky duffle bag , it weights practically nothing - unzips end to end so almost totally and fits an enormous amount of stuff while weighing nothing. I was a little worried that the bag might not be strong enough based on some other comments I found but having recieved it , it was much more sturdy material than I thought it would be and after a couple of 12000km flights - not a mark on it . As it has no rigidity at all, you wouldn't want to put any items that are crushable or might be damaged, but in my case, put all my clothes in that and all the gifts in my solid sided case (which weighs 9kg empty!). Problem solved.

Only thing of note is the handles dont have any way to tie them together, this is no problem to fix and lots of ways to do it , but you you will need to do it , having them flap around wouldn't be good.

Very good, will use again for sure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Holds a lot, stores in a little space, May 28, 2012
This bag we stuffed full for a trip and other than what appears to be a little unraveling near a seam it stored a lot of clothes and souveniers. We couldn't make it heavier than 45lbs so it is good with the airlines. I don't recommend putting anything into it that might be sharp or could break. It has no wheels so you will need muscles or a good cart to carry it with. Its flexible and stores in a little space and very lightweight. Color is good and makes it easy to spot. We bought both a red one and a purple one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bag didn't work for me!, March 9, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Tote-a-ton 33 Inch Duffle Luggage
The bag ripped at the seams while packing. I had only pack clothing for an overseas trip. I had to rush out and buy different bags. Canvas bags seem a better choice. They are light weight but a more durable bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Brittle, October 22, 2013
This bag gets unbalanced after you have put clothes in it, not too mention it ripped completely on one side when i lifted it after filling it up with clothes. It is not worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, January 4, 2014
I purchased this duffle bag because it meets most airline size requirements for checked bags, but unfortunately the seams tore during the first use. I expected better quality from Samsonite so this was really disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for light things only, February 1, 2014
There is no shoulder strap to carry moderately heavy things. Unable to use it as a light weight luggage; only works to carry bulky but light things

Samsonite 33" Tote-A-Ton 3 Piece Duffel Set