Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Windguard Auto Open Umbrella
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 27, 2013
I had the exact umbrella for ten years. I finally wore it out using and abusing it all winter for those ten years and letting it kick around the car floor all summer. So I got another one and love it. I love the wind guard feature. It appears to be the exact same umbrella I bought all that time ago. Definitely not a cheap one, but my wife has gone through several umbrellas in the same time and not used hers nearly as much as I have used this little baby.
on September 13, 2013
This umbrella is the bomb. It is the only actual windproof umbrella I have ever owned. It works in serious winds here in Chicago. It's a little long when folded up but, hey, it's worth it.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2014
Initially I really thought this was strong and would last well, but unfortunately I had an experience yesterday when I opened it during a brief rainstorm. I clicked the button and it popped open as expected, a gust of wind caught it and the canopy handled it well (too well) - as I was only holding the handle and the shaft was weak, the shaft just buckled. Now I have an umbrella that won't click closed because that mechanism is so twisted out of shape. Disappointed - it lasted about 30 days and probably about 5 uses. Don't expect it to be able to handle a strong wind unless you're holding on with both hands (which is pretty difficult to do at the moment you are opening it).
on April 25, 2013
I wanted an umbrella to use when walking my dog. I used the umbrella during a heavy rain and wind and was pleased with the performance. I liked the handle. It was easy to hold and the umbrella was easy to manage.
on September 10, 2013
It thinks is a large umbrella, it is for a travel size Easy to deploy with one hand. I think the auto close feature is a misprint, this umbrella does not fold and put itself away.

Good sturdy construction, high quality fabric, easily stored in my computer bag and passed through TSA three times - no issues. I have used it in a Florida downpour, Atlanta downtown rain with swirling winds and a Oregon shower. Works perfect everytime.
on October 28, 2013
I travel a lot and am very tired to have to replace cheap travel umbrellas way to often. I decided to do some research and come up with a quality travel umbrella. This is it! They were a little more expensive than I wanted, but when I got them, I couldn't believe the excellent quality. They are a little larger than my past travel umbrellas and will not fit into my travel purse or coat pocket, but it is worth having for the quality. I highly recommend these umbrellas.
on April 2, 2014
OK... My post is based on the fact that I have had the best wind resistant umbrella ever- for the last 10 years and long story short- it finally died. It was 48" in diameter so I have been used to a larger umbrella. I bought this one for a replacement. I got it in the mail today so I haven't used it in the rain... But it looks very sturdy and well made. It is lighter weight than my old one and open and closes well. My only issue was there is no info online on the diameter of this umbrella. Well- it is 38" diameter. To me it seems a lot smaller than my old umbrella and I m debating whether to keep it or return just based on that, and if I can find an umbrella closer to the size of my old umbrella. Otherwise it looks well made and would work fine.
44 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2014
it is not my first time that I buy a windguard umbrella by samsonite. And as for the previous umbrellas, also this one has been great.
on November 6, 2014
I'm not sure how it happened, but after a couple of uses, one of the ribs was broken
review image
on January 15, 2016
I bought this umbrella for my mom because all the ones I've bought before (all brands) always flip up and break, no exceptions. I was excited about getting her this umbrella as part of her Christmas gift so that she would finally have a sturdy, reliable umbrella that would not break so easily if there was wind. Today was the 3rd time she used the umbrella, and the first time it was windy. At the first gust of wind, the umbrella flipped up, my mother and son got drenched and one of the metal spokes broke out of it's hinge. Not reliable, not sturdy, not any better than any other umbrella I've bought and now after less then 90 days and 3 uses it's broken.
I am disappointed because I was relying on the Samsonite brand and was expecting this to really work. Also, the button on the umbrella is a little hard to close. For an older person trying to close an umbrella while getting in the car, you get soaked from the rain because of the difficulty closing I think I would have gotten more use from a cheaper umbrella at a discount store. Not a strong product at all :(