Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on September 30, 2010
I bought this nest of cases to do my yearly travel to visit my family in the UK this year. So my husband and I loaded them up and off we set with our new cases on their maiden voyage. When we reached Heathrow Airport from Dulles, VA, we collected out cases and found them to be a bit of a mess! The shiny silver coat of paint all over the cases had been scrapped into heaps on the two cases in the hold. My carryon was fine. The plastic underneath is a duller grey but very nice, so why did Samsonite paint the cases if the paint can't even withstand one flight! Samsonite quality has gone down over the years like everything else.

The wheels on them are fantastic though, but I am not sure how the locks will hold up. We will test them again in the New Year and see. Watch this space!

January 2013: Well it is now over two years on from my first review and I am happy to report that the locks are doing fine, no problems at all, and the wheels are still great, and the case shells are sturdy and not broken. But the outer finish on our cases now look as though they have had several really bad re-entries from space, and fallen onto the runway and then been dragged behind a recovery vehicle for several miles at Houston, rather than gliding down on their wonderful roller wheels. Yes, the outer finish is really bad so the cases look beaten and battered, though they are not and are in fact quite sturdy. Nice cases, shame about the finish, or is it nice video, shame about the song! What a shame that such otherwise great cases are let down so badly by cheap nasty finishing. Shame on you Samsonite!
0Comment|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
I remember that the last time that my luggage was gleaming silver, was just after the luggage disappeared behind the curtain on the conveyor belt of their first voyage. When I landed at my destination and waited at the luggage carousel, I actually looked at it on the carousel and thought, "I wonder how much travelling I've got to do before my luggage looks like that." It turned out that the weathered luggage was mine. It was like Star Trek. Young Captain Kirk stepped into the transporter, and out came something subjected to the Wrath of Khan! I've had TSA staff comment how beat up my luggage looks. I don't think Samsonite gave this one to the gorilla to test the finish.

The luggage itself though is tough. The TSA key locks are very convenient. No padlock key to lose, and no TSA "chopped" padlock to replace.

I travel frequently, my luggage looks like it was found under bomb rubble, but its still completely intact. I don't use my luggage when going to formal functions.

If youre looking for beautiful luggage, this is not the item for you. If youre looking for durable luggage, this is a good buy.

I bought my 3 piece set for $255 in July 2010. They looked like a Million bucks when I received them, and like Five bucks after travelling one week later.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2010
I was a little skeptical about the durability of this luggage set after I received it. I travel internationally frequently and have been pleasantly relieved of my original skepticism. The luggage structure stands up to the rigors of airport baggage handling well. The spinner configuration is a great benefit in herding several bags at once through the airport, and minimizes trips to the car for unloading at home. The finish is the only item on this luggage set that is showing wear after about 4 round trips overseas. I wish the carry on had an external document net or folder
on May 20, 2012
May 20th 2012,

I bought this set on February 2012, and already traveled twice with them. I liked them but there are some pros and cons that you need to be aware of:

Pros:

Lightweight: They are lighter than my old set, makes them easy to lift every time.
Easy to move and carry: The wheels make these suitcases move smoothly through any airport, the three different handlers (Two on the top and one on the side) make them easy to carry, additionally the handlers do not hurt your hands.
Secure: They have combination locks, very easy to set up, and they are TSA approved
Aesthetic: They look beautiful, I just love their aerospace silver.

Cons:
Easy to scratch: If the suitcase is not travelling with you, there is 100% chance that is going to be scratched when you pick it up on the claim baggage area, so be sure that you can live with it.
Expensive: I bought them almost $100 cheaper that what is shown now, I remember that this set is sold for different sellers in Amazon, and all of them have different prices, so research well before to buy them.
Don't have external pockets: I really don't miss them, but maybe you will, so be aware of this too.

Overall, I like my Luggage set, I would give them the 5 stars rate if they wouldn't be so easy to scratch.
on February 24, 2013
This luggage looked like a paint job on a Porsche when we received it... really beautiful (and I would note that the blueberry color is much darker and more attractive that the photos in my opinion). We actually had 2 people comment/inquire about it in our short time at the airport before check-in.

Aside from appearance, the capacity (especially when using the expansion) was impressive. This was our first hard side luggage and there is a more "give" that I anticipated when trying to close an overstuffed packing job. The durability looks like it will be good and really love the four spinner wheels... our 3 year old was able to help and pushed them along with little effort.

Since these are constructed with two hard-shell halves with a flexible material in-between, the only awkward thing to me was breaking my habit of putting a suitcase next to the wall and flipping up the top to lean against the wall. Maybe it would be okay, but felt that it would stress the fabric "hinge" too much... so ended up opening it up completely flat on the floor. And the only other con was that after one use, the beautiful exterior finish was really beat up after going through airport luggage handling. Probably not a whole lot worse that any other luggage, but was sad like seeing a beautiful car getting a key job :)

Overall, the best luggage I've ever owned... highly recommended.
on September 13, 2014
I travel very frequently for work and I finally got hard shell luggage to solve the problem of torn bags. The durability of this luggage is excellent and the usable space inside of each one is great.

The finish on the plastic is a very nice dark blue which conceals some of the scuffing that all baggage gets from airline handling. Expect scratching almost immediately with the finish. I am not overly concerned about how pretty the shell stays as long as the shell doesn't break and so far there have been no signs of cracking or tearing.

I would have liked the expansion feature of the bag to be a little more rigid to reduce the possibility of the two halves of the shell from twisting while being handled, and thereby potentially ripping at the expansion, but again I have not encountered any damage despite obviously rough handling by the airline.

The three-dial security lock is a bit simplistic, but it works well and seems to be a sufficient deterrent to casual theft despite its limited strength.

I have noticed that the wheels tend to wander when pushing the luggage upright, but that isn't much of a problem and can be dealt with by pulling the bags instead.
on January 4, 2013
If you're still pulling around a two-wheel roller board, upgrade now. These 4 wheel 360 degree cases are an incredible improvement when negotiating tight spaces and they are a breeze on long terminal walks. They can always be used like a 2 wheel design on uneven surfaces or the walk from the car to the terminal.

The outside looks nice but will absolutely scuff if you check the bags. The very first time, so expect that. The TSA lock is nice and even though I don't lock the set, I leave the zippers in place and appreciate that feature. I wish there were some outside pocket or quick access. That is the reason for the downgrade to 4 stars.
on March 1, 2014
I purchased this set of luggage for my husband to use while traveling and for our trip overseas this fall. We were in need of some decent luggage and I jumped at the chance to buy these at a great price on a lightning deal ($200 for the set of three).

My first impressions are pretty positive. The smallest is marked as a carry-on size, while the middle and large would need to be checked in most instances. Each suitcase is super light, which makes it a lot easier to stay under the 50 lbs most airlines require for the large bags without paying the overweight fee.

I like the lined interior of each suitcase, especially the lower section where you can separate shoes or dirty laundry or less-commonly used items like a large jacket under the liner to keep things a bit more organized.

I was surprised the clips that cross to hold things in place are neither elastic, nor adjustable, so I do not know how useful those will be.

I also like that the bags all next inside each other, making storage much easier and taking up less room in my guest room closet.

The shipment came well packaged in a sturdy box and each suitcase was within a thin dust cover -- I imagine to help keep it clean if you are storing them in an attic or other dusty area. Another nice touch.

These do have a built-in TSA approved combination lock to help prevent them popping open during transport.

I do think the color description is misleading. I chose "blueberry," hoping for luggage that will stand out on the luggage carousel and make it easier to spot in the sea of black and gray bags. However, the color is super super dark, looks like black in our regular lighting, and reads as a really dark navy in direct sunlight. They are not nearly as bright of a blue as the image indicates. I will definitely be tying some bright fabric strips or something else easily identifiable to help them stand out.

I will update this review after they've been used for a trip or two. I cannot comment on how the finish holds up to traveling, which seems to be the main complaint per other reviewers.
on February 13, 2014
I was on the fence on purchasing this set when I read the product reviews, but decided still to purchase during a lightning deal. It was such a great deal for a 3-piece hard case set!

My biggest concern was over the comments related to the poor quality of the exterior, that it will scratch, peel, scuff, and otherwise too easily after just one trip. I travel a lot and I know that luggage has to get tossed, thrown, meander conveyers and belts, and travel thousands of miles. It's not going to remain pristine-looking during its lifetime.

And sure enough in my first trip, the mid-size case (the one that I took this time) got scratched and scuffed as I imagined it would, but still looks great. The cases are durable and expandable. I hesitated giving this 5 stars yet as the cases are almost too cavernous. Not a bad thing, but the larger bag looks like it is going to be in the oversize category, and I'll need to invest in packing cubes for these.

So, if you're on the fence, just go for it and purchase these. It is a fantastic set of luggage.
on August 22, 2014
fairly light weight. Mars easily. no external pocked on the carry on. Overall I like it and it is very nice looking. The large suit case is very large and difficult not to over pack for weight on airlines