5.0 out of 5 stars Love it
Published 13 months ago by JT

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, Faulty Product
Great Design but weight wise I don't think this can hold a lot. The side strap ripped off in the first few days of me using it. I love Samsonite bags and I think they make the best LAPTOP bags but I wasn't happy with this one.
Published 19 months ago by Darshan A Kembhavi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Xenon 2 15.6-Inch Tech Locker Black (Personal Computers)
This is a great bag! I travel frequently for work and I always need room for just one more peripheral. This bag fits my laptop, power brick, international adapter, magazines, sunglasses, head phones, car charger, cell phone, passport and everything else I need for 2 weeks on the road. I like the gusset design instead of the flip open case design you see for laptop bags. It makes it so much easier to go through airport security when you can just unzip the bag and pull out your pc. Yes you do give up a little padding this way, but I haven't had a problem with damaged equipment yet. Overall a great bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value...very good for organizing laptop accessories, July 1, 2013
Sean "Sean" (CHICAGO, Israel) - See all my reviews
I chose this bag because I like to be well organized with a specific place for each item, and this bag seemed to be designed in this way. I was not disappointed: there is a well sized and appropriate pocket for each item you would expect to carry in a laptop bag.

The good:

Because the bag is very efficient, it remains very compact and easily fits in any overhead bin or under any airplane seat.

At under $50 this bag is a very good value. I would describe the construction as very good. The zippers are heavy duty, and the material is dense but light. The bag is not flimsy at all. Protective padding is good.

All pockets and compartments well designed

The bad

With my laptop and accessories in the bag, it becomes full quickly. Because of the efficient design and compact size, there really isn't much additional room. I keep a notepad, thin folder and some pens in my bag an I wouldn't want to try adding too much more. I do have a very thick laptop, though, so those with an average or thin laptop might not experience this.

Padding on the strap was very light, so I bought a replacement that is more comfortable. For such a reasonable price and good quality, I don't think the original strap was out of line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the accordion style!, March 31, 2013
I love the accordion style; it's easy to organize my things. The bag is light, too, but there's no padding, which means no protection when you drop it.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, good value for price, February 9, 2013
Bitofinger (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This case is everything I've come to expect from Samsonite. Well designed, tough materials, tightly constructed, few weak spots. It has plenty of nooks and crannies to store everything I need for school.

Instead of carrying a laptop, I'm using it as a book bag. Well, that's what I call it in public, in private it's my murse (man-purse). It has an accordion compartment with 3 wide openings, which are great for carrying my school books, notebooks, or laptop if need be, and has a removable, stretchable Velcro strap to secure movement. Within the accordion, the middle section divided into 3 parts vertically, good for storing anything like power cords, USB cables and so forth. The case has a sturdy, detachable shoulder strap, which I store here. There's a lot of padding all around these segments, good for delicate items. The top section of the accordion has 4 buttons which can be unsnapped, allowing that part of the case to open a full 180-degrees, if the zipper is fully opened.

The outer, or top layer of the case has a zippered compartment that I use to store all kinds of crap, like a pen/pencil case, scissors, small water bottle, pocket knife, ear buds, and lots more. It has several small, well designed pouches to keep all this stuff well organized.

There are 2 outer pouches for quick access, one zippered to carry miscellaneous items, the other perfect for carrying cell phone and iPod, both with good padding and soft cloth lining.

I did have to singe/cut a bunch of small, dangling strings, but none of these were due to unraveling, they were only excesses from the manufacturing.

There are plenty of cheaper cases out there, but not many would match the quality, design and value of this one. I'm glad I spent the extra $10 or so, it was worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, Faulty Product, December 4, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Mis-labelled, March 29, 2014
This bag was identified as made in USA, but it was not. Its a decent laptop bag, but thats about it. I was on the fence about sending it back, but for the price, it wasn't worth the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars best technologic bag for travel, January 13, 2014
i am a geek and i love this bag. it has so many pockets that i got creative with placement of all my gadgets. it has made my life organised.

5.0 out of 5 stars My som love it, January 13, 2014
It was great. the locker bag held all he needed for his new job
Good job Samsonite. I will get this for my other son on this B-day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great (small squeak), June 3, 2013
This carries my Zenbook 15.6" ultrabook and ipad2 (along with cables and AC adapters) as well as papers, documents, folders, pens, etc. wonderfully. The only small problem I noticed is a small squeak when it is under a full load. Other than that, this is a tough, rugged, and professional looking bag that does what it promises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsonite Xenon 2 - a good PC notebook choice, February 16, 2013
I recently purchased a Samsonite Xenon 2 15.6 inch Tech Locker notebook case for my new HP dv6 computer. I bought a high end, fully loaded HP Pavilion dv6 PC, and decided that it needed a GOOD case. After studying a long time, I bought this Samsonite case. What I like about it is it's high quality construction, and good space for extras, but not bloated. There is room for a few extra files and PC accessories, but, it would travel fairly light, which I wanted. The construction quality of this case is very high. It will not hold more than a 16 inch PC, and that would be a squeeze. They have a bigger size for the 17 inch notebooks, in this style, I believe. So, look for that one, if you have a notebook bigger than 16 inches (screen diagonal).

I can highly recommend this notebook case, on both quality and the feature set.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›