4.0 out of 5 stars Baggage Handling Fee Defeater
I booked a flight recently for $97, then discovered (at check-in) that the airline charged $50 to check a bag. At the gate, were your carry-on to exceed approved dimensions, the same airline charged $100 to put the bag in the hold.

Bottom line: you have to have a bag that you can carry on and that will absolutely fit under the seat.

This Samsonite...
Published 18 months ago by Daniel A. Koblosh

2.0 out of 5 stars Somebody Dropped the Ball on Quality Control
I've used a Samsonite crew sized roller case , large roller cases and even my briefcase, for many years. All could have made it through a war, as demonstrated by how tough they are. Fortunately, I'm beyond the age of forced conscription, so none of my bags have seen the rigors of an aforementioned war. But, I still have them. And, they still demonstrate how quality...
Published 11 months ago by Capt. G.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baggage Handling Fee Defeater, May 17, 2013

This Samsonite Xenon is really a miniature piece of luggage. And though it has innards to hold 8-1/2x11 paper and folders, and a very secure pocket to protect an iPad or small laptop, it's really difficult to get to those areas in a hurry or by partially unzipping the luggage.

It has three compartments: the large lower compartment for clothing, the middle compartment for "the office" that holds the computer/iPad and papers and and outer compartment that holds things like keys, glasses, wallet and smaller stuff. This last compartment is really the only spot you can get to in a hurry. The two main compartments require you to lay the bag down and unzip all the way around until you can fold the compartment open. It's caused by the amazing rigidity of the case's walls. They really hold their shape. Durable as all get out. Like I said, it's really a small piece of luggage.

I'm using it as a briefcase, and honestly, I kind of miss being able to zip open the top of a more flexible bag and jam stuff in there.

That said, it really performed admirably on my three-day trip. I was able to stuff enough essential clothing and toiletries into the lower "clothing" section and jam enough other stuff (chargers and adapters, and other misc stuff) into the middle section that the one bag was all I needed.

I guffawed at the $50 bag fee at check-in, and strode triumphantly past the $100 bag fee at the gate.

Then came the acid test: would it actually fit under the seat without a crowbar -- which are frowned upon by the TSA? As you can see by the attached photo, it slid beautifully under the window seat in front of me like it was an official aircraft accessory.

The bag rolls silently on excellent wheels and the handle extends and retracts smoothly. The handle is also long enough that the bag doesn't clip my heels or flutter out of control when dragging it behind me.

One negative: there's no provision for a shoulder strap, should you want to carry it. To lift the bag, you use its comfortable padded handgrip.

Overall, a very nice bag. Just don't expect to crack it a bit and add or remove anything quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Right Combo, January 23, 2013
I travel over 200 days a year so the right case is very important to me. I have been looking for something like this portable office for several years; most are too wide to fit under the seat on planes and none have both wheels and a strap that slides over my carry-on suitcase's handles. It's a bit smaller than my previous case but I'm sure I'll get used to that. Samsonite -- you got it right this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Mobile Office (Accessory)
I own a business where I need to take my laptop,various sound related items and paperwork to work. My needs were specialized in that I am a DJ doing warmup for some of the top TV shows. I have to carry a long keyboard type case along with this Mobile Office case. This product works out perfectly for me, I can roll it while I carry the other case. It holds everything I need and has many nice compartments to store my cables, connectors, headphones etc. and has plenty of room for any unexpected items I might need to take. I recommend this product highly for it's functionality and build quality. I looked long and hard and found my personal perfect solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Mobile Office (Accessory)
I have used this everyday since receiving it as a rolling office.
It goes up and down the stairs well, no problems wheeling it (I had considered
a free-wheeling) Unlike some reviewers, I have had no problems with
tipping when all the pouches are open. Thanks for a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Mobile Office (Accessory)
I'm very pleased with the product . the bag is lightweight . The handle operates smoothly. This product can take my Dell laptop 14 inch and provides adequate storage for paperwork, books, pens..etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice overall, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Mobile Office (Accessory)
Pros: Fits under plane seat, sturdy, attractive. Plenty of room for laptop, files, and additional items. Narrow enough to maneuver down the aisle of the plane.
Cons: You really have to fully open the zipper compartments all the way around to access the inside. The structural support is stiff so it is very difficult to open a compartment part way just to stuff something in. I consider this a minor convenience however and it is the only complaint I have thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!, January 17, 2014
Noel J Jameson (Silver Spring, MD, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Mobile Office (Accessory)
I am a teacher, and I needed a bag that fit all my "teacher" stuff. This bag is perfect! I regularly transport 5 iPads, a laptop, and graded papers. This bag comfortably and safely fits all the necessities. I have flown with the bag, and it fit under my middle seat, but not under my window/aisle seat. Rolls well, even when packed tightly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, February 26, 2014
LSM (Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Mobile Office (Accessory)
This is a great rolling bag that holds all my business essentials and fits under most every airplane seat that I have encountered. I tore the front zipper stitching but probably my fault when I overloaded it. I would buy one of these again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Mobile Office (Accessory)
Compact and easy to travel with in any manner. Alot of room for having your office with you while traveling on business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this bag, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Mobile Office (Accessory)
Fits my 17" laptop like a glove. All other compartments are extremely useful and sufficient for all of my little gadgets, one 1-1/2 3-ring binder, and a lunch sack! The construction quality is bar none as its name bares. I originally had a bit of reservation about the quality of the wheel (for not having seen and felt it), but now that I have used it for over three months, everything is holding up like a Samsonite should do! And the wheels are a life saver too considering the total weight of around 25lbs between the bag itself and all of the contents on my average day, that I can roll around instead of wearing it on my shoulder.

Highly recommend this to anyone who have a need to lug around a heavy lap top and some ....

Samsonite Xenon 2 Mobile Office PFT Black