5.0 out of 5 stars May be the perfect bag!
Published on July 14, 2008 by Sherrylj

2.0 out of 5 stars Was OK until the handle broke off after a few uses
The bag is nice in terms of size and all, but the handle is poorly attached using cheap plastic. It broke off on the 10th trip - no extra force on it, just fell off when I pulled it open. I have never had a bag have its handle come off before, not even close. Most last much longer and take a lot of abuse. This was an expensive bag, so it is really upsetting.
Even...
Published on November 7, 2009 by Paul Kimelman

5.0 out of 5 stars May be the perfect bag!, July 14, 2008
Sherrylj (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This bag is wonderful! It moves so easily in all directions, even sideways down the airplane aisle and it fits under the seat so it doesn't need to be lifted to the overhead. It holds my 15" laptop and all my essential stuff I don't want to check (medicine, change of clothes, etc.) It even rides on top of the larger matching bag - not as securely as non-wheeled bags would, but it does work! I got a couple of matching pieces and they are all terrific. Well worth the cost!

2.0 out of 5 stars Was OK until the handle broke off after a few uses, November 7, 2009
This review is from: Samsonite X'ion 2 Spinner Tote (Apparel)
Even before that it has a bad design for the handle risers (the metal posts that hold the handle up high to make it easy to hold). The handle riser extensions are locked by small plastic buttons that. If you put a laptop bag against the handle or even a jacket, it will often collapse when they touch those buttons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rolling tote, September 7, 2008
I love this rolling tote. It has saved my shoulder. It holds my needs for a week's worth of travel and it is easy to manage in the airport and on the plane. I recommend it highly to travelers.

1.0 out of 5 stars In my experience, this thing is downright dangerous, August 9, 2008
Patricia Tryon (Longmont, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite X'ion 2 Spinner Tote (Apparel)
The main problem with this bag is its instability. If you study the photo, you'll see the problem. It's a good bit taller than it is wide, so unless the wheels are STRAIGHT behind you or STRAIGHT in front of you, it just isn't going to work. It spins like a top losing speed: lurching crazily from side to side until it finally -- but unpredictably, of course -- falls right over.

It has happened on flat, stable surfaces and on moving sidewalks. Real danger sets in when it happens on escalators, as it did on every single escalator (probably eight, at least) on the one trip I took this bag. I will never travel with it again.

Another serious problem for me is that, again owing to the bad height to width ratio, it isn't possible to put a laptop bag on top of this one, even when the laptop bag snaps securely in place. Take my word on this, please: if you buy this bag, DO NOT TRY TO USE IT WITH A LAPTOP BAG.

With some reservations because of the poor quality zippers, I suggest the Solana Rolling Tote, which I have now used successfully on several trips. Yes, it has a laptop sleeve; no, I don't use it because I vastly prefer Brenthaven 2370101 17" ProLite III Shoulder Case for Notebooks for my laptop.

Samsonite X'ion 2 Spinner Tote