5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera
Good camera for under $100. Uses MicroSD card for storage. Easy to connect to iPhone via WiFi and get pics transferred over. Small size, which also means some buttons are a bit small for my fingers. 12x optical zoom is great. So far all my test photos are great.
Published 7 months ago by Esteban Nunez

3.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising!
Published 2 months ago by Orianna

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, May 6, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising!, October 9, 2014
This is a compact digital camera, with a lot of features for a very reasonable price. It shoots video, and it has built-in Wi-Fi, which allows you to easily share your photos. However, it does NOT have "PC Auto Backup" or wireless uploading, in spite of what the description says. (More on this in a minute.) It comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a plug-in USB cable/charger, a wrist strap, and a quick-start guide. If you want to learn about the camera's features (without trial-and-error), I'd recommend downloading the full manual, which can be found online for free.

NOTE: If you intend to take more than one or two pictures with this camera, you'll need to buy a separate memory card. It only works with Micro SD, Micro SDHC, or Micro SDXC memory cards. (I had to find this information at Samsung's website, since it's not mentioned in Amazon's product description.)

- PROS -

* Purple! The description photos look almost navy blue, but the camera is actually a dark purple. Blueish-purple, to be sure, but still purple.

* It's very lightweight and compact. I love how thin it is!

* Advanced Features. This digital camera has many of the same features as a fancy, high-end DSLR, such as adjustable ISO, aperture, and focus. Or you can use the auto-feature, which will analyze the scene and choose the best settings for you. There's some fancy features, too, like a portrait-setting that automatically removes blemishes, and a panoramic-setting that lets you splice several photos together.

* Uploading Features. It will let you automatically upload your pictures and videos to Facebook, YouTube, Dropbox, or Picasa. It will let you email photos to yourself and friends. It will even let you send photos to your smartphone or tablet. However, it does NOT permit wireless uploading to your computer, in spite of what the description says.

- CONS -

* False Advertising! Both Amazon's product description and the press release at Samsung's website claim this camera has "PC Auto Backup" -- a feature that allows you to use Wi-Fi to automatically upload your photos to your computer. This was actually the main reason I bought this camera. When I couldn't find this feature listed in the manual, I contacted Samsung's customer service and they told me, in no uncertain terms, that the WB35F digital camera does NOT have PC Auto Backup! I am extremely disappointed.

* In order to store the pictures you take, you'll need a separate micro memory card. This isn't mentioned in the description, but it'll cost you about $20 extra, more or less, depending on what size and speed you get. I got the SanDisk 32GB Ultra Class 10 Micro SDHC, which I'm happy with. You'll want a protective case, too. I got the Case Logic QPB-301 Point and Shoot Camera Case (Purple), which works nicely.

* When it's turned on, the camera makes a high-pitched whirring sound that's very annoying. It's quiet enough that most people probably won't even notice, but I'm sensitive to high-pitched sounds, so it bugs me.

* While in the menu system, if you hesitate before choosing an option, a "help" window will pop up to tell you what that particular option does. This was nice on the first day, when I didn't know what any of the features were. But now it's just annoying.

In general, I'm pleased with this camera. I still haven't learned all its tricks, but it takes great pictures and packs a lot of neat features into a very small, affordable package. However, I cannot forgive the false advertising! I really wanted wireless uploading and was sorely disappointed to learn that it doesn't exist. I must praise Amazon's customer service, though! When I emailed them to express my dissatisfaction, they replied within thirty minutes--and on a Sunday, no less! They promised to amend the product listing (which still hasn't happened, unfortunately) and offered me a 20% refund if I wanted to keep the camera, and a complete refund if I wanted to return it. You can't get better than that.

Amazon gets 5 stars for their prompt and efficient customer service, but the Samsung WB35F camera only gets 3 stars. Cautiously recommended, but only if you don't need wireless uploading or automatic PC backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compact camera., August 3, 2014
Dan M (Singers Glen, VA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to replace a 5 year old similar Samsung camera. The old camera took literally seconds after you pushed the button to actually take the picture. This camera focuses very quickly and takes the picture immediately upon pressing the button. The pictures are clear and sharp. Although it has many possible options, I use it in the Auto mode and it does everything I want of it. I certainly think it is an excellent purchase, especially at the price charged by Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Digital Camera, June 28, 2014
Really like the camera, fits in your pocket and give excellent pictures. Used on trip to San Juan and loved it, I took my larger camera but found I was using the Samsung more because I could send pictures to my phone and text to friends. Really nice purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, bad quality., August 18, 2014
While the pictures turned out great and the function of the camera overall was good, the display started going out and then went blank. The zoom also started sticking. This was on it's first trip only a month after purchasing it. Too late for Amazon return policy. Ugh

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this camera at the price I got it for, October 14, 2014
I really wanted to like this camera at the price I got it for, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for...."

I primarily wanted to use this cam for shooting party pics and travel pics as well as HD video, all of which is does a mediocre job at.

Still images:
IF you can get a crisp focus, then they look pretty good in high res. HOWEVER, getting the camera to focus on one point for longer than 1.5 seconds is a chore. Even with auto focus turned off... Also, low lighting, indoor, and night images on this cam are TERRIBLE. flash is weak and the flash delay timing is awful. images are grainy and look like they came from a Motorola razr...
If your shooting in bright light, during the day and have time to get a solid focus between a few shots then its good...

HD Video:
takes average 720p HD video. no where near as good as my phone. video is about the same as images, its decent IF you have time to mess with settings and setup your shots. shooting indoors or at night is a joke. footage is way too dark and extremely grainy, even on the best settings.
shooting on the fly with this thing is a pain. video comes out extremely BLURRY until the auto focus figures itself out.

ALSO, when recording video in quiet to medium noise level environments, you can hear the lens mechanism focusing itself. As you see the auto focus do its job, you can hear "bzzzt, bzzzt, bzzzt" and other noises as it focuses on its subject. Its so loud that the microphone picks up the noise even when there is background noise or people are speaking.

Overall, below average to average camera. IF you can get it cheap and just need it for snapshots, then it should suffice. otherwise, KEEP SHOPPING cause this thing underperforms on everything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 16, 2014
I love this Camera. It's very small, but has a great zoom and takes really nice pictures. It has a lot of options built in so you can edit your photos right on the Camera, or use any of the various settings when taking pictures, and post to the web with the built in WiFi. I don't have a smart phone, so this was a fantastic alternative for pictures without the monthly fee of a phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a better camera around!!!, June 20, 2014
This camera has more features than....let's just say it has alot! I am so pleased with this camera because of the 16 megapixels, that's more than most high end cameras. I shot a pic and then sent it to my email from the cameras wifi set up! It is so kewl! I recommend this camera to everyone! It's so easy to work!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, but cheap enough., September 17, 2014
What we wanted in a camera:
1) Portability
2) Good low-light
3) Wifi

What we got:
1) Portability
2) Mediocre low-light
3) Near-useless Wifi

We had modest expectations for this camera, and it still just underwhelmed us completely.
Daylight pictures looked great. Crisp, vibrant, quick to shoot. But every time we tried anything with any sort of low-light situation, no matter what settings we adjusted, it still just looked like, well, crap. Not much else to add there. Tripods nor ISO exposure values helped anything. It just doesn't have the power to take truly decent pictures with sub-par lighting sans the flash.

We really wanted a camera with wifi (in particular to use with Dropbox). But we also wanted to see how nicely it would play on our home network. The wifi on this camera didn't do much. No real way to interface it with the network, but we could connect it to our Dropbox. Even then, it would only allow us to upload 10 pictures at a time and NO videos. What? We can't upload videos over wifi with this camera? What's the point of wifi if it limits your usage as severely as this does?

Anyway, on to other things. What I liked:
1) The zoom. Great optical zoom on a compact camera.
2) Portability. Fits great in a pocket and is lightweight.

I don't have much else to add in the way of positives. The menus are no intuitive, the interface is awkward, it is slow to take pictures, the focus always seems slightly off unless conditions are perfect.
While it's hard to bash it too much because it's so cheap, it's hard to really recommend it either.

5.0 out of 5 stars PICTURE PERFECT, August 5, 2014
jerry a. todd (Winnetka, CA USA) - See all my reviews
great camera. too bad it didn't come with a user's manual. i had to pay $18.00 to order one on-line.