Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Simple LED 27-Inch Monitor, White with Blue TOC Finish
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 8, 2014
pros:
if this rating were just for the display only, it would be a 5 hands down. the PLS panel displays deep, poppy and vibrant colors. the screen is very versatile and with a little tweaking can display 1080p about as good as you can see it. the glossy white fame is thin, attractive, and nice to look at while also keeping the focus on the screen. capacitive button give a nice feel to the over all design.

cons:
my first monitor came with a dead pixel, which lead me to return it and opt for the black one, which i ended up preferring more and kept instead. also for some reason the monitor comes with a vga port and no dvi port. i guess technically you only need the hdmi that's there, but i dont know why they wouldnt ditch the vga for dvi. i would have made use of the dvi since my hdmi out from my pc was already going to a tv, i had to purchase a dvi-hdmi cord in order to get hooked up to this monitor.
game mode doesn't really do much other than max out the brightness/contrast/sharpness. unfortunately the sharpness goes a little too far and distorts the image on some games. since theres no way to edit the settings for game mode either, you probably will just setup the monitor once when you get it and not use the game mode button ever. the stand was a little bit wobbly and also the white frame isn't as sharp looking as the black model. (for me anyway)

verdict:
if you are going for a monitor 23-25 inches you want to stick with 1080p, if you can catch this on sale its probably one of the best monitors for the money. when you get to 27 inches and higher, you want to start looking at 1440 resolution and those monitors can be about 2-3 times as expensive as this one.
33 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2014
I have owned several monitors in my day, ranging from a 21" LCD Monitor, all the way to the apple thunderbolt display. I can honestly say that this is my favorite monitor thus far. Although the settings are wonky when it comes out of the box, a little tweaking will reveal what it is truly capable of. Deep blacks, saturated color pallet, and AMAZING quality. I feel like this is an upgrade from my $1000 thunderbolt display. It's very light, and looks great on my desk. Definitely would recommend.
1212 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 7, 2014
I bought this from local Costco.

Good:

0. The Price.
1. The monitor is blindingly bright. It actually hurt my eyes when I first set it on and turn on. (Max bright factory setting) I use 20% brightness and 50% contrast for day and night.
2. Also color is very pleasing. Pictures feels like pop out of flat panel even compared to other IPS monitors I work with.

So-So

0. Only two input, HDMI and VGA. Lack of displayport is no problem for its resolution is HD.
1. VGA connection with PC gives crisp picture. I didn't tried HDMI, but I feel no need to do.
2. Lack of angle/height adjustment. There is no adjustment at all. Lack of Up/Down tilt is sometimes dis-satisfactory, but thanks to wide viewing angle, I don't feel much need after a few days. (EDIT: It tilts up and down. I found out from the response from manufacturer. Then this should go to "Good" because of minimal design of the backside.)
3. Game Mode. It is useless. Sharpness is fixed too high so it produce too much artifact to enjoy.
4. No sound. I don't like crappy monitor speakers. So no problem for me.
5. Lack of mount.
6. Cheesy design. I actually hesitated buy this monitor because of the look. But after turn on I don't care.

Bad

0. Wobbly. Like other review, this monitor is wobbly although manufacturers defies. It is not assembly error. It is stand by only one transparent blue pillar, but the the pillar itself is not solid enough. So it wobbles left and right (but less front and back). I think the design is not good enough for horizontally long monitor like this. I wonder even If they made it with more solid meterial, it would wobble. It was annoying when you adjust setting of your monitor (They are touch sensitive buttons!) and it wobbles. I put my speakers under both side and now it stopped wobbling.
1. Corner uniformity issue. Left and right column corner (close to edge) is look a bit darker vertically than other area. It is mostly from viewing angle since if I move to side it is less. But it still happens when I moved to left and right side. Actually right side is a bit more affected (darker) than the left side. I actually considered return this monitor because of this issue. But it is not more than the place for the scroll bar. (So by Chrome scroll bar looks a bit rounded--gradation-- than flat.) But it is unnoticeable in most cases if I let it go. I think it is a sacrifice from narrow bezel design in this model. But I should admit that I have quite sensitive eyes. I just hope that it is not get worsen.

Verdict: Good (for the money)

*Addition after about 1 month of use:

Generally, I think this is good monitor. I found if I look carefully, many wide monitors I work with also show not uniform brightness on both side ends. (But this monitor is more noticeable)

But wobbling can be a real deal-breaker. I tested with other monitors and they wobble a bit, but they are all absorbed within 2~3 second. I noticed this monitor keep wobbling a lot longer than other monitors. It can be annoying because you can get nauseous when try to focus on wobbling small texts. Furthermore, it can accumulate vibration (If not installed on heavy platform e.g. cheap desk), so it can even wobble from keystokes. But as I said, I put speakers below and they are okay for me. It may be acceptable for TVs, but not for monitors because you need to focus on small texts.

One more thing I regret now is lack of 120 Hz support because recently I am considering 3D display. But I should admit that this starts from the good picture quality of this monitor, and too much expectation for the price.

*Addition after about 2 month of use:

I returned it to Costco. I decided spend another $100 for better product. I considered using it as second multiple display but didn't do it because of wobbling.
77 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
I had a previous monitor that quit high above my desk to view security cameras. I never could see the cameras well because of the extreme viewing angle. I replaced the monitor with this one, and my views are great! It works far better than I expected and is a high quality video product for me.
on May 19, 2014
Very contemporary design. Nice picture but not eye-popping. A good feature is that the screen has a surface that is not shiny and highly reflective. Very minimal connectivity - one each HDMI and VGA connectors.
on December 30, 2014
Bought this monitor for my wife during Thanksgiving when it was on sale. It looks very stylish and the screen pops and is razor sharp. My wife is very happy. Keep in mind that there are no speakers in this monitor. My wife uses her computer for business purposes only so I cannot comment how it works for gaming.
on December 8, 2014
Viewing angles are pretty poor, colors are much deeper, and the monitor does not have much brightness adjust. I love the way these look though, very clean!

I am critical of these because I am stepping down from 2 energy inefficient ACER P243W's, but they are quickly growing on me!

These also do not turn my desk into a heat lamp station as well which is a massive bonus nor do they have coil whine!
review image
on October 18, 2014
i love the picture quality on this led monitor. bright clear and crisp. the design makes it seem contemporary and looks great on my desk. however the stand makes it seem cheap. looking at the picture the stand seems transparent in color but is is actually white. it is not very supportive and it wobbles.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 26, 2014
I like the extremely large display; it's almost as good as having two monitors. The quality is very good. I mostly do spreadsheet and business-related work, so I don't know how it is for gaming. It looks very nice. The only issue I have with it is the precariousness of the base--this is such a large monitor, yet the stand is not very supportive. When I type the monitor slightly wobbles, and if I jostle my desk at all it noticeably moves. I'm concerned that a more significant bump could cause it to break or topple. I'm curious if anyone else who uses this monitor has the same concerns.
88 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2015
These monitors are flipping awesome! I have purchased 4 of these in total. The first one I purchased as an addition to my iMac and I am a graphic designer so I am very picky when it comes to the quality in resolution. I was not expecting much as I am a bit of an Apple snob. When I received it and realized the quality was actually almost better than my 2010 iMac I bought 3 more... Can't recommend this monitor more highly! EXCELLENT QUALITY HANDS DOWN!