Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung 32GB High Speed microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card with Adapter. Model number: MB-MSBGA/US
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 17, 2012
Pros:
My card came today nicely packaged in one of those indestructible containers from the manufacturer. After destroying the package I popped in in my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 and it works just fine. When in the player it only gets around 5 mbps write and about 15 read during actual transfers. I was thinking I got a dud until I popped it into the included adapter and plugged it into my laptop. In there I was getting the advertised speeds of 10-12 mbs write and 22-24 mbs read when actually transferring files. I downloaded crystal mark [...] and ran it through 3 tests and they all passed with similar speeds.

Cons:
In my mobile device it doesn't perform at advertised speeds, not sure if its an issue with my device or usb, but it does perform when plugged directly into the SD adapter on my laptop.

Other thoughts:
My order was fulfilled through Amazon and was definetly new and authentic. Its amazing that there is 32GBs in such a tiny chip.

Here are my benchmarks. The second is in my galaxy player with it plugged into a usb 3.0 port on my laptop so a little faster.

Sequential Read : 23.780 MB/s
Sequential Write : 12.243 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 23.071 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 10.192 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 5.614 MB/s [ 1370.7 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.038 MB/s [ 253.4 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 5.769 MB/s [ 1408.4 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.041 MB/s [ 254.1 IOPS]

Test : 100 MB [D: 23.4% (6.8/29.2 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2012/05/16 20:38:54

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 8.330 MB/s [ 2033.7 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.053 MB/s [ 257.0 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 13.422 MB/s [ 3276.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.057 MB/s [ 258.1 IOPS]

Test : 100 MB [H: 23.4% (6.8/29.2 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2012/05/17 17:41:26
on January 29, 2012
This card consistently transfers data on my Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket at 10MBps, often reaching its maximum rate of 12MBps. I've never had a microsd card perform at its advertised class speed, much less at its maximum rate. Read speeds are consistent at it's max of 24MBps. Needless to say, performance (at least in my phone) is phenomenal and for the price is currently unbeatable. Do not hesitate if you can find it at $49 retail like I did. Simply do not pass it up for $70 or below.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2012
As the title suggests, it's important to be vigilant when purchasing Micro SD cards - or any flash memory, for that matter, independent of the source - as there exists a large and sophisticated black market in counterfeit memory; in short - as a consumer, you need to trust, but verify.

For example: though your card may state that it's a Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC, and your OS (operating system) may even read it as being a 32GB card, and you can (seemingly) load GBs upon GBs into it, and the font and the color and 'Made in Korea' all appear exactly as other cards you've had, the card may be neither the stated size nor the stated class. And, this is a problem.

Think of the fraudsters as pedophile-magicians who traffic in illusions - and also want to steal your money and innocence; and think of yourself, for the moment, as a kid with a cute smile and big piggy bank - because that's the way the pedophile-magician-fraudsters view you. But, you're going to grow up fast - and see beyond the tricks.

We won't 'go gentle into that good night.'

While you may not necessarily be a 'power user' or know or care much about Class and whether the card's writing at (a minimum of) 10MBs/sec, you should be concerned that if the class was mislabeled on the card, then the memory size likely was misstated as well; misstated memory size is significant in that, as you snap away under the impression that you've got 32GBs at your disposal, and you take 1000s of images and GBs and GBs of video of 'Little Johnnie's First Steps' and 'Our Dream Cruise in Greece', those files - let's think of them as Memories - may be corrupted or erased, because your card is really only 8GBs - and all of those images and videos will be gone. Forever. Like the subway 'magician' who just made your wallet disappear.

Remember: the pedophile-magician-fraudsters are relatively sophisticated; the physical characteristics of the drive itself will look similar to others you've purchased; your computer, camera and phone will (be tricked into) read(ing)/display(ing) whatever digital characteristics - drive size, for example - the pedophile-magician-fraudsters want you to believe it is.

That having been said, here's what you need to do: once you've received your card, you'll need to verify 'class' and verify 'size' prior to leaving feedback for the seller. This bears repeating: verify Class and Size prior to leaving feedback for the seller.

How to verify class: For Android phones, there exists a free app by Veluscek Ales - SD Tools - which allows you to see various details on the card, such as Manufacturer, Serial #, OEM ID etc. in addition to running Read and Write tests; pop the SD card into your Droid and fire up the app - if the card is a well-made counterfeit, then you likely won't be able to determine immediately whether it's fake from these listed details; if it's poorly done (for example, some fields are not filled out, the Serial # field is blank etc.), it may be readily obvious. With the details provided however, you can cross-reference the Serial etc., with the purported Manufacturer - the manufacturer will tell you in short time if it is authentic or not.

The litmus test is the Speed Test: run it; if the card states that you've got a Class 10 but consistent tests are Writing only at 6.9 to 7.2, there's likely an issue. Bear in mind: Class is based on minimum standards; cards should perform above these minimums.

There exist other applications for other devices to check speed - or to run from your laptop; check out how online.

How to verify size: the most comprehensive manner is to download the free H2testw (most current version as of writing is V1.4); it's an application written by a clever German guy - and is something of the Gold Standard for testing; it's super easy to use - and gives you the option of running it in either German or English; it will likely run about 4 hours (in function of your card speed) to Test - Write and Verify - but is well worth the investment in time.

In brief, H2testw V1.4 writes packets to the entirety of the drive, until it's full; then, it attempts to read back what it wrote to the drive, and in so doing determines 1) actual drive size and 2) whether there are errors on the drive ie whether it was able to read back without error everything it wrote.

If you've paid for 32GBs and are expecting 32GBs - verify that you've got 32GBs (note: a properly formatted card will actually net only anywhere from 28-29GBs - you will not get 32GBs. If test results shows 12GBs on a 32GB card, you've got a problem.) Everything is not always as it seems.

Bottomline: beware of what you're buying; trust the vendor - but verify the product. And, be cognizant that not all who left positive reviews (either for the product itself or the vendor in particular) thoroughly tested the cards they received - and that failing to do so could subject you to greatly increased chance of loss of important files/Memories - pics, videos, documents - however it is that you use the memory.

Don't let the bad man steal your piggy bank - or defile you, or your files.

:: The below was Added / Edited 10JUN2012 ::

Note that the 3-star rating is based is based on the following:

1) that the card I rec'd and tested was not as labeled ie it was not up to spec, and was of questionable authenticity; this earned it a 1-star rating.

2) that the Vendor who sold it a) was responsive and reasonable, b) appeared to be 'acting in good faith', which is to say that the Vendor did not appear to be knowingly selling non-spec / counterfeit items, as evidenced by our exchange, their overwhelming positive customer feedback and the Vendor's offer to have me test a random sampling of cards, to determine whether mine was an anomaly, consistent with the batch or particular to the manufacturer and model etc. and c) accepted without question the return. This earned the Vendor a 5-star rating.

These two ratings average to 3 stars.

Note the following, as well: retail-packaging on a product does not make it more authentic; the packaging is among the easiest aspects to counterfeit. Furthermore, purchasing a given item fulfilled through / from Amazon benefits the Consumer only with respect to shipping costs and returns: it does not - and should not - imply that a given product is more authentic than another; to assume that Amazon has technical staff testing all products from all Suppliers for authenticity would be foolhardy. Such Amazon fulfillment is a misleading implied endorsement - like an actor in a lab coat on late night television trying to sell pharmaceuticals: in general, we're more wont to lend our trust to an MD in clinical setting than an actor named 'George' from central casting, but the truth is that both may be idiots and we'll find out only after we challenge them a bit.

Additionally: the scale and scope of the counterfeit memory industry is massive; to assume that a given Vendor with a large product line is necessarily complicit in the fraud, either by having 'boots on the ground' in Asia (or elsewhere) or knowingly dealing in counterfeit memory in order to increase margin etc. etc., though fun to think about, is also a bit naive.

The above-noted tools are there to enable you, Gentle Reader / Potential-Consumer, to make an informed decision - and to help you to minimize risk; some will understand this; others won't - and that's okay. To add a bit of Confucius to your day: 'If you know, all has its place; if you don't know, all has its place.'

I have no vested interest in making people understand SDHC cards - or Confucian philosophhy - one way or another.

Do with this insight as you will. But remember, trust, but verify; you may surprise/enlighten yourself and the vendor.
6565 comments|407 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2012
Bought the card directly from Amazon to avoid any question regarding fake cards.

Got the ff results testing on a PC
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 9.54 MByte/s

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 5.705 MB/s [ 1392.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.611 MB/s [ 149.3 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 6.205 MB/s [ 1514.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.595 MB/s [ 145.2 IOPS]
Test : 1000 MB [E: 0.0% (0.0/29.2 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2012/04/30 15:45:47
OS : Windows 7 SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)

This compared to Sandisk 32GB Class 4 I had previously tested for my DX
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 4.00 MByte/s

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 2.421 MB/s [ 591.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.238 MB/s [ 302.2 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 2.028 MB/s [ 495.0 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.260 MB/s [ 307.6 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [E: 0.0% (0.0/29.7 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2011/11/14 22:06:37
OS : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x86)

Note the speed difference in sequential write (12.1 vs 4.6 MB/s) and 512KB random write (8.3 vs .61 MB/s). Since the Rezound is capable of capturing 1080P video, I wanted something a bit baster then what the Sandisk was offering. The only area the Samsung was slower was the Random 4KB write area, but since Rezound includes 10GB internal SD for use, I use that for most of the apps and dedicated the add on MicroSD to video, photo and music which would be larger files and thus benefit from the card. Also this way I'm not worried about corruption due to small file performance as mentioned when you look up Class 10 card usage in an Android phone.

Just to add a little more info, I just ran SD Tool on the phone and got the ff
Write 8.6 MB/s
Read 19.3 MB/s

so the phone is able to use the extra speed being a newer generation phone.
on March 1, 2012
I received my card in the mail packaging seemed small since I was expecting it to be new in a box, it wasn't. Opened the bubble wrap pack it came in and inside in a 4x2 zip lock bag was a Samsung micro SD and a SD card adapter that had no company branding (notice the picture the adapter says Samsung, mine doesn't). Already I wanna return it but decide hey ill benchmark it and see what the speeds are its supposed to be used for my phone and i have several adapters, the card looks brand new no scratches on the plating all the paint intact no scratches etc...... Results ranged from roughly 9.3 to 7.1 write and 23 to 21.9 read. My product definitely doesn't meet the required speeds to be a class 10 more so a class 6 since it more often benches at the 7 writes. I've started the refund process.

This Item wasn't purchased from amazon rather from another seller on amazon. Didn't want anyone to pass on this b/c of the review the seller was 360 mobile solutions.
88 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
After reading many reviews, I was afraid to buy a fake sd card.
So I decided to buy from AMAZON.INC The card came sealed in a retail package.
I put it in my cell phone and downloaded a android software called "SD CARD TESTER" by GILMAR JOSE PURIN (9.17MB).
The results:
Writing: 2777MB at 19.22MB/s; (you can choose the amount of MB that you want to test).
Reading: 2780MB at 30.33MB/s.
I bought the 32GB one and it shows 29.23GB because of the format.
I would recommend this card for everybody that want a fast and reliable card.
on March 27, 2012
I admit I bought this elsewhere for a better price, but it was a one day deal scenario. I replaced a sandisk 16gb class 4 card. I honestly didn't care much about the supposed increased write/read speed, but I must say I'm satisfied.

Samsung claims 13mb write and 24mb read speeds. On my Verizon LG Revolution I got 9.5mb write and 26.1 read. I download a 100mb podcast everyday and although minimal I think it did download a bit faster. Either way I mainly bought this for the size increase and so far it has performed flawlessly.

Bottom line for a smartphone, you may not need a class 10, a class 6 would probably suffice, and the one that came with my phone was a class 4 and I didn't have any complaints with that one.

It's a great card from a trusted manufacturer, and from a very trusted seller.
on July 11, 2012
I bought this card and a Patriot 32 G card. I thought this would be faster in my samsung SII cell phone. After testing both cards the Patriot was faster in my cell phone and this card was faster in my Acer Tablet than it was in my cell phone. Overall speed is great. Write speed would bounce around 11-12MB/s with read as high as 20-24MB/s using SD Card Tester app.
on February 25, 2012
I'm assuming my card is faulty. Tested in two different environments, it produced test results as shown. I've copied the results from my Samsung Series 9 laptop's built in reader but they're not materially different to the results from my desktop, using a USB reader. Clearly there's a big problem. Looking at the other reviews, I wonder if there's a correlation between poor performance and retail v bulk packaging. I bought mine bulk packaged. It was quite a lot cheaper.
Of course, I'll be returning it but it would be useful to hear from the other reviewers re retail v bulk.

Crystal Dew World :[...]

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 2.210 MB/s [ 539.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.021 MB/s [ 5.1 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 2.737 MB/s [ 668.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.025 MB/s [ 6.1 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [D: 15.9% (4.7/29.6 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2012/02/25 13:45:46
OS : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)
66 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
We bought this to expand the memory on our tablet. It has worked wonderfully. I love that it came with it's own micro to normal adapter. We may never need this but it's nice to have if we do. While I was shopping for one, I saw many versions of microSD cards that didn't come with the adapter.