5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I expected
It arrived this morning and I've been playing with it all day. I've been using the Galaxy Player 4.0 and I got this one to replace it because of the slightly larger screen and up-front speakers. I was hoping this wouldn't be too big or heavy to be comfy in my shirt pocket. Very surprisingly, it's the same size as the 4.0 and it's both thinner and considerably...
Published 23 months ago by Barryem

3.0 out of 5 stars Best Android media player, with flaws
There isn't much competition in the Android media player marketplace. The Samsung Galaxy Player's only real competition is the Apple iPod Touch, which is much more expensive, has no memory expansion, and requires iTunes. The iPod does, however, had many more apps that tend to have a premium feel to them, while Android apps tend to lack visual flair. This can be a good...
Published 19 months ago by Jim Lung

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 523 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Samsung 4.2-Inch Galaxy Player (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Isn't the best Android device, but for only 100 bucks it is in like new condition and it runs fair enough

It just lags and gets stuck alot. Also, I can't play the games I am able to play on other android devices because its using gingerbread android and I can't update it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but won't play *.wav, July 12, 2013
I like everything about the Samsung 4.2 except mine won't play *.wav files. The wifi has good reception. The battery life is great though I don't do a lot with video. I do use it for video chat. It doesn't like to rotate from portrait to landscape while video chatting. I also get disconnected sometimes when switching back and forth from front to back camera but just reconnect quickly. I don't know if it is critical or not but make sure you don't buy too slow of an SDmicro card. I bought class-10 just because I don't know enough to compromise and the cost isn't significant. My big issue is that it won't play *.wav files that I get emailed to me from my MagicJack phone. Does anyone have experience or suggestion how to correct this? Is anyone else able to play *.wav files? Where/how are they created, did you have to alter the 4.2 for it to work? Thanks for any help. (I have read this is not a Samsung problem. There is some royalty payment tif going on and supporting playing *.wav isn't as easy as it used to be.)

Update: Go to [...] to set up an automatic path of converting *.wav voicemails being emailed to you. The no-add version is $10 lifetime. Works very well to convert *.wav to mp3 and/or mp4. And you can manually send files there for conversion to be emailed back to you after converstion. Conversion takes about 3 minutes. This is a lifesaver, my Samsung 4.2 now has new life!! Now 5 stars :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, completely worth it!!!!, July 6, 2013
The Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 is awesome and I love the fact that it was being sold at a great price through Tailwind International. The item arrived right on time, no delays, wonderful. It was packed brand new, no complaints there. I highly recommend that you charge your player for at least 16 HOURS, no joke, I know you will excited to use it right away, but digress, it will be for the best of your battery. The player is working perfectly and thus have no issues with it. It came with a US adapter and it is working as it should as well. I did have a few issues with having the player play WMA files, but I deleted the files and re-ripped them via MP3 format, worked like a charm. Then it was transferring files, don't bother downloading a program to help you do this. I waited until the player was completely charged after 24 hrs, I connected the player to my laptop, went to My Computer, opened newly added device, and then copied and pasted music, videos, pictures to the Player, easy like blinking. It was stress free. You will be happy with the internet, the apps and if you are apprehensive with opening a Google (Gmail) acct you will have to get over that, as you will need it to install apps, so bite the bullet. It is all great and for a person who had zero experience w/ anything Smart-whatever, I picked this all up like a champ. Worth buying & worth getting it from Tailwind International. **Cheers & have fun**

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!! <3, June 25, 2013
I love Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2!!! I brought the Amazon Refurbished one and it look and seems new!!! It was in great condition!!! The love the speaker, especially since they are on the front!!! But, of couse it is a bit of an older version as in the apps, like one of the apps I had before ain my phone wasn't on there... but I still absolutely do not regret getting it!!! It was everything I had hoped for!!! In addtition, I was worried that it didn't have my free texting app "textnow" but in the end, it totally had it!!! I really recommend this product and I know you would not regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Player, June 17, 2013
I wanted to buy a Samsung player for my daughter's birthday. I chose the Samsung because my son had one and the quality of the speakers and the video was much better than my older daughter's Ipod. I was a bit hesitant with this one because I read some reviews and some people mentioned it was the international version. It is and we joke about the map that was included for Europe, but the player does its job and works great. We've had no problems with it all whatsoever. My daughter loves it! I also liked that it came as a full package with ear phones, charger, and 3 back cover plates.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great "Starter Phone", OK MP3 player, May 10, 2013
Like many others I bought this Galaxy Player and converted it to a Wi-Fi phone. Galaxy Player + Google Voice + GrooveIP = this dad saving money! My 9 year old uses it easily and loves playing games, taking photos and videos, and texting friends. I set him up with his own Gmail account and use prepaid Google Play cards for app and MP3 purchases, this protects me from unwanted charges.
The hardware is like an older Android phone, but it is able to run most games and apps. I know in another two years is will be completely obsolete, but that's not bad for $140.
I spent some time listening to music on it as well, and while it sounds better than an iPod it doesn't stand up to Cowon MP3 players.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, February 27, 2013
I just love my Galaxy player. The OS could be newer, but I mainly use it for listening to music, texting and Skype, so its no issue. The headphones that come with the player are a bit tinny, but for the price it was a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars way better then apple, February 20, 2013
bought this for my grandson for christmas. he has'nt put it down since. he's a typical 7 year old and is pretty rough on things, espicially electronics. this has survived being dropped, kicked and stepped on and is still working fine

4.0 out of 5 stars Good player but a few gotchas, January 5, 2013
B. Bauer (Portland, OR, USA) - See all my reviews
I got the 4.2 player with a 64GB card - not officially supported, but it works! The card will give an error when you put it in the player; you just need to format the card. There are demonstrations of this on YouTube. You don't actually get 64+8GB (more like 59GB+5GB on the player). Still, it all cost about half the price of a 64GB iPod Touch.

My first problem was getting content onto the player - the USB kept dropping the connection. After some research I found it was because of Kies, which I hadn't even used. I uninstalled Kies on my PC, and the USB worked fine.

I mostly got it to store a large music library. The sound is not quite as good as I'd like it to be, but it is MUCH more flexible as a device. Not having to deal with iTunes makes the experience so much more pleasant! There is a multitude of ways to get content onto it - I mostly use an app that makes the player an FTP server, so now I rarely plug it into the computer anyway. If tags aren't right, I can edit them on the player. With my iPod, I'd have to make mental notes of the songs with incorrect tags, then use that horribly bloated & slow iTunes to make the changes (inevitably I'd forget some mis-tagged songs and would have to fix that again later). It supports all the major music formats.

There are also several music player apps that you can get for it (I use poweramp) to give it more playback functionality than the standard player (or iPod player).

Other features; The camera is terrible, and probably the biggest shortcoming compared to the new iPod Touch (which has a very nice camera). The screen resolution isn't nearly as high as the Touch, but it still looks great. It has a usable GPS and several offline map apps are available.

1/21/13 edit: originally I noted that music would cut out momentarily from time to time. I had installed a lot of apps, and some of them were running permanently. I uninstalled some apps that I wasn't using, and the sound has been rock solid. Apparently this was some misbehaving app that was constantly running.

5.0 out of 5 stars great substitute for iPod touch, December 26, 2012
I wanted to purchase a player that was a good substitute for an iPod touch for my 9 year old daughter. This has been the perfect solution. The only negative we have found is that there isn't a flash for the camera. Also it is a little hard to find any "fun" cases. Neither of these really make a huge difference though. The battery life is great, screen is great, it hasn't been glitch-y at all. The price point was much more reasonable than the ipod touch. Very, very happy with this purchase!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 523 | Next ›