4.0 out of 5 stars A look after some usage of the 50-200mm
Published on September 19, 2012 by Erich F. Stocker

3.0 out of 5 stars This is an older model
The model number of this 50mm-200mm telephoto lens is EX-T50200IB/US which normally retail for $299.99 and is made for the samsung NX100 camera. But you may used it on NX1000, 2000 and 300. The later model is EX-T50200CSBUS which normally retail for $349.99. Comparing the specs of both EX-T50200IB/US and EX-T50200CSBUS, they seem to be the same. Best buy website is...
Published 13 months ago by Ivan

4.0 out of 5 stars A look after some usage of the 50-200mm, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Samsung 50-200mm Telephoto zoom lens for NX Series Cameras (Electronics)
This is a good lens but not a great one. I made a comparison of it vs using my canon 55-250mm lens on the Samsung NX1000. In most respects the photos with the canon had a nicer, cleaner "look" to them than the ones taken with the the Samsung 50-200. Of course, the canon had to be manually focused and didn't have auto exposure possibilities. The canon is larger and longer still with the Canon EOS to Samsung NX adapter. So for overall fast photo use the Samsung is the lens of choice. But for landscape photos where I'm on a tripod and taking great time and effort with exposure and focus the look of the canon lens is preferable to me. Again the samsung is a very good lens but not an excellent one. It is easy to use on camera; it does everything required in either auto or other mode and it is RELATIVELY small. But having it on the Samsung does dwarf the camera. One of the stupidest decision made by Samsung was not putting a tripod connector on the lens. Mounting the camera on tripod with this lens hanging out without support is a very "iffy" proposition. It is clear that Samsung is not particularly concerned with serious photography but just snapshooters who I suspect seldom would put the camera on a tripod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lens, April 22, 2013
Purchased this as I needed a longer lens than the kit and I liked the OIS feature. the lens is pretty good, nice feel and decently compact when at 50mm (does extend a good bit at 200mm). The OIS is the standout feature, with OIS on, the image is very stable even in low light and makes photos at stage performances possible. I used this at a friends recital and was very pleased with the shots. I have not tried this lens on a vacation yet, but hope that the combination of long focal length and stabilization will translate into some nice travel pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Plasticky but Good Heft, Hunts for Focus Sometimes, Nominally Sharp, Decent Color, May 8, 2013
With this lens, I photographed wild birds in Sierra Vista, Arizona. If I were judging solely on those shots I would have given three stars. I used this lens for spontaneous portraits as well, however, and it did very well.

My biggest complaint is with focusing. It hunted and hunted and looked and looked for yellow birds on a green background and for red birds on a tan background. Frustrating. I had the lens on an NX1000 camera, and I did not have a viewfinder attached, so that made focusing manually more of a challenge (oh, the glare!). I also have a small complaint about the feel of the lens, but it's to be expected at this price point and for the camera I put it on.

Regardless of its faults, I DO recommend this lens for the NX1000 camera. When you want to go with a lightweight camera and take photos mainly for fun, you'll want more than just the 20-50mm kit lens.

One of the things I like about this lens is image stabilization (OIS). It is always on so you don't have to remember to turn it on yourself . You can't turn it off, either, but I guess they've taken that into account for long exposure tripod shots?

I also like that a lens hood is included. It's the plain tube kind, not the tulip shape. I think the reason for the different shapes has to do with focusing mechanisms.

The number 52 is written around the front edge so this lens takes 52mm filters. I'd recommend at least one: a good muti-coated polarizer for sunny glare-ridden scenes (http://www.amazon.com/Hoya-Circular-Polarizer-Multi-Coated-Filter/dp/B00344R250/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368028605&sr=1-10&keywords=52mm+polarizing+filter). If you want to smooth running water, or shoot certain sky + land pictures, get a neutral density filter, too (http://www.amazon.com/Hoya-Neutral-Density-ND-400-Multi-Coated/dp/B001A472LA/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368028787&sr=1-4&keywords=52mm+nd+filter).

in most of my shooting situations, birds notwithstanding, I am happy with this lens. I recommend buying it with a Samsung NX camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lens, February 4, 2013
This lens is an amazing deal.
It's quality was just shy of my 70-210 F4 L canon on a Canon 5DII

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition, April 27, 2013
I got this to supplement the basic lens it got with my NX-1000 and was not disappointed. This lens and camera combo was great for taking QUICK nature shots in heavily overcast sky! Zoom is quick and the built-in optical anti-shake works wonders (I know I'm not that steady!). The only problem I had was finding a camera case that would fit everything nicely, but that's another story. One of the best deals I ever got.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew? The 50-200 is a great zoom lens, April 13, 2013
For the price of this lens, you are getting a great value. It has some edge softness at full apeture, but center focus area is sharp and provides great color saturation and resolution. If you buy the NX1000 and don't pick up this lens, you are not maximizing the full potential of this system.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent lens, December 7, 2012
The lens is kind of massive on the little NX100, and requires a tripod to use, but it is awesome to use. The zoom is quite good, and it's easy to focus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zooming through life:-)), March 30, 2013
WOW! I bought this the Samsung 50-200mm Telephoto lens for my NX 210 camera because I want to be able to capture my 16 year old stepdaughter's sports games (basketball, softball, and soccer) from a distance. I took the lens for the first time during one of her private basketball training sessions- While positioned at the far end of the basketball/soccer court(and walking around the court) I casually took pictures for what I thought was a 100 or so photos at a distance, turned out to be 1,127 beautiful crispy clear potos taken with the sports function. Sent my wife, and stepdaughter a batch sample of the photos which they were extremely happy to recieve. I highly recommend this telephoto lens for anyone interested in great, vibrant photos at a distance:-)) Thank You Amazon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, July 31, 2012
This lens is very good value and is worth every penny. I use it for long distance photography. very stable and does not need a tripod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Zoom Lens, March 4, 2013
This is a very Nice Zoom lens
Very Sharp and Small Size
I recommand this Zoom Lens for some one need extra length