Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung 50-200mm Telephoto zoom lens for NX Series Cameras
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 22, 2013
Purchased this as I needed a longer lens than the kit and I liked the OIS feature. the lens is pretty good, nice feel and decently compact when at 50mm (does extend a good bit at 200mm). The OIS is the standout feature, with OIS on, the image is very stable even in low light and makes photos at stage performances possible. I used this at a friends recital and was very pleased with the shots. I have not tried this lens on a vacation yet, but hope that the combination of long focal length and stabilization will translate into some nice travel pictures.
on September 19, 2012
This is a good lens but not a great one. I made a comparison of it vs using my canon 55-250mm lens on the Samsung NX1000. In most respects the photos with the canon had a nicer, cleaner "look" to them than the ones taken with the the Samsung 50-200. Of course, the canon had to be manually focused and didn't have auto exposure possibilities. The canon is larger and longer still with the Canon EOS to Samsung NX adapter. So for overall fast photo use the Samsung is the lens of choice. But for landscape photos where I'm on a tripod and taking great time and effort with exposure and focus the look of the canon lens is preferable to me. Again the samsung is a very good lens but not an excellent one. It is easy to use on camera; it does everything required in either auto or other mode and it is RELATIVELY small. But having it on the Samsung does dwarf the camera. One of the stupidest decision made by Samsung was not putting a tripod connector on the lens. Mounting the camera on tripod with this lens hanging out without support is a very "iffy" proposition. It is clear that Samsung is not particularly concerned with serious photography but just snapshooters who I suspect seldom would put the camera on a tripod.
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2013
With this lens, I photographed wild birds in Sierra Vista, Arizona. If I were judging solely on those shots I would have given three stars. I used this lens for spontaneous portraits as well, however, and it did very well.

My biggest complaint is with focusing. It hunted and hunted and looked and looked for yellow birds on a green background and for red birds on a tan background. Frustrating. I had the lens on an NX1000 camera, and I did not have a viewfinder attached, so that made focusing manually more of a challenge (oh, the glare!). I also have a small complaint about the feel of the lens, but it's to be expected at this price point and for the camera I put it on.

Regardless of its faults, I DO recommend this lens for the NX1000 camera. When you want to go with a lightweight camera and take photos mainly for fun, you'll want more than just the 20-50mm kit lens.

One of the things I like about this lens is image stabilization (OIS). It is always on so you don't have to remember to turn it on yourself . You can't turn it off, either, but I guess they've taken that into account for long exposure tripod shots?

I also like that a lens hood is included. It's the plain tube kind, not the tulip shape. I think the reason for the different shapes has to do with focusing mechanisms.

The number 52 is written around the front edge so this lens takes 52mm filters. I'd recommend at least one: a good muti-coated polarizer for sunny glare-ridden scenes (http://www.amazon.com/Hoya-Circular-Polarizer-Multi-Coated-Filter/dp/B00344R250/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368028605&sr=1-10&keywords=52mm+polarizing+filter). If you want to smooth running water, or shoot certain sky + land pictures, get a neutral density filter, too (http://www.amazon.com/Hoya-Neutral-Density-ND-400-Multi-Coated/dp/B001A472LA/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368028787&sr=1-4&keywords=52mm+nd+filter).

in most of my shooting situations, birds notwithstanding, I am happy with this lens. I recommend buying it with a Samsung NX camera.
on April 27, 2013
I got this to supplement the basic lens it got with my NX-1000 and was not disappointed. This lens and camera combo was great for taking QUICK nature shots in heavily overcast sky! Zoom is quick and the built-in optical anti-shake works wonders (I know I'm not that steady!). The only problem I had was finding a camera case that would fit everything nicely, but that's another story. One of the best deals I ever got.
on April 13, 2013
For the price of this lens, you are getting a great value. It has some edge softness at full apeture, but center focus area is sharp and provides great color saturation and resolution. If you buy the NX1000 and don't pick up this lens, you are not maximizing the full potential of this system.
on October 20, 2013
I chase birds and the lens allows me to shoot good quality pictures from a distance. At my age, longer lenses are not an option because I cannot hold them steady. This lens is use on a Samsung NK1000 and has me completely satisfied with the product. If I do everything right, I can produce fine images.
on May 16, 2014
When I took my first shots with this lens, I was struck by the clarity and quality of the images. Considering the size of the NX300, it's big and bulky, but the whole package still remains smaller than the equivalent quality DSLR.

This provides a nice bridge from the 18-55mm kit lens to get those close-in shots that you can't get otherwise (or don't want to crop).

I'm no pro, just a simple and inexperienced enthusiast getting some of the best shots I've ever taken with my NX300 and lenses.
on March 30, 2013
WOW! I bought this the Samsung 50-200mm Telephoto lens for my NX 210 camera because I want to be able to capture my 16 year old stepdaughter's sports games (basketball, softball, and soccer) from a distance. I took the lens for the first time during one of her private basketball training sessions- While positioned at the far end of the basketball/soccer court(and walking around the court) I casually took pictures for what I thought was a 100 or so photos at a distance, turned out to be 1,127 beautiful crispy clear potos taken with the sports function. Sent my wife, and stepdaughter a batch sample of the photos which they were extremely happy to recieve. I highly recommend this telephoto lens for anyone interested in great, vibrant photos at a distance:-)) Thank You Amazon!!
on September 27, 2013
I purchased this lens as companion to a 30mm f2 lens for my NX300. I found it to be a surprisingly good lens--especially at its modest price--that's capable of very good photos throughout most of it's range.

Unfortunately, after only three or four times switching between AF and MF, the tiny, plastic selector slide switch broke. After a few calls to Samsung support, and a bit of mis-direction from them in submitting a warranty repair claim, I was told that because the switch broke when I was using it, Samsung considers this "physical damage" that is not covered by its warranty.

So, if you already own this lens, be extra careful when moving this extra-delicate switch. If you haven't yet purchased this (or other) Samsung product, it might be wise to first check their warranty policies, practices and loopholes.

I hope you enjoy your NX gear as much as I do mine!
on August 9, 2013
With a max aperture of f 4.0, it isn't very fast, but this lens and the 20 mp sensor of the NX 1000 camera create superb images in good natural light. OIS or not, for tele work I have been using this lens with the little camera body mounted on a full sized tripod. The lens comes with a good lens shade, essential for avoiding glare because the front element is not recessed very far. Its list price is expensive, but like the NX cameras with the kit lens, its often available at well discounted prices. The Samsung 85 mm f 1.4 lens might be better for my purpose, but that has a list price of $1000 and no discounts. The 50-250 zoom lens is also listed by some dealers as a movie lens. While the camera takes excellent HD video, I have not used this lens to shoot video yet.