5.0 out of 5 stars great device
This works fine with my Samsung series 9 latptop. This adapter transfers great image and works with all monitors and computer projectors I tested it.
Published on February 16, 2012 by Lector.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work!
Bought this for my Samsung Series 9 Ultra book. Item arrived and looked great but it does not work. Bought another solution.
Published 17 months ago by saveyourmoney

5.0 out of 5 stars great device, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Samsung AA-AH1NAMB/US Micro HDmi To VGA Adapter (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Playbook, February 4, 2012
I got this to enable me to do Powerpoint presentations while traveling only with my Blackberry Playbook. Most projectors have a male VGA connector. The Playbook has a mini HDMA socket. This connector works perfectly to unite the two. No other connectors are needed. You may need to adjust the HDMA resolution under settings but that is easy. Now I can travel without taking a laptop. Awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on Samsung Slate PC, January 11, 2012
I got a Samsung Slate PC Developer Preview device from the Microsoft BUILD 2011 conference that I need to use on VGA overhead projectors for demos. This device is nearly identical to the Samsung Slate PC Series 7 - 700T1A Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A-A01US 11.6-Inch Screen Slate (64 GB, Win 7 HP) that is available now. This adapter worked great on the Slate's micro-HDMI port doing duplicate screens up only to 1024x768 res. It works at higher resolutions if you use it to extend the monitor, but I don't expect to use that to much.

One minor issue is the micro-HDMI port becomes disabled if you use the docking station Samsung Series 7 Slate Pc Dock. I'm presuming this is because the docking station has its own HDMI port, but its a full sized port so this adapter cant use it directly. I'm getting a female micro-HDMI to male HDMI adapter so hopefully that will allow me to use it on the docking station, I'll up date soon if it worked or not once I get one.

Update - The resolution on the adapter can go up to 1280x720 on some systems for the duplicate screens on Windows 8 developer preview, but my own monitor could not lock onto that resolution. The female micro-HDMI to male HDMI adapter arrived and it worked great on the docking station. Note I could not find this adapter on Amazon, but there are a few other sites that do sell the female micro-HDMI to male HDMI adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung micro HDMI to VGA adapter, January 26, 2012
These converter cables are very hard to get a hold of so I was very happy when I found one on Amazon. It is a high quality converter cable and works very well. I highly recommend that Samsung Series 9 laptop owners get one if you work in a large company or are a consultant and often need to project slides using VGA connections

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, no-fuss device that does what it says, June 8, 2012
I purchased this device to deliver PowerPoint presentations and other demos from my BlackBerry PlayBook through VGA projectors. It works flawlessly. As soon as you connect it to the PlayBook, the tablet recognizes an external display and allows you to configure its several HDMI options.

Unlike mini HDMI adapters, which require an external power supply, this micro HDMI adapter takes its power from the HDMI port itself. In my experience, I haven't noticed any substantial reduction in the tablet's battery life stemming from the use of this adapter, so apparently the adapter is fairly frugal in its power requirements.

Physically, the adapter's cable is reassuringly stiff and thick. The whole assembly fits comfortably in a pocket shirt, with perhaps the HDMI connector sticking out. It is rather light. It is made of glossy black plastic; I have had no issues with it, but it seems fairly easy to scratch.

In all, a great product that does what it's meant to with no fuss.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work!, January 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with Samsung Series 9 Laptop, December 12, 2012
After trying (and failing) with several non-OEM adapters for my Samsung Laptop, I purchased this OEM product. It works perfectly with all 3 VGA monitors that I have tried. In all cases, the VGA monitor picture is clear and has no sync'ing issues. The VGA end of the dongle is somewhat large measuring approximately 1.75" x 2.25". Note also that once the dongle is plugged into a Series 9, a second monitor is detected, even before connecting a VGA monitor (cable) to the dongle. As my system is Windows 8, the "devices" option in the charms menu then allows easy setup in the different supported Windows 8 multi-monitor configurations. The packaging from the seller was original Samsung OEM packaging with the expected Samsung branding. Documentation includes a multi-language user guide, with a single page (for each language) explaining and illustrating the simple connection process. A warranty document is also included (1 year for U.S.). As in the product description, make sure you are getting an AA-AH1NAMB/US. I have not tried this product with laptops other than my Series 9.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Playbook!, March 12, 2012
VERY happy with this find. It took a long search to find one that was TRULY available, but now I'm a happy man. I'm using this to run my Youth Group. We have an older VGA projector, and I can use this dongle to connect my Playbook(Micro HDMI) to the projector. Works perfectly, and does not require power like a couple of the other cords like this. This dongle is about 6 inches long, and you still need a VGA cable from your projector, but 99.9% of projectors have these. If you have a Playbook and are using it for presentations, then buy this....If you can find one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine in Ubuntu, January 2, 2013
The adapter works without problems with Ubuntu 12.04 on my samsung series 9 900x4c laptop. Just had to play with Fn+F4.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung cable, December 10, 2012
Price is too high, but overall product is good. there are cables for half the price that do the same.

Rate and Discover Movies