Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung ATIV Odyssey, Black 8GB (Verizon Wireless)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on May 2, 2013
I have had a Windows Phone 7/7.5 (WP7/7.5), an HTC Trophy, for nearly two years and I have been very happy with it. I would have stayed with it but I needed to upgrade from 3G to 4G. This necessitated the move to WP8. Enter the Odyssey.

The transition was easy. The only problem I had was when I realized the phone did not come with a SIM card; it turns out that SIM cards are available from Verizon, both locally and by mail, and from Samsung, for free.

I am not into texting, Skype, Facebook, and social media in general, so I can't comment on those, but this package works great on all of the things I've tried.

The cellular data link, wifi, and internet sharing features work flawlessly.

It is an almost effortless transition from WP7.5 to WP8 and I easily found all the apps that I wanted; I had many apps on the old phone that I rarely used so I did not even look for them in WP8. (My computers are Windows 7 and I have not tried Windows 8).

The battery is strong.

I have not selected a microSDXC card yet since there is no information on recommended minimum speed rating or UHS-1 capability available for the phone; I have contacted Samsung by telephone and online chat and their representatives are not familiar with their own phones or memory cards. I would dock them half a star for poor customer service on an otherwise great product. I have thrown a 32gb Class 10 card, that I already had, into the phone and it works fine; I want to get a good 64gb card that the phone can take advantage of.

I am really, really happy with this phone!

Update August 6, 2013

I shopped around and got a good deal on a 64gb, Class 10, UHS-1, microSDXC card and it is, of course, working fine.

Update February 10, 2014

I have used Bluetooth A2DP audio a lot and it is solid as a rock. I recently got an A2DP receiver that is capable of Near Field Communication (NFC), like the Odyssey is. The NFC A2DP pairing is slick.

Jim
44 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2015
I was scared to switch to Windows phone from Android, but I am glad I did!!! This phone is amazing! I love it and couldn't be happier. The only drawback is the apps.....but I can overlook that, because the main apps I use are available.....the only one missing is my PNC Banking app. Hopefully that will be available soon......but other than that, I am now a Windows phone user.....forget Android!!!
on July 9, 2013
I love my windows phone.
I love the way you can customize it. It's super easy to use and I love the texting on it.

The only down side is the apps.
You hardly have any apps like you do with other smart phones. You are very limited.
I wish I knew this before buying the phone. It would of swayed my choice of buying the phone because I love the apps on my old smart phone.
on November 11, 2015
Very disappointed. Battery is not shutting down too fast and the battery is bloated and easily get hot, which are the signs of defect. Gmail is not working properly on this phone. Keep getting error signs to log in, which I found out that the previous user applied some kind of lock and it is impossible to find a way to unlock. I requested refund, and it takes 2-3 days for approval. I hope the seller doesn't give me a hard time getting my money back.
on July 6, 2015
With used nearly a day and the electricity is half, I feel it is very great , hope you like it also.
on April 25, 2016
my step-daughter hated the phone.. just bought her a new one. her biggest complaint was the windows interface.

See 1 answered question