4.0 out of 5 stars I ADMIRE this phone!!!
Published on February 16, 2012 by 1Dub79

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst phone I have ever owned
This phone is a joke--hands down, the worst cell phone I've ever had. It's slow, buggy, and apparently shoddily constructed, since I have had hardware issues with BOTH of my Samsung Admires (the first one I purchased, and the one I ordered to replace it).

Published 22 months ago by Susannah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I ADMIRE this phone!!!, February 16, 2012
1Dub79 (Fairburn, Ga.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Admire Prepaid Android Phone, Grey (MetroPCS) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I detested Metro PCS for the longest time. However, I noticed they not only improved their coverage, but made better phones. I was with Straight Talk and wanted to upgrade, but they didn't have a variety of Android phones. Not to mention, the few they had were overpriced. I looked at Metro PCS' website and saw the Samsung Admire for ONLY $59.00 I figured I would give it a try.

Applications: This phone has many apps, which can be chosen from. Of course, some of the most popular apps are by default, such as Facebook and YouTube. Other apps can also be obtained for free or via purchase.

Camera/Camcorder: Don't be fooled by the 3.2 mega pixel insignia on the back of the camera because the clarity shows a heck of a lot better than the indication. Believe it or not, the clarity rivals the 5 mega pixels on a BlackBerry Bold. Not to mention, the clarity of the videos is just as good.

Gmail: This phone has a default Google Mail application, which is cool because I have GMail. Each time you receive an email, you will get an alert, which will have an icon of an envelope on the upper left-handed corner of the phone. If you do not have GMail, not to worry! There is a default Email app, which handles your incoming emails the same as GMail does.

GPS: The GPS on this phone is second-to-none. Not to mention, it is probably better than many GPS systems on the market. There are a few apps, which give you GPS navigation. However, I would suggest using the Navigation app. Just tap the microphone icon, and choose the destination, which you wish to travel to. While driving, you are given live, turn-by-turn instructions to the chosen destination. Not to mention, if you go a different route than the one given, the GPS will automatically re-route and modify directions to the same chosen location.

Voice Automated Text: For those people, who like to unsafely drive, while texting, this feature is ideal. On the text screen, just tap the microphone icon and speak. The system will actually text what you say. However, don't say TOO many words and speak as clear as possible.

Web Browser/Wi-Fi: The phone only has a 3G network. However, it can be very fast, depending on your location. In other words, if you are in a bad location, you may not be able to successfully watch YouTube videos. I would advise to have the Wi-Fi setting on.

This phone may not be the best, such as the 4G phones. However, for all it does, and the current price, it is definitely worth owning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, I Have Had a Wonderful Experience, January 18, 2012
Despite what other reviews say. I have had NO problem with this cellphone. This is like a high quality cellphone NOT a cheap piece of junk. Much better than the more expensive Verizon I had. The touchscreen is awesome. Works with long finger nails and short, so typing is overall easy. The only let down is battery life, you must keep it on a charger ALL NIGHT or else tomorrow will be a ploof. Picture and video is nice(but I have downloaded the Camera360 app). All the keys work perfectly. You might want to purchase a SD/memory card that stores higher. Other than that this cellphone has NEVER frozen on me. So because I can't give a 4.5 it still deserves a 5 despite battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone for the price, April 7, 2012
I have no issues whatsoever with my phone and the carrier. The 3G network is a little slow, but the GPS works fine, and the coverage zone, in Miami, is much better than sprint... and i save about $30 / month! What more could i ask for?

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst phone I have ever owned, October 26, 2012

For the 45 minutes or so I was in love with my first Admire...it was cute, sleek, and I could go on the internets. But after a few hours of using it, I could see that the functionality was EXTREMELY inconsistent, and the phone was mind-numbingly, rage-inducingly slow. To make things even worse, in the coming weeks, the phone began to inexplicably power itself off, and the screen flickered constantly. I contacted MetroPCS to see if I could exchange it for different phone, but unfortunately my only option was to order a new model of the same phone.

The second Admire I received was the same--just as slow/unresponsive as the other, but at least it wasn't shutting itself off for no apparent reason. I was satisfied for a short time...until I began having trouble with the charger port. When it was plugged in, it would constantly go back and forth between charging/not charging. Eventually, it stopped charging altogether. It is now completely useless.

I have since gone back to my 2-year-old Samsung Freeform. I would rather use this outdated non-smartphone for the rest of time than order another admire.

I am PISSED...I wasted a good chunk of money on this completely terrible phone, and now I have no option to exchange it or upgrade it or anything...I'm just stuck with a $130 paperweight. GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER SAMSUNG! How dare you put this phone out onto the market! SHAME ON YOU!

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 Months and Died, December 17, 2012
I do not use the phone often but after only 3 months of having the phone is not able to hold a charge, or even charge at all. One of my co workers had the EXACT same problem. Samsung will not exchange or give you a credit towards a new phone. If you look online you will see several people have had this problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone ever owned, November 24, 2012
I have never had a phone this bad or this irritating! To get it to turn on, I must open it and put the battery out and in, even then, I may have to do this up to 5 times. The volume is so low, my friends cannot hear me and I cannot hear them. The battery life is non extent, doesn't even last one hour. Pone turns itself off constantly. I must carry a charger wherever I go as it dies on me. Occasionally, the sounds and ringer work work but not too often so I have no idea someone called. Forget texting, sometimes it sends texts, sometimes. Metro Pcs and their service and phones are terrible. Do not buy this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Right!, March 11, 2012
I have had many, many phones..expensive ones, cheaper ones u name it...this is a good "in-between phone" Great for the price and pretty reliable.Does just enough to keep me happy. Size is perfect...it does need a case though because the phone seems rather slick in the hand..but this is no wherre near a deal breaker for me..all in all..it's Just right.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed !!!!, July 9, 2013
When the phone arrived. I notice that the phone had a crack at the bottom, because it was for my 12yrs old daughter. I decided to keep it and transfer it over, but when I transferred it over sometimes she could call out, and sometimes she could' nt. We even had problems getting into some of the apps. We couldn't get in the camera at all. My 12yrs old daughter was very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone I've ever had, July 1, 2013
Emily D. (Fullerton, CA) - See all my reviews
It's supposed to be a smart phone, but it operates like it's on a Windows 95 system. I will press a button and the screen loads like aol dial up. Disc space fills up so quickly, have to constantly delete programs to fit a large one. Would not recommend this phone to anyone unless you have an immense amount of patience.

2.0 out of 5 stars this is a pretty bad phone, January 3, 2013
here are the problems I've experienced with this phone:

sometimes for no reason at all, it turns off on me.

sometimes, a .nomedia file will randomly appear in my music and videos folder, making it seem like my phone either deleted all my media or it can't read the files.

There was one instance where my phone somehow corrupted pictures and videos that I've taken on it to the point where they were unreadable.

Also, this has s*** internal memory: only 256 mb. that's awful for today's standards. so if you have a lot of apps, you end up having to move them into the SD card, and that causes some of the apps such as angry birds to be too slow since it has to keep reading from the SD card.

Also, when you plug in your earphones, the internal microphone gets disabled. so if you're listening to music, and someone calls you, you have to disconnect your headphones to talk to them. then as soon as the call ends, the phone starts blasting whatever song you were listening to before you can plug your earphones back in.

for some weird reason, it keeps losing the .mp4 videos that i put on it.

the data service is SLLOOOWW. the only thing slower is dial up. if you have metroPCS, the only data service that's worth it at all is a 4g service.

all in all, I've gone from loving this phone at first since it was the first smart phone I've ever had to straight up despising it. I'll do my homework next time before making a purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›