From the Manufacturer
3D Technology Checklist
This product is 3D-related. To help you get a great 3D experience, use our checklist below to ensure that you have everything you need. If you have any questions or want to learn more about 3D, we invite you to visit 3D 101--our center for everything 3D. To get started with 3D, please ensure that you have:
A DisplayThe first--and most important--item you'll need is a 3D-ready display--whether it be a 3D HDTV, 3D projector, or 3D computer monitor. These displays usually have a higher processing power than older models as they need to display one image for each eye to create a 3D effect.
A SourceWhile your display is ready for 3D playback, you still need a device to read 3D content (i.e., a movie or a show). This source can be a cable box with a subscription to a 3D channel, a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, or a PlayStation 3.
ContentIn order to watch 3D, you will need to get some 3D content. This 3D content will come from the source mentioned above in the form of a 3D program, movie, or game. Please ensure that your 3D movies are in the Blu-ray 3D format, as this new format will provide the best 3D experience.
3D GlassesAll 3D HDTVs on the market require Active Shutter glasses to create the 3D effect. You will need to buy one pair of glasses for each viewer. Also make sure that the Active Shutter glasses you buy are compatible with your display--for example, buy the glasses from the same brand as your 3D HDTV.
HDMI CableTo connect your source (such as a 3D Blu-ray Disc player) to your display, you'll need a hgh-speed HDMI cable. Cables with this designation--with bandwidth speeds up to 10.2 Gbps (gigabits per second)--will be able to carry the 3D signal without any loss of quality.
- Full HD 3D support
- Internet@TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and more – all on your HDTV.
- BD-Live: Get more out of a Blu-ray Disc than what's on it. BD-Live 2.0 lets studios future-proof their Blu-ray titles, so they can add content to BD-Live Ready discs even after they have been shipped. Simply connect your Blu-ray player to the Internet (through the included Ethernet port or using an optional Link Stick USB wireless dongle) to download images, subtitles and more. Text-chat with friends during a movie, or play against others in online trivia games to unlock exclusive video content and earn discounts on other products.
- AllShare:Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- Wireless LAN-ready (Wireless LAN adaptor not included)
- Full 1080p Picture Quality
- Sleek, slim design
- 1 HDMI
- 1 USB
- Advanced HD audio (Dolby Digital TruHD, DTS-HD Master Audio)
- 7.1 channel audio out