The Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-ray 3D DiscPlayer allows you to see vivid dimensions in picture depth and action that both leaps off the screen, and draws you deep into the experience. Enjoy the superior picture quality and brilliant color of Full HD 1080p in a way you’ve never seen it before.
From the Manufacturer
BD-C6900 Blu-ray Player
3D Technology Checklist
This product is 3D-related. To help you get a great 3D experience, use our checklist below to ensure that you have everything you need. If you have any questions or want to learn more about 3D, we invite you to visit 3D 101--our center for everything 3D. To get started with 3D, please ensure that you have:
| || || |
A Display The first--and most important--item you'll need is a 3D-ready display--whether it be a 3D HDTV, 3D projector, or 3D computer monitor. These displays usually have a higher processing power than older models as they need to display one image for each eye to create a 3D effect.
| || || |
A Source While your display is ready for 3D playback, you still need a device to read 3D content (i.e., a movie or a show). This source can be a cable box with a subscription to a 3D channel, a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, or a PlayStation 3.
| || || |
Content In order to watch 3D, you will need to get some 3D content. This 3D content will come from the source mentioned above in the form of a 3D program, movie, or game. Please ensure that your 3D movies are in the Blu-ray 3D format, as this new format will provide the best 3D experience.
| || || |
3D Glasses All 3D HDTVs on the market require Active Shutter glasses to create the 3D effect. You will need to buy one pair of glasses for each viewer. Also make sure that the Active Shutter glasses you buy are compatible with your display--for example, buy the glasses from the same brand as your 3D HDTV.
| || || |
HDMI Cable To connect your source (such as a 3D Blu-ray Disc player) to your display, you'll need a hgh-speed HDMI cable. Cables with this designation--with bandwidth speeds up to 10.2 Gbps (gigabits per second)--will be able to carry the 3D signal without any loss of quality.
If you want to get more information about 3D, shop our 3D products, watch videos, or interact with other customers, visit 3D 101
, our customer center about everything 3D.
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-ray 3D DiscPlayer allows you to see vivid dimensions in picture depth and action that both leaps off the screen, and draws you deep into the experience. Enjoy the superior picture quality and brilliant color of Full HD 1080p in a way you’ve never seen it before. 1080p Up-conversion optimizes resolution, for better viewing. Samsung Apps like BLOCKBUSTER, YouTube, Netflix, Twitter and Facebook, built for your Blu-ray, let you stream video, play games, view pictures and more. Built-in WiFi allows you to wirelessly access pictures and music from your PC and stream content, including apps, straight to your Samsung Blu-ray Player. BDLive connects to exciting online content, providing countless hours of additional digital entertainment. The BD-C6900 has a sleek, black design that adds a beautiful, modern look to your décor.
Built with advanced 3D technology, the BD-C6900 features 3D Full HD 1080p image quality. 3D technology opens the door to a new level of action that leaps right off the screen.
- Full HD 3D support
- Internet@TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and more – all on your HDTV.
- BD-Live ready: Get more out of a Blu-ray Disc than what's on it. BD-Live 2.0 lets studios future-proof their Blu-ray titles, so they can add content to BD-Live Ready discs even after they have been shipped. Simply connect your Blu-ray player to the Internet (through the included Ethernet port or using an optional Link Stick USB wireless dongle) to download images, subtitles and more. Text-chat with friends during a movie, or play against others in online trivia games to unlock exclusive video content and earn discounts on other products.
- AllShare:Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- Wireless LAN built-in
- 1GB built-in memory
- Premium design
- Full 1080p Picture Quality
- Sleek, slim design (39mm)
- High glossy finish
- Full screen, ultra fast play
- Advanced HD audio (Dolby Digital TruHD, DTS-HD Master Audio)
- 7.1 channel audio out
- Audio CD
3D at Home
See vivid new dimensions in picture depth and action that leaps off the TV screen. The Samsung 3D experience* is:
• Watching 3D movies and shows on a Samsung 3D TV with stylish and comfortable 3D Active glasses
• Connecting a Samsung 3D Blu-ray Disc Player immerses you in the latest Hollywood 3D hits.
• Converting 2D movies, sports and shows to 3D. * 3D viewing experience depends on source of 3D content. Samsung 3D TVs are compatible with the Blu-ray Disc Association standard and both broadcast standards.
Internet-Connected Choose apps built for your TV that let you stream video, play games, view pictures and more.
• Video: BLOCKBUSTER (new movie releases), YouTube (user-generated content) and Netflix (instantly stream TV shows and movies).
• Games: Monopoly from EA, interactive card games and more.
• Lifestyle: Facebook (social networking), Twitter (conversations and updates), Pandora (personalized internet radio) and more.
• Sports and News: the latest headlines and more from Associated Press and USA Today.
Ultra Fast Play
At Samsung we believe there's always room for improvement. We applied this philosophy to eradicating the time it takes for a movie to actually start after inserting a disc into a Blu-ray or DVD player. Our BD-C6900 was engineered with Ultra Fast Play to eliminate those annoying load times. It gets you into the entertainment right away. So sitting down to watch your favorite drama no longer entails the drama of slow device booting and clumsy tray openings.
Sleek Design The BD-C6900 boasts a design that's both modernized and minimized, making it as much a part of your living room as it is your home theater system. With both TOP disc lighting and blue lighting, its logo shines when the player reads discs. Only 1.5" high, the BD-C6900's slim body hides the disc loading door, but through its cool transparent window on top you can see what disc is playing. Factor in its sleek, chic metal finish and there's no doubt that this player has the high-end looks to match its high-end performance.
AllShare Now you can enjoy music, movies and photos from your PC and mobile devices, right on your Samsung TV screen. With the BD-C6900's AllShare, wirelessly sync your PC or Samsung mobile phone with your TV, streaming content and even keeping tabs on who's calling and texting you with real-time monitoring on your screen. Samsung's AllShare makes staying connected easy.
Screen Fit To maximize your viewing experience, to truly feel the power of on-screen portrayals, you need all the picture you can get. With the Screen Fit feature, the BD-C6900 Blu-ray disc player automatically converts 21:9 aspect ratio movies to 16:9 aspect, eliminating those annoying black bands crowding the scenes. Watch movies the way they were meant to be seen--with just one touch of the Screen Fit button.
Upgrade Breathe new life into your movie collection with the BD-C6900 and upscale your standard definition DVDs into high resolution DVDs. Your favorite DVDs will feature the same brilliant details and rich, robust colors you've come to enjoy from the high definition content on your HDTV.
Anynet+ Anynet+ is an AV Network system to automatically control Samsung Audio/Video (AV) devices. There is no need to use different remote controls for different devices. With the Anynet+ feature, all you need is one remote control for a simple and convenient experience.