5.0 out of 5 stars External Battery charger!
Works great! This is only an external battery charger and phone stand. This DOES NOT charge your battery while in your phone. As we all know with smart phones the battery is the weakest link so a second battery is a must! the LED light isn't overly bight so it doesn't look like a spot light at night. The stand feature holds the phone at a good angle for a desk.
Published on August 29, 2012 by Scott C. Richardson

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF JANETS TREASURE FULFILLED BY AMAZON
I bought one that was sold by Janets Treasure fulfilled by amazon. It was a knockoff which had no battery inside nor was it made by Samsung. Beware of this vendor and their fraudulent practices. You've been warned!
Published 17 months ago by Alex C

5.0 out of 5 stars External Battery charger!, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3 Stand and Spare Battery Charger (2100mAh Battery Included) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF JANETS TREASURE FULFILLED BY AMAZON, September 5, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 6, 2012
For my last few phones i bought cheaper batteries and chargers and i always ended up being disappointed. The off brand batteries never powered my phone as long as the original and the more times i charged them the shorter they would actually power my phone. I also broke a couple of the crap chargers that came with the cheap batteries too.

With my Galaxy S3 I'm using the Techtiles and none of the cheap batteries have NFC, so they weren't an option for me this time around. The original Samsung kit is so much better than the cheap knock off batteries. Not only do they power my phone for as long as the battery that came with my GS3 but the NFC works too. The charger/stand looks and feels high quality and it comes with another micro USB ac adapter.

There is a reason the Hyperion and other batteries are cheaper than the real Samsung ones--they suck and dont work as well. Just save yourself the time and headache and buy the real Samsung like i did. You wont be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for convenience, July 12, 2012
I've always had a spare charging station/battery for all my previous phones. It's really convenient having a fully charged battery - ready for install at any time. This particular one works as designed (charges the NFC spare battery that comes with it) and is able to hold your phone (landscape) at the same time. It would be nice though if it could charge your phone AND the spare battery simultaneously. The cradle area can fit the GS3 even with a (thin) TPU case on the phone. This newer design now has a front lip which is barely noticeable inside of the cradle that holds the phone in place when it has a case on. I only give it 4 stars because I think it should be able to charge the phone at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff., December 7, 2012
I've only had for about....4 hours, but it's not something you have to have for a long time to realize it's worth.

This is an OFFICIAL Samsung Product. OEM packaging and everything, so don't be afraid to buy this guy.

Comes with the GS3 Samsung Battery that supports NFC.

Charging time seems about the same amount of time as if you were hooking it up to your phone. There is an LED to let you know when it's done charging.

The unit itself is pretty light and has a small profile. I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to carry it around in your pocket if you wanna go to a coffee shop and use it to prop the phone up (which can be done in landscape/portrait)

I just real wish this guy charged the phone at the same time. At least my phone looks good propped up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have For Today's Smartphone Users, March 9, 2013
In this day & age people like me are tethered to our phones 24/7 (I do try squeeze in 8 hours of sleep from time to time), I use my phone for everything. I travel a lot and utilize my phone for everything possible, personal banking, credit cards for business expenses, word, excel, powerpoint, calendar, tasks, about 100 emails a day, not to mention talking & texting constantly. Needless to say I chew through some serious mAh in the course of a day, usually anywhere from 1-2 charges before I'm done for the day, so this little jewel is fantastic for me.

I bought it about a month ago and have used it everyday since. I do not think I have actually plugged my phone in more than once or twice since I got it (I run my battery down to <5% and change out). It is sleek, seems to be pretty tough, it came with the battery, and works like a charm. Since I drive for most of my travels I leave it plugged in to my car charger, which provides a slower charge than my wall charger and that actually seems to extend the battery life once it's in my phone (may just be me). If I can't charge it from my car I use my laptop usb (since I do so much from my phone, my laptop only comes out for the big stuff these days).

It has a red light for charging, and a green light to let you know when it's charged. There is also an orange light that comes on for a second when I first insert the battery, which I think is supposed to stay on if the battery is damaged or too hot to charge (not certain about that, and I cannot locate my manual right now).

I can assure you that I will buy another one of these from Samsung when I buy my next Galaxy phone, even though battery technology is ever increasing, so is my demand on the battery, therefore I do not see the need for something like this going away anytime in the near future.

Short & Sweet: This product lives up to the quality of all my other Samsung devices, and as always buying from Amazon is the way to go.

3.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT if you get the OEM Samsung item that's advertised however you MIGHT get some cheap packaging and knockoff battery, November 23, 2013
This is third time I purchased this exact item from Amazon - once in March 2013 and TWICE within the past week (November 2013). The first time I ordered this item, the product and transaction was perfect and I would give it FIVE stars. I ended up misplacing the charger and battery a couple weeks ago so I reordered the same thing. What was delivered was the OEM charger (I think it was anyways) and some knockoff third-party battery from China - and this was all packaged in just a small ziploc bag, not the official Samsung packaging.

Even though it's easy to find really cheap knockoff accessories for a fraction of OEM prices, I still choose, and will pay a premium for, the official OEM products and accessories. Because I paid this premium for this item but received something less than that, I immediately contacted Amazon. They processed the return and told me to reorder the same item and that they'll make sure that the official Samsung item would be delivered.

I ended up getting the item I expected and wanted but I had to clear a few hurdles to do so. Hopefully you won't have to do the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stand Useless if your S3 has a case. Does not charge to 100%, October 20, 2012
I purchased this charger/stand and extra battery combo. The battery appears to be a standard Samsung for the S3, but it was just a little bit larger on one dimension, so its has to be pried out of the phone. Not a big deal, you can do it with your fingernail, but it is not a perfect fit. And since everything about the Galaxy S3 actually is PERFECT, I expect the accessories to be as well. Maybe its just my unit, but I don't get a 100% charge from this charging unit. This morning, after leaving it charging all night, I took the battery out of the charger and inserted it in the phone. My phone indicated that the battery was only 76% charged. Charging the same battery in the phone works perfectly. IN the phone, the same battery charges more quickly and reaches 100%. Finally, my phone doesn't fit in the stand with the case on, so if I want to use the stand, I have to remove the case. Not at all convenient. I have an awesome Body Glove case with a built in stand which is actually much more stable than the little groove in this charging system. I wonder if I should even give 2 stars... Well, the battery works. The charger works, but not that well. Back in the day, when I had an HTC Evo, I purchased a no-name brand combo charger with extra generic battery. It was under $10 and both the battery and charger worked perfectly. I recommend that solution over this $37 combo where the stand is generally useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as discribed/ did not charge properly, September 13, 2013
The unit was not labeled for USA, it was not as described and only charged to 80% no matter how long you left it charging or at what level the battery was at the beginning of charging. It was also very slow just to get to 80%. I returned the unit. Still awaiting my credit from the supplier. Not happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great! Works as advertised!, July 10, 2013
I received my battery charger and stand in genuine Samsung packaging and the unit looked nice and clean and still had all of the plastic coatings, though the outermost box came a little squashed. This is a charger for (and including) a spare battery for the GS3 and can also serve as a stand for the phone. People who fail to understand the capabilities and limitations of this device are writing some inaccurate reviews. Nowhere in the text of the ad is it stated that the device will charge an external battery and the phone simultaneously. That said, I love having an extra charged battery to swap out any time!